4 Tbsp oil

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp vodka

White Russian Frosting

1/4 cup Earth Balance

2 Tbsp Kahlua

2 tsp vodka

1 – 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350°. Fill cupcake tray with liners.

The trick with this recipe is to make both batters at the same time. That means mix all your wet ingredients and all your dry ingredients for both batches simultaneously and then combine them both together. That means you should be working with four bowls.

Mix soy milk and vinegar and set aside. Combine all the dry ingredients for both batters in two separate bowls. In two more bowls, combine all wet ingredients adding the soy milk mixture last. Mix the wet and dry for the Kahlua batter until there aren’t an noticeable lumps. Divide between the 12 cups. Then mix wet and dry for the creme mixture and fill the cups the remaining 3/4 full.

Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a rack completely.

For the frosting, beat the Earth Balance until smooth. Add the Kahlua and vodka and beat until fully combined. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat until smooth again. Add more powdered sugar as necessary. A note on this, I used the soy free Earth Balance which is not as dense as the regular stuff so I used 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, I imagine only 1 cup will be needed though normally. Also, double the recipe if you want to pipe the frosting.

Eat these suckers (but don’t eat too many)!

:hmm:, like vegan, dislike alcohol, maybe do just NA vegan cupcakes:)

I've got some vanilla stoli that would be yummy in cupcakes. Thanks for the recipe.

Yeah, you should try it. I've not try it yet. I just found it from vegan community on livejournal. :)

I'll put it on my baking list. I love to bake.

:D
who will be baking/cooking on Thanksgiving? Anyone for Tofurkey?

Karissa, It sound good to me. I would love to try taste but i can't drink alcohol during pregnant. :( White Russian is my favorite drinking. This is interesting recipe to try taste cupcake. Thank you for sharing. I will copy and paste into my recipe document. My sister in the law's favorite drink White Russian. I bet she will love to try taste vegan White Russian Cupcakes. :)

:D
who will be baking/cooking on Thanksgiving? Anyone for Tofurkey?

My older daughter will be the sole Tofurkey consumer in our household.

My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year, and thank God my younger daughter will be hosting, so I won't be doing too much of the cooking this year.

Although the cupcakes from KarrissaMann seem like something it would be good for me to bake and take along, as my older daughter would like it a lot. :)

well, that's good, seems you get to relax this time! And a birthday too! Will you have cake with candles? Perhaps there will be EXTRA dessert....
that's a good idea to bring along those cupcakes, does everybody bring something?

I help my mom shop and prepare on Thanksgiving. We have small family so it's usually just my parents and my husband. Even when hubbys parents were alive they had their own Thanksgiving thing with his sister and sister's family since hubby and I went there for their Christmas. I often bring a vegan pumpkin pie to the Thanksgiving...my dad has pretty much loves food and my mom likes the vegan pie as well as traditional pie.

:)

Karissa , you know if one could use hemp or almond milk in those cupcakes?

Back