Unbelievable

Why did you apologize?

Fuzzy

Why did you apologize?

Fuzzy

She mentioned why in her subsequent posts. She said that both she and her friend were taken by surprise at the reaction/action of this woman and could not think of what to do or say as it was a completely new experience so... they defaulted to apologizing.

Not everyone is bold and assertive right off the bat...

I missed that, thanks WDYS!
Indeed that was unbelievably rude :eek2::pissed:
nono_zpswghcjnlu.gif
nono_zpswghcjnlu.gif

Fuzzy
Oh, believe me. No one feels more ashamed than me. I know I should've stood up for my friend and I.

Still, you shouldn't feel ashamed. angry, perhaps, but why ashamed? you did nothing wrong,
and who knows - depending on what kind of a person was the one that bothered you guys, maybe even by removing both of you
from the situation you prevented bad confrontation and aggression.
never you mind you acted out of surprise, what matter is you created peaceful and safe environment for not only you and your friend,
but for everyone.

I asked you 'why' because I though maybe you really felt it is wrong to sign in public, but thankfully you don't believe that.

Do you have any future 'plan of action' in case if this eventually happens again? (hopefully it won't ever!)

Fuzzy

I missed that, thanks WDYS!
Indeed that was unbelievably rude :eek2::pissed:
nono_zpswghcjnlu.gif
nono_zpswghcjnlu.gif

Fuzzy

Still, you shouldn't feel ashamed. angry, perhaps, but why ashamed? you did nothing wrong,
and who knows - depending on what kind of a person was the one that bothered you guys, maybe even by removing both of you
from the situation you prevented bad confrontation and aggression.
never you mind you acted out of surprise, what matter is you created peaceful and safe environment for not only you and your friend,
but for everyone.

I asked you 'why' because I though maybe you really felt it is wrong to sign in public, but thankfully you don't believe that.

Do you have any future 'plan of action' in case if this eventually happens again? (hopefully it won't ever!)

Fuzzy
1) Deaf Ducky explained why, not WDYS
2) Did you read the whole thread? I believe most, if not all, of your questions have already been answered.

That's so rude, you Can just ignore them Since childish People don't deserve attention. All the same you have the right to be upsets about that. Like Bottsini Said you should just tell them "i'm deaf" Or if they don't get it, say "it means I can't hear"

I Would of Personally have gone mad if that happened to me, well i wouldn't react but i Would be fuming!

I really don't think the OP had to explain anything to the jerk anyone with a brain would know they were using ASL .

Last edited:
I can't believe how ignorant the lady was to you! I wish you didn't read her lips.

I can't believe how ignorant the lady was to you! I wish you didn't read her lips.
I was in K mart with my hearing dog once and he had on his working uniform vest , collar and leash in orange and 'Hearing Dog' on 3 places on his vest . A sales woman
much had followed us all over store and trying get my attention , my dog told me someone calling me but I didn't feel like stopping to tell someone he my hearing dog. I finally turned around and asked the saleswoman how long has she been following me , b/c she was right behind me and could see my dog bright orange vest with
'Hearing Dog' in black bold letters . She said I can't bring pets in the store ! I wanted to say I am HOH what is wrong with you ?

I was in K mart with my hearing dog once and he had on his working uniform vest , collar and leash in orange and 'Hearing Dog' on 3 places on his vest . A sales woman
much had followed us all over store and trying get my attention , my dog told me someone calling me but I didn't feel like stopping to tell someone he my hearing dog. I finally turned around and asked the saleswoman how long has she been following me , b/c she was right behind me and could see my dog bright orange vest with
'Hearing Dog' in black bold letters . She said I can't bring pets in the store ! I wanted to say I am HOH what is wrong with you ?
I wish I could :slap: the sales woman for you. Did you have to leave the store after what she said to you?

I know how you feel, I was on the bus (buses are just evil people magnets) and I was signing with some of my hearing friend who where learning. When they didn't know a sign I would say what it meant out loud. I few people got mad about this, saying I was talking about them (random strangers on the bus). I told them I was hoh and use my hand to talk and was teaching my friends. A lot of people got mad that the bus driver had asked me if I could get off at the next stop. I was 2 bus stops away from where I was going. My friends hopped off the bus but I wanted to stay, I was pissed. The sad part was my friends and I were talking about prom.

I wish I could :slap: the sales woman for you. Did you have to leave the store after what she said to you?
No I didn't leave the store , once the saleswoman realize she was in the wrong she left me alone. I wasn't going to leave the store would had to call the police and them they would of had lawsuit . I once told K Mart they were in violation b/c W/C couldn't get around the store b/c there was too much stuff on the floor. K Mart had to pay a settlement for this a few years later . I tried to warn then !

I apologized to Deaf Ducky for mistaking her with WDYS
and I am a she :)
Fuzzy

When I have migraine I feel so dumb
Like an old rotten, ant infested wood stump
My temple is throbbing, my eye is pulsating
My neck is all knots, my twisted belly's aching
Please don't come any closer, my sweetie
as right now I feel dangerously vomit-y..

smiley-sick030.gif

Thanks, guys, for your sympathy! :cuddle:

Fuzzy

Back