V (television series)

It sucks when Canadians cannot watch shows at Hulu.com which is available for Americans only. :(

It sucks when Canadians cannot watch shows at Hulu.com which is available for Americans only. :(

Tell that to me I cant watch CBC.ca online either esp when I wanna watch Dragon's Den (the Canadian version of Shark Tank) with those billionaires Robert and Kevin.

I know that you couldnt watch it because reason of your ip address lookup. You may bring laptop to enter USA that work to watch it.

Man, I just finally got my hands on the 1983 NBC "V" miniseries and 1984's "V" the Final Battle. I compared both movies with what I remembered from the 2009 "V".

It's been a LONG time since I watched both V movies on NBC with no CC and having watched all 4 episodes of the 2009 ABC "V" series. It's sooo hard to tell which era is the best as ABC's V is on hiatus til March.

I am beginning to think 2009's Erica Evans is more a leader than 1983's Mike Donovan. As for the 5th Column, Martin (1983) totally beats out Ryan (2009) as Martin was more ship-bound than Ryan and was a big asset to the Resistance than Ryan could ever be.

As for the Commander of the V's...It's so hard to decide who was the best..Diana (1983) or Anna (2009). For now, Anna does get the prize because she uses the media to more her advantage than Diana. Hmmm cant wait to see Anna eat a gunea pig then I will see who does it best heh.

Cant wait until March...aauggh!

I'm still interesting... The original is make the human being pregnant. Now, it seem that there is alien girl try to seduce the human boy. I hope to see Star Child come up and see what happen.

Man my prediction was wrong on Lisa...:(

Yeah, it could be the boy who knocks up that alien chick.

However, it could be someone else.

If they were to make it similar to the original V, then it could be someone else.

In the original V, the boy who became a "Friend" (aka Chancellor in the new V) ended up betraying the humans... where the humans tricked him into betraying the Visitors. So, he became alien food. :)

Now, we know it's not alien chick, my thought was wrong and illogical. It's turn out that star child would be that african-american couple. Wow, human lady is going to be freak out when find out about her boyfriend is alien.

Now, we know it's not alien chick, my thought was wrong and illogical. It's turn out that star child would be that african-american couple. Wow, human lady is going to be freak out when find out about her boyfriend is alien.

yeah big time like in old "V" with Brian and Robin. Now it's Ryan and Valerie. Makes me wonder what Val's gonna do with Ryan esp when Ryan is a 5th Columnist eh..

I completed the 4 episode mini-series and I dunno how I feel about it overall. I'm 50/50

Season 1 starts I think around March. I'll prob tune in to the first few episodes. Whether or not I continue to keep up-to-date with the show, is uncertain.

Super late to this thread. Didn't read all the posts but I gotta say that V is my favorite new show of the fall ("Community" being a close second). It's a shame we have to wait until next year to see more. :(

I saw the old series when I was young, with crappy captioning. It was a cool show. Yeah, seeing Diana eat the guinea pig was freaky the first time, but it was awesome.

I flipped out when my hubby informed me that there will be a new series of "V" coming up. I was so excited. It's actually cool to see the modern version. I didn't expect it to be totally like the original series. I actually liked what they did to flip things around to make it somewhat original.

I hate the way ABC and other channels schedule the series. But, I will go with it because "V" is the show I want to see. They better not cancel it or I'd be steaming with a mushroom-shaped nuclear cloud above my head. Hee hee. You can tell that I love sci-fi/fantasy entertainment on tv and in books.

:devil:

I finally caught up with the episodes. I saw the first couple episodes a week after they aired. Then the holidays came and I was too busy with everything. Last week, I managed to watch the rest. Whew!

The second season starts tonight and it looks good :)

Last edited:
yeah baby! I'm looking forward on that tonight! It been a while I think of how that would happen to that bitch queen.

it started off like flash forward...

ooooh maybe thats why the birds are dying we are being invaded by the V
domdomdooooom

Back