Two people died of toilet stench

If your phone falls in to an outhouse toilet, just let it go!

The picture in the article is far too modernized - this is what they are referring to:

toilet.jpg

So sad!

02_Sanitation.jpeg

Well, firsthand knowledge is...they didnt faint from the stench. They died from Methane Gas !!!!
Any sewer system is full of it and that is why utility workers "blow out" the manholes/sewer systems with a blower for 30 minutes to an hour before the decend into the sewer to do any work. Even when I worked for water division we had to blow out the meter boxes due to methane gas seeping into them from nearby sewer systems. We had methane alarms and meters to take readings as we worked in case the methane level started to rise. If the levels remained high we had to wear a SCBA

Oh my. I would've just left the phone in there. Yuck.

Well, firsthand knowledge is...they didnt faint from the stench. They died from Methane Gas !!!!
Any sewer system is full of it and that is why utility workers "blow out" the manholes/sewer systems with a blower for 30 minutes to an hour before the decend into the sewer to do any work. Even when I worked for water division we had to blow out the meter boxes due to methane gas seeping into them from nearby sewer systems. We had methane alarms and meters to take readings as we worked in case the methane level started to rise. If the levels remained high we had to wear a SCBA

Fascinating piece of information. Never knew that.

Fascinating piece of information. Never knew that.

Yep, so when you see a worker that has a truck parked and they have that big yellow tube off the back of the truck covering a manhole, thats what they are doing, blowing out the manhole with a big blower with fresh air.

it was probably worth their life. south china? shitting in that shit house?

Got to admit, that got me laughing (even though it's sad two people died).

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf. Please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors.

The title of this thread was enough... I didn't even read the article... I just assumed they were in a Taco Bell somewhere... Poor Souls. Either way, what a terrible way to die... In a bathroom... from toilet stench... :ugh:

Sad thing is some people smell that stuff to get high.... :ugh: that's the worst part... :ugh:

The title of this thread was enough... I didn't even read the article... I just assumed they were in a Taco Bell somewhere... Poor Souls. Either way, what a terrible way to die... In a bathroom... from toilet stench... :ugh:

Sad thing is some people smell that stuff to get high.... :ugh: that's the worst part... :ugh:

:laugh2: blaming it on Taco Bell? I refused to open the link. The title was bad enough.

We have all been victim to Taco Hell at one time in our lives or another... :ugh: Mine was years and years ago... Never since then.... :ugh: :barf:

I saw this and was :shock: ??
then I read it and was like eww....:barf:

on a more serious note...so many around the world do not have any or adequate sanitation/toilet facilities.....:(

We have all been victim to Taco Hell at one time in our lives or another... :ugh: Mine was years and years ago... Never since then.... :ugh: :barf:

I only ate Taco Hell a few times and a got veggies taco and did not get sick . This was years ago at least 45 years ago.

Back