Utah State Senator: "Gays are probably the greatest threat to America."

No matter what a person's values or beliefs are, we see that everybody is accountable when they due harm to another's heart in order to sustain their own. I say that cuz sometimes I try to tell other's here (that means Utah, US, AD, and everywhere)- sustain your own heart by helping another's.

The rapture of this coment doen't just reach out to other secular beliefs; maybe it can help all of us love each other. It sucks though when it takes an offensive comment, a bad look, or a person gets hurt, to compell every person to step back and analyze their own biases and arrive at a better place where we ALL are equal.

Growing up in a Pentecostal family, I know all too much how the GLBT bashing is seen as "glorifying God" by trying to make those who are GLBT feel that there is no place in God's arms unless they change...

It's annoying, but I've heard it all before... At home.

Growing up in a Pentecostal family, I know all too much how the GLBT bashing is seen as "glorifying God" by trying to make those who are GLBT feel that there is no place in God's arms unless they change...

How sad.

Are you still living at home?

Actually, yes. But the thing is... I no longer let what they say get me down... and when topics get brought up, I either dodge it with truth or just ignore the conversation...

Like, my mom, for instance... Very traditional, old-fashioned Christian... will say "I wish you'd find you a good girl, settle down, get married, and have a family." I will just reply with "Mom, I'm at school, and guy or girl, right now I really don't need anyone."

There's no way my family could NOT know, yet still they are in denial and praying that God will change me... Which pisses me off because I am where God wants me to be, otherwise He'd never let me go through the things I've been through. Everything happens for a reason.

So, I just be polite and the nice guy I am (although now I am becoming more assertive and no longer passive like I used to be) and just try to be respectful... And if they can't see God's Love in my actions, then I question just how they would react if God was one of us... would they still shun Him away because He is "different"?

Actually, yes. But the thing is... I no longer let what they say get me down... and when topics get brought up, I either dodge it with truth or just ignore the conversation...

Like, my mom, for instance... Very traditional, old-fashioned Christian... will say "I wish you'd find you a good girl, settle down, get married, and have a family." I will just reply with "Mom, I'm at school, and guy or girl, right now I really don't need anyone."

There's no way my family could NOT know, yet still they are in denial and praying that God will change me... Which pisses me off because I am where God wants me to be, otherwise He'd never let me go through the things I've been through. Everything happens for a reason.

So, I just be polite and the nice guy I am (although now I am becoming more assertive and no longer passive like I used to be) and just try to be respectful... And if they can't see God's Love in my actions, then I question just how they would react if God was one of us... would they still shun Him away because He is "different"?

I like your answer.

BTW--welcome aboard to AD! :)

That's terrible and yeah, there are bound to be some bad apples out there. Unfortunately, it's an attention catcher because when one sends an outrageous message - that certainly garners a lot of reactions.

By the way, Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

That's terrible and yeah, there are bound to be some bad apples out there. Unfortunately, it's an attention catcher because when one sends an outrageous message - that certainly garners a lot of reactions.

By the way, Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Yea, I think the attention is unnecessary and very immature.

Plus, when it garners reactions, if those of us who are involved follow suit and let it get out of proportion because we're fueling the fire, it only makes it worse... I think we should stand firm on what we believe and agree/disagree with, but not give them the attention they are begging for and fuel their stupidity.

ha they deleted my video

Yeah, I was the one that deleted the video because it is not a proper video that needed to be out in the view. It is repulsive and disturbing.

dont blame me blame hollywood. They didnt do much to help gay peoples image

I like your answer.

BTW--welcome aboard to AD! :)

I like your answer, too. :)

It's really sad to see that many people have to put others in his narrow-minded categories because of gender, race, religion, disability or any personal reason.

In the first place WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

We should follow our own hearts, not others. :)

I like your answer, too. :)

It's really sad to see that many people have to put others in his narrow-minded categories because of gender, race, religion, disability or any personal reason.

In the first place WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

We should follow our own hearts, not others. :)

I agree wholeheartedly...

Unfortunately it's all about power, control, and rank... and who has the most of it...

dont blame me blame hollywood. They didnt do much to help gay peoples image

I'm not blaming you at all. :)

Hollywood may have played a small part in this but the blame is not exactly all on Hollywood's shoulder. The blame falls on the society itself.

Gay or not gay - we are all equal before God.

Back