Valentine's Day

GeiShAutUm

Reaction score
What are your plans on Valentine's Day?

I usually don't celebrate much. This year we had a trip to Florida we just got back from, 2 birthdays last week and one more before V-day. Maybe we'll go out to dinner or something, but it's just too busy.

No, Idea..I was supposed to go see my bf but it's too much $ to go there..so he's coming here. He wanted to go to a concert but I don't know the music so I definitely wouldn't enjoy myself since I'd have no idea what they're singing about. Plus it's country...I'm not a fan of country music.

BIG HUG to that wonderful babe in Pittsburgh who learned me sign language. Best person in the world.

Nothing. I hate Valentine so much. It's my nightmare holiday.

Gonna buy a lot of Valentine Cards this year....and hope to get some chocolates too...my boys are pretty big on this Day...especially with their girl friends.

BIG HUG to that wonderful babe in Pittsburgh who learned me sign language. Best person in the world.

I wish! My hearing bf asked me today for ME to google him some pages about severe profound deafness! We've been official since dec and seeing each ther since October/november ish.. Is it just me or should this have been done by HIM awhile ago? -_-

Wirelessly posted

Spend my second Valentine's day with mio amor looking forward to this day :)

Guess what? candybrowneyes would be my valentine soon! :) Lol

I'm still waiting for this certain someone to ask me....I keep giving hints, but he's just not picking them up. If he doesn't ask me, I'll spend it alone watching movies that'll make me cry and eating chocolates. :p *dramatic much? hahaha no seriously I have no plans. I hate this holiday this year.

Mrs MA actually wants one of these:

79954d1328545043-pizza-pizza-heart-shaped-12-pizza-two-toppings-9-99-feb-6-20-3.jpg

I was going to go to a quality butcher and get some really nice meat and home cook a nice meal with a good bottle of wine :laugh2:

Absolutely nothing. It was a Roman pagan holiday.

I have a bad flashback of Latin lessons on the origin of so-called "Valentine Day"... based on a Roman pagan holiday. For example, Julius Caesar (so-called "expert lawyer"...) was said to dress up in "pretend-up" woman dressing, and spied on women who celebrate the very ancient ritual. (or was that Saturnalia festivial, a pagan holiday which eventually became Christmas?).

I think the word "February" is derived from this pagan period, not sure.

Back