Veditz Will Be Opening A New Free Service, Veditz Answers

Veditz Intern

Reaction score
Hello alldeaf forum,

I'm a RIT student working with a company, Veditz who is on creating the "Khan Academy" for the worldwide deaf community. We are looking for other people to submit contents on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) subjects. This helps for deaf people interested in STEM can get access to tips and answers to the common questions with them delivered in sign language (ASL). It will help to overcome the obstacle that deaf students doesn't get enough support in K-12 and colleges. This can help to prevent more school dropouts.

Veditz answers is free to use and access it.

I have linked a Vimeo about President and Co-Founder of Veditz explaining the Veditz Answers in ASL.

We also need your help too, here's how.

Veditz have six category of the subjects and Veditz plans to add more categories for the questions. It will include life skills, technology, sports and more subjects later. For now, we are focusing on six subjects.

Math (we already have teachers working on this so we don’t need help here)

Physical and Life Sciences

American Sign Language

English and Literature

Computer Programming

Social Sciences

You can create questions under one of six subcategories then create a question. If it gets approved by Veditz, they will let you have one week to create the video of yourself answering the questions. Then provide the word document of the question and the answer to be added with your video at Veditz.

For people who are using mobile only and don’t have a computer.
Record it with the phone then upload it to google drive. Then send the link to me.
For the word document, use google drive and google docs then send it to me too.
The sign up is accessible via phone.

PM me if you want to sign up for Veditz Answers and view more details about it.

Let me know if you have any questions, also you can send me by PM too. Because this forum detected the link to be spam-like.

We can also discuss about the service in here too and I will respond to the questions in this thread.

I have approval from the administrator for this topic.

given veditz fame in our community and what he did
and how long hes been dead
i dont think its much an issue

im curious what ganghis khan has to do with it all though

Tousi,

Veditz is named in honor of George Veditz a pioneer in Deaf education in the USA and the first person filmed demonstrating American Sign Language. Naming the company Veditz is much like Tesla car company naming itself in honor of Nikola Tesla the famous inventor, or the Franklin Mint naming itself to honor Benjamin Franklin.

Tousi,

Veditz is named in honor of George Veditz a pioneer in Deaf education in the USA and the first person filmed demonstrating American Sign Language. Naming the company Veditz is much like Tesla car company naming itself in honor of Nikola Tesla the famous inventor, or the Franklin Mint naming itself to honor Benjamin Franklin.

we know who Veditz was.

its cool your honoring him..

whatds it have to do with ganghis kahn though?

well you posted khan academy...
so im asking whats the relation to ganghis...

:P I've been trying to get Khan Academy among others (Udemy is one...) to caption their videos for at least a year. I've tried to take courses in programming that I'm interested in... no captions and many times no text to go WITH the video.

So hope this goes further.. but still.. caption videos from hearing people!

slick site,
some heavy hitters on there.
not all are hearies
so is it just the idea re khan academy or is their more involvement?

as for khan academy
ganghis would be proud

More involvement, Veditz plan to add more subjects including other subjects, life skills, etc.

It receive inputs and videos from the deaf community.

More involvement, Veditz plan to add more subjects including other subjects, life skills, etc.

It receive inputs and videos from the deaf community.
I think Hoichi was actually asking if you are associated with Khan, or just using their idea and model.

Just got this in an email from my local deaf school

Imagine a world where 100% of Deaf people around the globe have access to education in their country's primary sign language. That goal is not an easy one, however it is obtainable. Today our community takes an innovative step towards that goal as it’s my pleasure to announce a new global initiative, Veditz.org. Our mission is to put an end to the social injustice where only 2% of the Deaf have access to education in sign language, by offering our community worldwide the first mobile, on-demand and live interactive video chat tutoring and practice platform for the Deaf and others learning a sign language. The platform will be accessible on Android and Apple based mobile phones & tablet devices as well as on any computer or laptop.

As President and co-Founder of Veditz.org, and also having the privilege to serve as President of the American Sign Language Teachers Association (ASLTA), I co-Founded Veditz to promote the increased access, learning, practice and mastery of sign languages. Veditz will be Free for students to practice a sign language with other students located anywhere, anytime. Veditz will also offer optional paid tutoring on sign languages and other education subjects, such as mathematics, by professionally certificated sign language teachers.

Arlene Garcia Gunderson
President and Co-Founder Veditz.org

Back