University research - cochlear implants and those that are hard of hearing

nugentickner

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a final year product design student and for my final major project I'm looking into the technology that currently exists for those that are profoundly deaf/hard of hearing.

I have a 12 year old brother that has 2 cochlear implants as he was born profoundly deaf.
As you can imagine, there is only so much information and insight that can be gathered from a 12 year old boy whose main interests are hot wheels cars and video games!

I wonder if there are any of you that would be willing to answer a few questions for me/have a quick conversation about your experiences and the benefits of using the existing technology?

all help/ participation would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Tom.

I appreciate that i may have approached this subject a little too formally and in quite a crude fashion and i apologise profusely for that!
My intention was not to hand out a typical bog standard questionnaire, I was actually hoping to gather some personal insights into the use of Cochlear implants and other hearing aid devices as my knowledge on the existing technology only spans as far as what my younger brother is able to tell me!

I'd like to learn more about how people feel about hearing aid equipment and their personal experiences with them, be it positive or negative.
The last thing that i ever intend to do is upset or offend anyone.

Many thanks,
Tom

Tom, what specifically would you like to know since you're coming from curiosity and not a homework assignment?

Back