Valves

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well since it was warm out (60's) I decided to tackle a project since I didn't want to pay the stealerships. I tore my motor down and adjusted the valves in my 08 Honda Fit Sport. It has been lacking power for some time and dying on cold mornings... yep some were too loose and others were too tight. Has more power than it ever had since Ive owned it and I'm amazed ! The coil pack bolts were seized and snapped off so I had to drill all 4 out and replace with bolts and nuts. Replace the factory plugs as well... wow this car was neglected by the original owner, the plugs were shot as well. Amazingly the motor is super clean inside due to synsetic motor oils, Battery is old (2013) but still ticking but also has some swelling so will probly replace that this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_6020.JPG
    IMG_6020.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6024.JPG
    IMG_6024.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6025.JPG
    IMG_6025.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6027.JPG
    IMG_6027.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6028.JPG
    IMG_6028.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6030.JPG
    IMG_6030.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6033.JPG
    IMG_6033.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 13
You may be surprised many don't maintain their cars to save money. Some thinks they don't need this and that. Good thing the motor is super clean. You should own a shop and be a mechanic for AD... ;)

You may be surprised many don't maintain their cars to save money. Some thinks they don't need this and that. Good thing the motor is super clean. You should own a shop and be a mechanic for AD... ;)
I used to build street and strip rods, but since my spinal injuries I just cant do it anymore. These past 2 nights just from leaning over the Honda for 2 hours are killing me, even the pain pills aren't helping... it just sucks, although I love wrenching my back just cant handle it anymore.

I used to build street and strip rods, but since my spinal injuries I just cant do it anymore. These past 2 nights just from leaning over the Honda for 2 hours are killing me, even the pain pills aren't helping... it just sucks, although I love wrenching my back just cant handle it anymore.

Yes I see what you mean. I see a lot of worn out bodies from co workers which some retired early. Years of hard work wears down your body especially the back and joints (arm, shoulder, knee). Once we get older, the more fragile our body gets after years of hard work.

what current mileage? Spark plugs looks normal, just aged (yellowish on the stem of the spark plug). Battery need to replace.

Well since it was warm out (60's) I decided to tackle a project since I didn't want to pay the stealerships. I tore my motor down and adjusted the valves in my 08 Honda Fit Sport. It has been lacking power for some time and dying on cold mornings... yep some were too loose and others were too tight. Has more power than it ever had since Ive owned it and I'm amazed ! The coil pack bolts were seized and snapped off so I had to drill all 4 out and replace with bolts and nuts. Replace the factory plugs as well... wow this car was neglected by the original owner, the plugs were shot as well. Amazingly the motor is super clean inside due to synsetic motor oils, Battery is old (2013) but still ticking but also has some swelling so will probly replace that this spring.

You mean synthetic oil? Dang, they may as well pour gold, it costs that much. Lol

what current mileage? Spark plugs looks normal, just aged (yellowish on the stem of the spark plug). Battery need to replace.
The electrode was worn, the gap was more than doubled. It currently sits with 186K. Doesn't smoke or leak anything, super clean motor and engine bay. Tried to post pics but keep getting too big message trying to upload them from the iPhone?

^ only if its a shadetree mechanic.... Ive never had a problem with any Chevy 350 motor Ive built.

The electrode was worn, the gap was more than doubled. It currently sits with 186K. Doesn't smoke or leak anything, super clean motor and engine bay. Tried to post pics but keep getting too big message trying to upload them from the iPhone?
Wide gaps in spark plug tips sound like long time and never changed since new car, just thought. They (worn spark plugs) can destroy ignition coils very easy.

Run around $45 and up for small engines, $70 and up for meduim-large engines. Almost all newer vehicles requires full synthetic or synthetic blend oil.
Yep, its not cheap but it sure keeps the engine cleaner than old dino.

Back