UN Official Wants to Prosecute Bush, Rumsfeld for Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the IRA wanted reunification with the Republic of Ireland whereas the Loyalists to the crown wanted to keep Northern Ireland within the United Kingdom........

either way - they came to peace agreement. how can America do it with Al Qaeda when they don't have a nation of their own.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk. Terrorists shouldn't be negotiated, no matter what the trade off may be. The problem is, if you cave in to their demands, they are more than likely to not honour the agreement. Once you give them what they want, they may end up carrying out the threat anyway despite the demands being met.

There's rarely a trade off when it comes to negotiating with the terrorists.

Sorry off topic.

Banjo! I read that book all the time. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie to my Pre-Schoolers.

I just love how you used a children book as an example :giggle:

Remember that the pictures can be censored. Afterall the military doesn't want to be seen in a bad light.....:cool2:
Censored pictures wouldn't be released.

Censored pictures wouldn't be released.

I saw the pictures that were in the link and I believe that there is more to it than that was actually shown.

Censored pictures would never get shown as they don't want to *freak* Americans out.

Remember the coffin picture?

I saw the pictures that were in the link and I believe that there is more to it than that was actually shown.

Censored pictures would never get shown as they don't want to *freak* Americans out.

Remember the coffin picture?
There's nothing I can do about what you believe.

Afterall--do you believe in everything the government tells you?

Afterall--do you believe in everything the government tells you?
No, but I don't think everything the government says is a lie either.

And I believe very little that I read in blogs. :lol:

No, but I don't think everything the government says is a lie either.

And I believe very little that I read in blogs. :lol:

Same here, but it is somethin' else, not blogs. LOL

I don't think UN will make prosecute but in my opinion, terrorists has nothing with Geneva Conventions.

I don't think UN will make prosecute but in my opinion, terrorists has nothing with Geneva Conventions.

you got that right. beside - UN has absolutely NO arresting authority. They'll have to bring their case to War Tribunal Court. All they do is VOICE their complaint/protest. sucks to be you, UN :D

difference is... IRA as terrorist group has a nation of their own - Northern Ireland... which is just like Israel-Palestine. But American's terrorists don't. We're pretty much cherry-picking them on several countries.

exactly Jiro, the IRA were fighting for their land back from the english government(but thats another debate), there's nothing the US can give Al Qaeda but appeasement, and as there is nothing rational within their demands it's never going to happen, and quite rightly so.

you got that right. beside - UN has absolutely NO arresting authority. They'll have to bring their case to War Tribunal Court. All they do is VOICE their complaint/protest. sucks to be you, UN :D

there is not a hope in hell the UN will ask for them to stand trial, they don't have the balls, even if they did, all their red tape will take so long bush will be long gone by then, the UN are nothing but a waste of space, it's idiotic things like this that makes a mockery of the whole organisation(if thats possible these days:roll:)
A powerful organisation would have reacted as it happened, sanctions etc, it's not news, we all know it had been happening but no one reacted, why now? do they seriously think now he's not the president they will manage to bring him before the courts? if they do they are worse than I thought.

move on, it aint gonna happen

there is not a hope in hell the UN will ask for them to stand trial, they don't have the balls, even if they did, all their red tape will take so long bush will be long gone by then, the UN are nothing but a waste of space, it's idiotic things like this that makes a mockery of the whole organisation(if thats possible these days:roll:)
A powerful organisation would have reacted as it happened, sanctions etc, it's not news, we all know it had been happening but no one reacted, why now? do they seriously think now he's not the president they will manage to bring him before the courts? if they do they are worse than I thought.

move on, it aint gonna happen

the best they can do is to have Interpol issuing the arrest warrant - but that's assuming Bush or Dick Cheney flies out of country.

the best they can do is to have Interpol issuing the arrest warrant - but that's assuming Bush or Dick Cheney flies out of country.

and I bet there's no shortage of US citizens willing to buy them their tickets:lol:
but no, it's all irrellevant, it's just one idiot pissing against the wind.

and I bet there's no shortage of US citizens willing to buy them their tickets:lol:
but no, it's all irrellevant, it's just one idiot pissing against the wind.

Then I'll be the idiot bleedin' wet. :lol: I agree that this subject is much ado about nothing, unfortunately. You have to be an American citizen to truly understand how many of our rights are already gone, to live with the feeling that the Constitution is in the trash heap, with the feeling that the Federal Government is making up the laws as they go along, under the guise of "national security." I agree that this thread is much ado about nothing, since Congress has years ago voted to pardon the Bush junta for potential war crimes. We Americans are such pissers for all the care and attention we pay to our own affairs. :(
This link is pretty much sums up my views on the matter...
Can George W. Bush 'Self-Pardon' Himself? | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

By the way, good to see you again, Macian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back