Twins born..a decade apart!!

Oh, for a moment... I thought the article was going to say that twins were born 10 years apart.

That's pretty cool! ;) I would imagine it is nice for those twins to have different birthdays - as they're twins, they'll be sharing plenty of other things in life to include looks if they are identical.

If they lived in NY, they'd probably not be in the same grade when they go to school as the cut-off for each year is January 1st.

Still pretty cool for these parents, having one baby born on the first day of the year and another on the last.

I was like Shel too, heh!

First I saw the age - 20 years old! :confused: 10 years old with first twin then 20 years old with second twin.. didn't compute with me until I read the whole article.

I don't think in the final stages of active labor would I want to hold off pushing so my kids could have separate birthdays...but to each their own.
T'is an interesting story though :)

My aunts are twins and they were almost born on different days because the 2nd one had trouble coming out after the first one did and when she finally came out, it was almost midnight. That is according to my mom. They are fraternal twins..one has blonde hair and the other has black hair.

Ahhh the good twin arrives on time, the mischevious wants to arrive fashionably late! LOL!

You know, I can't wait for my nieces to arrive; my sister is having twins in a month.

I know their names but am forbidden to reveal them.

There are some members here that knows my family so I have to keep details about my family under zipped lips.

You know, I can't wait for my nieces to arrive; my sister is having twins in a month.

I know their names but am forbidden to reveal them.

There are some members here that knows my family so I have to keep details about my family under zipped lips.

Will they be identical or fraternal?

Congrats to you and your family for the upcoming arrivals. :)

Ahhh the good twin arrives on time, the mischevious wants to arrive fashionably late! LOL!

Yea, I should ask my mom or grandmother that if their personalities reflected on when they were born. My aunts are now 50 something years old. When I was a kid, one of them moved to Colorado so I never really got to know her very well. That would be interesting to find out. :)

They are fraternal.

She didn't expect twins as they were conceived naturally. You see, before she announced her pregnancy, I just suspected right away she was pregnant and kept asking her "Another baby!"

I'm not the "dropping hints" kind of person, I'm very blunt and say things as they are. My sister knew I would announce her pregnancy before she would announce hers! :lol:

You see I already knew before her first birth that she would have a C-section. Growing up and to this day, we are very close. She had a c-section after a rough labour, I was really restless at home when she was labouring at the hospital. Just knew she wasn't comfortable and would have a c-section, BIL called and announced the birth via c-section. My parents were upset about the idea of my sister being cut open but I was glad for this because I knew how my sister is.

When I caught on to my sister's body shape, I announced "Pregnant!" She laughed and said "NO NO NO!" I kept nodding my head, the next week we drove by a pregnancy clothing store and I pointed to the store; signed to my sister - "For you!" She nodded and said it was SO HARD to hold the news in knowing I catch on to small changes very easily.

Of course, I just had to gloat for a second then I was so thrilled! A few weeks later, she found out through the ultrasound she was expecting twins. Oh my nephew is in cloud nine; he talks to his sisters all the time and they are very responsive to him.

Since my sister is on doctor ordered bed rest as her pregnancy is very high risk - of course I am always thinking of her.

Oh shopping for twin girls is fantastic!! Cashiers always ask "Oh it is for twin girls?" Most of the clothes aren't matching in colour but in similar styles; brown/pink onesies or pink/ivory overalls.

The girls already have their first pair of Uggs from me!!! :giggle:

That's pretty neat.... but Kiddos to her that she was able to hold on to it... I know I wouldn't be able to do that. I have twins sisters... and I always wanted to be a twin... but then I'm glad that I'm not a twin.

okay this might be me being stupid and seeing as I have never had sproglets, I don't know but...If she had a C-section, why would she need to push at all?!

I do think its cool that they are born in different decades (not a decade apart lol) but to have a birthday so close to christmas kinda sucks :(

Back