Two Weeks Binaural

ecp

Reaction score
image.jpeg I had progressive hearing loss starting from childhood and was profound by college. I wore the Naida III UP from age 22-28 when I got an advanced bionics cochlear implant in my right ear.
The past two years with the cochlear implant have been amazing and since I'd like to get my left ear implanted, and wondered how my left ear would do with amplification, I got a bright blue sparkly softest earmold on earth and got one of my old Naida's programmed just for the 3 frequencies I have measurable hearing and my HA audiologist worked to make the sounds in each ear equal.

The first week, I just noticed that my ear felt plugged. I eventually found out that my CI+HA make a great uneven team. My hearing aid is only amplifying 250 to 500Hz.

So far my experiment has proven successful. I don't wear the hearing aid all day because I spent 2 years without a mold in either ear and it is notice to let the ear breathe.

For people who think that a hearing aid won't provide any benefit because your hearing loss starts at 110dB in the low frequencies, if you want to try it, go for it. My hearing is btwn 110-115 the the lowest 3 frequencies and not measurable above that but music sounds richer,Mir isn't too boomy, it just works.

I love that color blue. I am kind of jealous that ci come in fun colors but hearing aids are boring colors so they can hide better.... anyways very pretty.

I like the red, but I like how ecp has a sold blue. What color are yours jane?

I like the red, but I like how ecp has a sold blue. What color are yours jane?

I only wear one as the other ear has no response. That one is silver as that seemed to be something that will not clash with what else I am wearing.

That makes since I never thought of ci/ha clashing with everyday outfits lol

That makes since I never thought of ci/ha clashing with everyday outfits lol
Since most people don't even notice the hearing aids, I wouldn't care if they clashed with my clothes. I have the blue Phonak ones and clear with blue glitter ear molds.

View attachment 23118 I had progressive hearing loss starting from childhood and was profound by college. I wore the Naida III UP from age 22-28 when I got an advanced bionics cochlear implant in my right ear.
The past two years with the cochlear implant have been amazing and since I'd like to get my left ear implanted, and wondered how my left ear would do with amplification, I got a bright blue sparkly softest earmold on earth and got one of my old Naida's programmed just for the 3 frequencies I have measurable hearing and my HA audiologist worked to make the sounds in each ear equal.

The first week, I just noticed that my ear felt plugged. I eventually found out that my CI+HA make a great uneven team. My hearing aid is only amplifying 250 to 500Hz.

So far my experiment has proven successful. I don't wear the hearing aid all day because I spent 2 years without a mold in either ear and it is notice to let the ear breathe.

For people who think that a hearing aid won't provide any benefit because your hearing loss starts at 110dB in the low frequencies, if you want to try it, go for it. My hearing is btwn 110-115 the the lowest 3 frequencies and not measurable above that but music sounds richer,Mir isn't too boomy, it just works.

Nice blue but you've actually got the Naida III SP not the Naida III UP. SP is not as powerful as the UP.

It is less powerful by 5 dB ear coupler.
So, a MASSIVE difference, those 5 decibels could magically make me hearing,
Nice blue but you've actually got the Naida III SP not the Naida III UP. SP is not as powerful as the UP.

Also they don't make transparent Sky V UPs.majd those sky V UPs,deliver a whopping....exact same amount of amplification as Naida I, III, AND V UPS.

Btw, the state accidentally ordered Naida SP instead of UPs for me but I,couldn't fight because 1.government was paying and
2. When your PTA doesn't even have 4 points on an audiogram, you are too,fucking deaf for hearing aids.
3. My cochlear implant is the best thing I've ever done.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
View attachment 23118 I had progressive hearing loss starting from childhood and was profound by college. I wore the Naida III SP (forgive me angry people everywhere) from age 22-28 when I got an advanced bionics cochlear implant in my right ear. I'm sure I suffered so much from not having 5 decibels of more distorted hearing.

I love that color blue. I am kind of jealous that ci come in fun colors but hearing aids are boring colors so they can hide better.... anyways very pretty.
I wanted a purple hearing aid so my audi got a kid friendly one of the last time , my new hearing is black . I wanted a red or orange one . You could see if you can
get a kid friendly HA the next time they come in cool colors.

My ear mold have to custom made so they won't feedback , I am jealous ! That prettier than black HA . Mine came in boring colors :( .
I hope you get them soon.

Before I discovered the blue ones (had chestnut brown on order but saw the blue on website, it was a new color), I was wondering if I could somehow paint mine blue. LOL

I use tape on mine, so they are blue andress green with blue and green ear molds, my favorite colors hehe

love the earmold! (btw have you heard about the Phonak Naida Link?) if not, check out the news!
https://www.advancedbionics.com/com/en/products/bimodal.html

I just saw something about it a few days ago but I'm not too excited. I'm one of those people who would have qualified for a CI way back before the rules were relaxed. In my unimplanted ear I have 3 frequencies where hearing can be measured. The naida link is "broadband" with superior sound processing etc.
That technology is lost on very profoundly (pure tone averages of 110+ and no speech understanding) people like me. I'm still wearing my old school Naida HA in my left ear with the 3 frequencies amplified just enough to match the loudness of my CI and it is working ok.

I'd rather just go bilateral CIs.

Back