Unions Vs Right to Work "RTW"

That's why I wouldn't know because I never had experience forcing into an union before.

Oh I see, have you worked at unionized workplace before?

Actually, both part time and full time can join union. In a RTW state...they have a choice to join union or not. Those RTW employees just have a right to work in union jobs but not pay union dues.

The term "right to work", under US law, also refers to the individual right to work at any job without being forced to join or pay money to a union. The Taft-Hartley Act 1947 prohibited unions from requiring that employers dismiss anyone who did not join the union (a practice known as the "closed shop"). In states that agree, though, it allowed unions to collect a fee from non-members, on the theory that the union negotiates collective agreements that benefit non-members. The Act allowed individual states to abolish the union's ability to force non-union employees to pay the union for the privilege of working for their employer. Such state laws are called "Right-to-work laws".

Right to work - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iowa is right to work state, I see. Not sure if I see the difference between those two because I worked both of those types. Maybe it only applies to full time workers.

Back