Vco Devices?

SummerP

Reaction score
Do any of the VCO/VRS services still provide videophones that don't use a phone or computer, and don't need a tv? Like, they come with their own screen? If yes, when using VCO on them, can I still hear the other person talking? I mostly rely on the interpreting but I like to be able to hear the other person as well.

Thank you in advance. :)

I THINK ZVRS does have/allow VCO... Will find out if/when I get the standalone Z70. No idea on the other two- both do have a standalone device but don't know about the VCO part (Sorenson and Purple). Actually, yes ZVRS does, Radioman mentioned that in one of his posts not long ago in the Z70 thread on this forum.

Yes Sorenson nTouch on any iPad or some tablets or Surface Pro if that what you are looking for.

Last edited:
the vco option is there in z70 , it got a built in microphone and the terp got some kind of profile on us knowing who uses vco and they always ask if i want vco. i noticed they can tell the difference between me and my wife that i use vco and wife doesnt.. sorenson ntouch has vco but the terps are very clueless at times. both z and sorenson is all built in microphone use. the old z20 was VERRRRRY vco freindly. you could just pick up the handset and talk right away. the new z70 has option for vco handset and you are reponsible for getting your own handset/headset.

Thanks Radioman. I've found that Sorenson nTouch on the PC is not exactly VCO friendly. I can do it but I can never hear the other person and that kind of throws me off a little even though I'm ok with just sign.

Still waiting to hear back from ZVRS person...guess she's away for the holiday...

ok -- i get your point .. the pc is somewhat delayed ad the microphone on most pcs is omnidirectional so it can be pretty echoy or delayed. I plan to start ordering a few handsets to see if it compatible with z70, but im hoping to see if there is a zvrs rep at the deaf nation in las vegas and grill them about it. i cant be the only one who wants vco handsets for z70, or mayb the others gave up easily like most of us does.

I rarely use nTouch on PC. Most of the time I use it on either iPhone or tablet since it work better. If you have high end PC which is doable to use VCO.

Ahh this PC is about 5ish years old now and not exactly high end (somewhere in the middle maybe). I recently put the hardwire ethernet back into the router to my PC so we'll see.

If you remember raidoman, ask about DAI cords for the Z70. That's what I use as a "headset" and it works awesomely on my PC. I have a shorter one I use mainly for my phone (my music lol). Going to be fun unplugging/plugging between PC and Z70 (if I ever get it).

Back