USPS loses $2 Billion in 2nd Quarter

I can't wait for USPS allow to delivery alcoholic.

USPS is in exact same path as Kodak, shared the same problem... Today, who is buying chemical based films?

I quit using mail for billing, and golly! much less paper cluttering, and easier, faster with E-bills

I don't see the need of snail mail anymore, just parcels.

Who to blame? Its William H. Gates and Steve Jobs.

not really. it's the union that's sucking them dry and also they need to improve its process to be more cost-efficient.

I can't wait for USPS allow to delivery alcoholic.

it's not USPS. it's ATF. transporting alcohol across state line via shipping is against the federal law.

Same thing with Kodak, the stockholder refuse allow digital technology, voted down the conversion from chemical imaging to digital imaging in 1992, after that, its done!

Their reason for voting down is that there is little, if not any profit in digital imaging.

Both of them Kodak and USPS got bunch of people that refused the change, and evolve along with technology, so thats consequences for them.

not really. it's the union that's sucking them dry and also they need to improve its process to be more cost-efficient.

Same thing with Kodak, the stockholder refuse allow digital technology, voted down the conversion from chemical imaging to digital imaging in 1992, after that, its done!

Their reason for voting down is that there is little, if not any profit in digital imaging.

Both of them Kodak and USPS got bunch of people that refused the change, and evolve along with technology, so thats consequences for them.

apple-orange. USPS is not in consumer business. USPS has strict regulations that cannot profit or function like corporations. USPS does not answer to board members. USPS already have technology.

so no it's not quite the same thing as Kodak. USPS needs to improve and streamline its process, fix the mess with unions and pensions, and reevaluate its post offices.

What about UPS/FedEx/DHL, will they lose some profit once they make drones delivery successful ?

What about UPS/FedEx/DHL, will they lose some profit once they make drones delivery successful ?

they can use drones if they want to. they have money and resources to do it.

it's not USPS. it's ATF. transporting alcohol across state line via shipping is against the federal law.

Texas is big! I can pick up any alcohol in Texas! It's huge state! :mad2:

FAA still says that commercial drones such as the ones Amazon.com has are too dangerous. If FAA approves it, can you imagine those drones would be all over the places? What would happen when a drone carrying a case of beer or something a little heavy like that has an accident above your head while you are walking? Without air traffic control, it's very unsafe definitely.

A lot of people don't like personal drones with a video camera which violate our privacy rights.

FAA still says that commercial drones such as the ones Amazon.com has are too dangerous. If FAA approves it, can you imagine those drones would be all over the places? What would happen when a drone carrying a case of beer or something a little heavy like that has an accident above your head while you are walking? Without air traffic control, it's very unsafe definitely.

A lot of people don't like personal drones with a video camera which violate our privacy rights.

and need more air traffic controllers to monitor the fly traffic - more expensive than UPS, Fedex and DHL.

FAA still says that commercial drones such as the ones Amazon.com has are too dangerous.
not really. they just have to review it further and give it a thought because it's a new thing.

If FAA approves it, can you imagine those drones would be all over the places? What would happen when a drone carrying a case of beer or something a little heavy like that has an accident above your head while you are walking?
and yet.... you're not concerned about hundreds of airplanes flying all over the places everyday?

Without air traffic control, it's very unsafe definitely.
majority of airports and airfields do not have air traffic controls. unsafe definitely? I strongly disagree.

uh.... the city you live in has hundreds of thousands of cameras. and dozens of spy satellites above you.... and they're complaining about some drones w/ cameras? ridiculous.

not really. they just have to review it further and give it a thought because it's a new thing.
Source?
and yet.... you're not concerned about hundreds of airplanes flying all over the places everyday?
Invalid argument!
majority of airports and airfields do not have air traffic controls. unsafe definitely? I strongly disagree.
Seriously? So what the hell are those?
uh.... the city you live in has hundreds of thousands of cameras. and dozens of spy satellites above you.... and they're complaining about some drones w/ cameras? ridiculous.
Invalid argument!

how exactly is it that you're absolutely so clueless about how government regulation works?

it's really government regulation 101.... for something that's new and legal grey area cuz of new technology... they usually put up regulation/ban pending further reviews for an act to be signed by President into law. only 2 ways they would put up ban quickly - either if innocent people got injured or lobbyists pushed for it.

in this case... some people got injured. another example... in NYC - Lyft was banned because Uber lobbyists pushed NYC to ban it. Lyft's case was then reviewed and eventually its ban was lifted.

Invalid argument!
Seriously? So what the hell are those?
Invalid argument!

yes.... that's what air traffic control looks like...... at major airports..... do you know how many airports we have in America? (over 20,000+) and how many of them are equipped with air traffic control? (only less than 400)

do you know what air traffic control looks like at most airports? when I say most airports - it's probably looks like this... and there's no air traffic control in the pix

small-airport-2656685.jpg

seriously dude.... air traffic control tower for... drones? that's just comical and ridiculous on many levels.

USPS is in exact same path as Kodak, shared the same problem... Today, who is buying chemical based films?

I quit using mail for billing, and golly! much less paper cluttering, and easier, faster with E-bills

I don't see the need of snail mail anymore, just parcels.

Who to blame? Its William H. Gates and Steve Jobs.

:slap: Nothing they do with that, they are just GUI invited. Speak yourself, you quit to use mail then you blamed them? Funny thing they dont invented Email. It's V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai also Robert Ellio who invited internet.

Back