USPS loses $2 Billion in 2nd Quarter

Some of USPS employers will receive pink slips anytime soon. :Ohno:

So much of the post office losses are because they have to put money into the retirement trust to cover all of their retirees and future retirees retirements. This is being forced on them by the US govt., which is kind of humorous because the US govt. doesn't require this of themselves. The other problem is with each rate increase they lose more and more customers. Before long it will be like PBS, we will have the post office having pledge breaks that we will have to listen to when we go to mail something.

How is it that when the US Government tries to run a business, it loses a heap of money?

They should let Wal-Mart run the USPS :cool2:

How is it that when the US Government tries to run a business, it loses a heap of money?

They should let Wal-Mart run the USPS :cool2:

USPS was success until introduction of e-mail that kill USPS.

ups_usps.jpg

They need cut off all rest hearing who stock the mail. Therefore, deaf can help and speed it up instead waste time blah blah each other to delay few minutes. Winning!

USPS is in exact same path as Kodak, shared the same problem... Today, who is buying chemical based films?

I quit using mail for billing, and golly! much less paper cluttering, and easier, faster with E-bills

I don't see the need of snail mail anymore, just parcels.

Who to blame? Its William H. Gates and Steve Jobs.

USPS is in exact same path as Kodak, shared the same problem... Today, who is buying chemical based films?

I quit using mail for billing, and golly! much less paper cluttering, and easier, faster with E-bills

I don't see the need of snail mail anymore, just parcels.

Who to blame? Its William H. Gates and Steve Jobs.

Same here. I discontinued receiving paper bills, and prefer them electronically. Saves time and trees.

Not surprised, at work, pdf files via email is quickly replacing snail mail and faxes.

Yup, ur right I used PDF. I bought a color laser printer with all in one by brother, I could do double siding scanning into media using PDF format, viola! it could be read pretty much by any kind of machine, even smartphones.

getting paycheck, disability check, the whatever by mail is pointless! Direct deposit since 1986, problem? not even one!

Not surprised, at work, pdf files via email is quickly replacing snail mail and faxes.

Yup, ur right I used PDF. I bought a color laser printer with all in one by brother, I could do double siding scanning into media using PDF format, viola! it could be read pretty much by any kind of machine, even smartphones.

getting paycheck, disability check, the whatever by mail is pointless! Direct deposit since 1986, problem? not even one!
That's true. Internet takes over almost everything. BlockBuster and other rental movie stores are out of business because of internet. Big Box retailers are laying people off because of online shopping. Right now Amazon wants to run its own shipping (drones) for small packages but it's not approved by FAA yet due to safety issues. Only things will never be out of business, big stuffs that are ordered online (especially free shipping) to be shipped to home. That's the job for USPS and UPS. As for magazines and catalogs, they are still in business at USPS. AARP STILL depends on USPS to deliver its mails to old people.

IMO, USPS loses $2 billions because it pays a lot of overtime EVERY DAY since they got rid of 200,000 employees by offering them early retirement incentives ($10,000-$15,000 per person), it offers cheaper rates for parcels (compared to UPS) and it pays higher salary to so MANY managers and CEOs all over USA.

Back