Vacation 2008

My vacation for 2008, is doing farm work experiences for 2 - 6 weeks as part of my university course work.

California >two weeks

Vermont > One week

Martha Vinyard > One week maybe bring my travel trailer will have on the boat to across?

Maine> weekend

Cape Cod> two to three weeks or one month?

and

Maybe Florida DW> less 2 weeks??

:D

WOW! That's a lot of vacations! I bet you have been saved up the money! Pay us? :giggle:

OOOO I wanna go to WDW! Someday we'll take our kiddo there!

California >two weeks

Vermont > One week

Martha Vinyard > One week maybe bring my travel trailer will have on the boat to across?

Maine> weekend

Cape Cod> two to three weeks or one month?

and

Maybe Florida DW> less 2 weeks??

:D

Oh okay, i understand...
well, as for terp conferences..is that an requirement that you have to
go to them? If that so, you could claim that on your income tax, ya
know? If not, why go and waste your money? lol! but of course, thats
your business! No, i dont think i would call them "vacations"..heh!

As for going to family reunions and out of town trips, well, yeah i would
call that vacations myself! I went to Okla in November to visit my son,
daughter in law and grandkids, friends for almost 4 weeks...so yeah, that
is my vacation. I would have stayed thru after Christmas but my husband
was complaining to me in emails that he was not feeling right..so i had to
fly home sooner than expected, it was weird cuz it was that very same
day i arrived at the airport that he had that heart episode and was taken
to the hospital!!

I dont know if we will be going on any vacations this year...depends on
Mike's health and all....right now he is going thru some tests to see if
he needs open heart surgery....i pray to God that he wont need the
surgery. If all goes well, He would dearly love to go to Texas to see his
daughter and his grandkids this Spring. I would love that for him as he has
not seen them for almost 2 years!

True, you can consider vacation yourself for break to enjoy when you didn't get paid vacation. You spend something luxury with that money from tax refund. I see why not... It's positive!!! If I live in America then I would think the same as you as well... I would use tax refund for spending some luxury break... like outing trip, etc.

I noticed some small businesses are lock for their week break... I see why not to consider vacation for break or whatever...

True, you can consider vacation yourself for break to enjoy when you didn't get paid vacation. You spend something luxury with that money from tax refund. I see why not... It's positive!!! If I live in America then I would think the same as you as well... I would use tax refund for spending some luxury break... like outing trip, etc.

I noticed some small businesses are lock for their week break... I see why not to consider vacation for break or whatever...

Vacation helps our mental and physical relax. It is a good health for our bodies. This year, I will have more vacation from two jobs which it will help my mental stabilization.

WOW! That's a lot of vacations! I bet you have been saved up the money! Pay us? :giggle:

OOOO I wanna go to WDW! Someday we'll take our kiddo there!

California >two weeks >> staying at mom s home

Vermont > One week>> staying at friend s house

Martha Vinyard > One week maybe bring my travel trailer will have on the boat to across? >>> pay my own money :/

Maine> weekend>> pay camp site

Cape Cod> two to three weeks or one month?>> staying at friend s house

and

Maybe Florida DW> less 2 weeks?? pay my own money :/

We are planning a stay friend and mom s place will be helpful save my money! too ;)

True, you can consider vacation yourself for break to enjoy when you didn't get paid vacation. You spend something luxury with that money from tax refund. I see why not... It's positive!!! If I live in America then I would think the same as you as well... I would use tax refund for spending some luxury break... like outing trip, etc....
Not everyone gets a tax refund. Some Americans actually pay taxes. :)

Yes, we get tax refund when we work to pay taxes. Do you work to pay taxes? If yes, then you can apply for tax refund.

http://www.alldeaf.com/personal-finances/48379-say-hello-tax-2008-a.html#post901340

Yes, I work and pay taxes. Hubby and I both pay state and federal income taxes. Some of our taxes are withheld from our pay. The rest we make monthly payments. We usually pay about $200 per month beyond our withheld amounts. We haven't gotten a refund in about 13 years. :)

Austrlia and New Zealand in September 2008 for one month!

One month for Australia and New Zealand is too short...

My famliy & I went Australia for month vacation in winter 2000/01. Unfortunlately one month is not enough for see everything in Australia.

Which part of Australia, you want to visit?

Yes, I work and pay taxes. Hubby and I both pay state and federal income taxes. Some of our taxes are withheld from our pay. The rest we make monthly payments. We usually pay about $200 per month beyond our withheld amounts. We haven't gotten a refund in about 13 years. :)

Oh I got it... I know some self-employers or business owners have to pay taxes instead of get tax refund... They have to do something add like donate, etc... spendings, .... to reduce tax pay to get some tax refund. I understand now where you come from.

Oh I got it... I know some self-employers or business owners have to pay taxes instead of get tax refund... They have to do something add like donate, etc... spendings, .... to reduce tax pay to get some tax refund. I understand now where you come from.
We deduct business expenses from the gross income amount. We also deduct charitable donations, yes. After all deductions and adjustments we end up owing over $2,000 each year for federal income tax, and a couple hundred for state income tax.

Self-employed people pay double tax because they are paying both the employer and employee portions of Social Security and Medicare.

I am stuck to spend alot of money on your new purple bra and under wears, your husband was complained all of your bras are holes. :eek3:

Ohhh...rats! i cant find my credit card!! :eek:
Did you steal mine, Kalista????? grrrrrrrr!
Oh i better call the credit card people to cut u off so you
dont max me out!!................:ugh3:

Ohhh...rats! i cant find my credit card!! :eek:
Did you steal mine, Kalista????? grrrrrrrr!
Oh i better call the credit card people to cut u off so you
dont max me out!!................:ugh3:

:Ohno: I better hide from you.
hidesbehindsofa.gif

Wow 13 years is a long time..

I'm sure we have at least another 13 years to go. :)

I'm still confused on why you and your husband never got taxes refund, is the job only taken a small amount out?

During my first marriage, sometimes we owe back taxes, but most of the time we get a refund back.

Back