TX: Wife kicks husband out; he lives in yard

rockin'robin

Reaction score
HOUSTON, TX (KPRC/CNN) - A dispute between a doctor and her husband has a neighborhood up in arms - and police trying to keep the peace. The husband has been forced to live on his front yard for six months.

Sharafat Khan has been sleeping outside his million-dollar home on and off for six months. His fragile state is what has neighbors in his upscale community so worried.

“He’s wearing the same clothing, it’s dirty, he has no bathroom facilities, no shoes,” said neighbor Debbie Scoggins.

Neighbor Laurel Stout is also concerned.

“The weather is starting to get colder,” she said. “He’s very frail. He can’t even walk.”

Khan said the feud with his wife of 32 years has been going on “maybe going on six years.” He said he won’t file for divorce because he needs money.

He said his wife, who is a doctor, kicked him out. She took away his keys and won’t let him in. There are signs posted all over the place instructing people not to feed him or help him.

“She doesn’t want me to have any sort of comfort,” he said.

Khan said it’s simple - he owns this home and half of everything inside. He said he doesn’t feel he should leave and claims his wife won’t file for divorce because she doesn’t want to give up half her fortune.

Police here say they have been called to the residence as many as 30 times in the last six months.

Now, neighbors are getting involved, desperate to help the man who is essentially homeless but who owns half of this mansion.

“Just hoping that we can find help for him.” Scoggins said. “Allowing this to continue is not in the best interest of anyone.”

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30193314/tx-wife-kicks-husband-out-he-lives-in-yard#ixzz3nqDOD2Hz

This can't be legal , I would had said the with wife and give the guy some food and made some phone calls to COA .

:roll: Rich people problems. Guy needs to get a good lawyer. If he really owns half of everything she can't just kick him to the curb.

Should forced his way in or had house on market to sell.

This is Elder Abuse...up to 5 years if convicted of it...and it's beyond me why the Police have not stepped in and arrested this woman....

If they both own the house, then he has a right to live in half of it.

Elder abuse is he old man and she young bit of stuff

Depend what has happen... Otherwise, wife went too far. And the hubby should use his common sense by stay at friends' or family for temp.

This is Elder Abuse...up to 5 years if convicted of it...and it's beyond me why the Police have not stepped in and arrested this woman....

If they both own the house, then he has a right to live in half of it.

I agree with you 100%! I don't understand why the woman had not be arrested yet!

Been times felt like doing it....More to this think insanity fits in somewhere

Texas Man Camps Outside Of His $1.3 Million Mansion After Wife Kicks Him Out

A Seabrook, Texas, man was forced to live on the lawn of his mansion after a dispute with his wife.

Sharafat Khan, 69, has camped out in front of his $1.3 million home for six months after his wife, Shahnaz, 61, threw him out and changed the locks after an argument, KPRC reported.

Khan told the news station he wraps himself in a sheet at night and sleeps on the front porch or in the backyard when he wants privacy. He is not allowed to use the home's bathrooms although he owns half of the property. Police have been unsuccessful in resolving the situation, as they cannot legally force his wife to allow him into the house.

The couple has reportedly been fighting for six years, after Khan was accused of hitting his wife, according to court documents cited by KPRC. Khan said the recent dispute started when he refused to cut ties with some members of his family.

A source close to the couple claimed Khan's wife refuses to file for divorce because she and her husband follow Sharia law, but Khan claims otherwise.

"She doesn't want to hand over half of her fortune," Khan told KPRC.

He says he wants his share of the property but is unable to file for divorce because he does not have access to their money and thus cannot afford a lawyer.

Concerned neighbors have offered their support for Khan by bringing him food and blankets, but his wife reportedly takes them away and has placed signs warning the community against feeding him.

Laurel Stout, who lives across the street from the residence, fears for Khan's life.

"He's very frail, he can't even walk," Stout said. "I'm afraid he is going to to die out here in his yard."

Interpretation of Sharia law is an issue Muslim leaders have struggled to address.

Canadian Muslim leader Dr. David Liepert noted in a blog post for The Huffington Post that Islamic principles stress equality and justice and warns against those who use it to subjugate others.

Concerned neighbors have offered their support for Khan by bringing him food and blankets, but his wife reportedly takes them away and has placed signs warning the community against feeding him.

Laurel Stout, who lives across the street from the residence, fears for Khan's life.

"He's very frail, he can't even walk," Stout said. "I'm afraid he is going to to die out here in his yard."

Interpretation of Sharia law is an issue Muslim leaders have struggled to address.

Canadian Muslim leader Dr. David Liepert noted in a blog post for The Huffington Post that Islamic principles stress equality and justice and warns against those who use it to subjugate others.

"Since faith makes us all subject to a Creator who made everyone alongside us to some absolutely good purpose, that requires us to be good for everyone as well, faith is supposed to make us more equal to each other, and make our society more just," Liepart wrote.

"An objective, honest and historically accurate assessment of Muslim history admits that instead of doing that, 'Sharia law' has been based to exactly the opposite purpose for over a thousand years," he added.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/husband-gets-kicked-out-million-dollar-home

Sharia law is kinda slightly stupid. I thought Texas already banned Sharia law.

Sharia law Is nasty and if he hit her which OK by sharia law then I got certain sympathy with her.sharia law also states mosque puts someone up in situations like this.

Depend what has happen... Otherwise, wife went too far. And the hubby should use his common sense by stay at friends' or family for temp.
He probably doesn't want to leave his property because then the wife's lawyers can claim he abandoned the home and surrendered his right to it.

So what if he doesn't have a key. Take a brick and break one of the windows and get into the house. It's not B&E if he owns the house. It's just what a homeowner might have to do if they're accidentally locked out of the house.

It's kind of weird that the man has no family or friends who could help him get a lawyer. And why doesn't he have access to his money? :hmm:

Sharia law has no standing and isn't binding in the US. In family court situations they might be involved in behind the scenes negotiations and settlements.

So what if he doesn't have a key. Take a brick and break one of the windows and get into the house. It's not B&E if he owns the house. It's just what a homeowner might have to do if they're accidentally locked out of the house.

It's kind of weird that the man has no family or friends who could help him get a lawyer. And why doesn't he have access to his money? :hmm:

I wonder if the guy has some kind of dementia and is unable to help himself . If this was the case you would think someone would helped the guy a long time ago. I can't understand why not one neighbor has taken the guy in and made some calls for him . I would had , I made calls when my 90 yo neighbor said she had no heat in condo and she didn't
know what do .

that speaks reems fact no neighbour take him in or the mosque

Back