U.S. Launches Airstrike Campaign Against ISIS in Syria

ncff07

Resident Punk Ass
Premium Member
Reaction score
U.S. Launches Airstrike Campaign Against ISIS in Syria
Zeke J Miller @ZekeJMiller 9:45 PM ET

http://time.com/3419906/u-s-launches-airstrike-campaign-against-isis-in-syria/

The strikes were aimed at key targets of the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria

U.S. and allied forces launched airstrikes against Islamist militants in Syria for the first time late Monday, the Pentagon confirmed.

The strikes, which were carried out early Tuesday morning local time, were aimed at key targets of the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), including its base of operations in Raqqa, Syria. “I can confirm that U.S. military and partner nation forces are undertaking military action against [ISIS] terrorists in Syria, using a mix of fighter, bomber and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles,” Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby said in a statement.

“Given that these operations are ongoing, we are not in a position to provide additional details at this time,” Kirby said. “The decision to conduct theses strikes was made earlier today by the U.S. Central Command commander under authorization granted him by the commander in chief. We will provide more details later as operationally appropriate.”

President Barack Obama authorized the military to begin a broad-based aerial campaign against ISIS forces in Iraq and Syria earlier this month, and is working to assemble a global coalition to combat the group, which has seized vast swaths of Iraqi and Syrian territory.

The strikes come a day before Obama is set to travel to New York for a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly.

Did Obama overstepped his authority? If So it could result in impeachment. He did not get congressional approval. So this time Obama has broken the law. He violated the constitution.

Did Obama overstepped his authority? If So it could result in impeachment. He did not get congressional approval. So this time Obama has broken the law. He violated the constitution.

I believe Obama is well within his authority to launch airstrikes against ISIS in Syria. The Congressional approval is not required for this kind of military action.

normally i don't like US military interfering....but in the instance of rampant ISIS frivolous, sports-like thrill of beheading so many innocent people, I think differently....its ABOUT TIME, they NEED to be eradicated.....so flippen' evil!!, IM not talking 'religious or morally evil' just plain unadulteredly evil!! no one have in their right mind have ANY rights to cut peoples heads off.....more disturbing is that they are videoing it and littering it in the internet....Disgusting..sickening....beyond...seen it once its enough to make me really angry at those bastards.....plus i went white in shock yes pale...so sickening...its About time!! they get with it to actually DO something about it......

normally i don't like US military interfering....but in the instance of rampant ISIS frivolous, sports-like thrill of beheading so many innocent people, I think differently....its ABOUT TIME, they NEED to be eradicated.....so flippen' evil!!, IM not talking 'religious or morally evil' just plain unadulteredly evil!! no one have in their right mind have ANY rights to cut peoples heads off.....more disturbing is that they are videoing it and littering it in the internet....Disgusting..sickening....beyond...seen it once its enough to make me really angry at those bastards.....plus i went white in shock yes pale...so sickening...its About time!! they get with it to actually DO something about it......

that's why several Arab nations supported the airstrike

I find it funny about ISIS that they ban math in school. Irony, Islam are one of best and advanced math.

The beheadings is called "Instilling Fear" but its not just ISIS doing it, every little city, town, county...whatever they call that shithole over there is...
They all behead innocent people just to instill fear into the next, but I dont think its that anymore as it is so rampant, I think its more of a "high" just because they think they are so superior to everyone else.
Regardless, if the people would quit cowarding away and fight back, that would all stop... I hope the militaries level that whole contenent.

The beheadings is called "Instilling Fear" but its not just ISIS doing it, every little city, town, county...whatever they call that shithole over there is...
They all behead innocent people just to instill fear into the next, but I dont think its that anymore as it is so rampant, I think its more of a "high" just because they think they are so superior to everyone else.
Regardless, if the people would quit cowarding away and fight back, that would all stop... I hope the militaries level that whole contenent.

kinda reminds you of the time when KKK hanging innocent people were rampant.

kinda reminds you of the time when KKK hanging innocent people were rampant.
Yep, and this is what gets me.

You got all these people getting beheaded or executed.
They just sit there waiting and calm? WTF?
Me, I would put up one hell of a fight going out... Im gonna die? Im taking at least one with me... Im not going to sit there all calm through the whole ordeal. Oh, and convert to islam before they kill me? You all can guess what Im going to say in response to them....yup... FU FU FU 2 and all those other MF standing here with you...lol

I will die fighting, not being a coward to them.... No weapons... yep, Ill bite them like rabid dogs.

it impossible wont resolve worllds destruction it is impossible 2015?

it is worsely later pretty sound look likes ruin of country change grow... it is very alikes influnece to worlds.

Wondering, why the long wait for action? It needed to be snuffed out long ago.

If he does nothing, he is passive. If he does something, he broke the law. Which way works better for you? Wrong....or....wrong? It takes a lot more to snuff out a large fire than a small one. If he is breaking the law, feel free to write to your Senator. We need a diversion from all the other crap; let's start an impeachment!

Wondering, why the long wait for action? It needed to be snuffed out long ago.

If he does nothing, he is passive. If he does something, he broke the law. Which way works better for you? Wrong....or....wrong? It takes a lot more to snuff out a large fire than a small one. If he is breaking the law, feel free to write to your Senator. We need a diversion from all the other crap; let's start an impeachment!

They won't listen to me. I see double standard when it theres political bias on democrats. Just like Nixon for example. He only had one friggon scandal and thats watergate! When Bill Clinton lied under oath,lied to congress,lied to the senate and lied to the people. The democrats protected him. But Nixon didn't get any help from republicans. Now Obama has a lot more scandals than Nixon had and not one mention of impeachment towards him.

Back