Using mini DV camera as "Go Pro" like camera

purplecatty

Reaction score
I have 720p HD mini DV spy camera and it's about 1/4 size of palm. I bought it in Ebay for $11 cheap. It's not that lightweight. It is encased in alloy metal case which made it kinda heavy. I was thinking about using it as a Helmet Cam (just like Go Pro) but stuck it front of top helmet or on lower front of Motorcycle Windshield. Just simply cut 1 in x 1 in square velcro, peel and stick it back of cam and the "hook" side to windshield or helmet so It'll stick. Also for safety to prevent camera falling out and lost, it have built-in strap holder so I can use it to strap it to frame. Its battery last 2 hours average. It come with camera USB to USB jack and provide your own micro SD memory card up to 32gb. I have 32gb micro SD and I'm sure itll store as much pix I wanted to. :lol:

I can't afford Go Pro myself and thank alot Economic screw up over 10 years :mad2: So Why not go for cheap one tho.

There is similar camera but with IR led around the len for night vision and 1080p HD video. It cost kinda pretty penny, $30 to $40 for it. Downside is that battery is 100 min long ( 1 1/2 hours) comparing to mine 2 hours. It have built in Lithium battery. I believe that you can hack it by cutting off battery and rig it to bigger battery to make camera run all day if you're good with Electronics (I do!).

It is easy to use, just press and hold on/off button until blue/red light lit inside little hole on top back of camera (it's damn bright!!). Then let go and wait it "boot up" and it'll switch to red itself and is ready for recording. To record, you simply click on/off button to record. It'll stay recording until battery runs out. If you want take pictures, simply click Mode and it'll lit blue, to take picture, just click on/off button and it'll snap pic. Last mode is blue/red, if click on/off, it'll record voice (for hearing only!!!) :lol:

It does have Motion Detection record video but I haven't figure it out yet.

Here's the pix what it look like

Catty

Attachments

• minidv camera.JPG
    minidv camera.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 4
Back