Twins born..a decade apart!!

Babyblue

Reaction score
This story is awesome. The doctor even asked if they want them to be born on the same day or different days. This is an awesome story!!!!

Twins are last of '09, first of '10
Twins are last of '09, first of '10

Updated: Friday, 01 Jan 2010, 5:50 PM EST
Published : Friday, 01 Jan 2010, 5:50 PM EST

TAMPA - It's a New Year's Juan Velasco and wife Margarita Robles will never forget, because not only did they give Tampa Bay the last baby of 2009, but they also had the first baby of 2010.

Doctor Cathy Lynch delivered the premature identical twins by emergency C-section, and realized it was a minute before midnight.

"And we immediately turned to Miss Robles and her husband and said do you want the babies to have different birthdays? Do you want them to split midnight? And we got an 'absolutely, absolutely'"

Father Juan Velasco says he liked the idea because, "it will be good because they will have different parties you know."

Fifteen seconds after the second twin's birth, Zurina Valentina Vazquez came into the New Year and the new decade, her mom had been holding on for midnight, and Isa Marie Duran had no regrets.

"It was hard, because I felt her coming, but we really wanted a New Year's Baby, so I had to hold her in, and it worked," Vazquez said.

Nurse-midwife Sally Rae Soucy was impressed by the 20-year-old first time mom's courage.

"I said, 'how badly do you want to be the New Year's Baby?' And she goes, "very badly.'"

Asked why she did it, Duran told FOX13, "because I didn't want her to be born in '09, I really didn't, I wanted to start the year off good and happy."

So while you were watching the Times Square ball drop, the race was on at TGH, to deliver that first New Year's baby, which Dr. Lynch says has become something of an addiction for her.

"We've never been big people to go out into the New Year's Eve mess and it just seemed like a much better way to bring in the New Year than to try and see if we could bring in the first baby of the New Year," Lynch said.

This New Years' though was extraordinary Lynch says with 15 deliveries in just a few hours -- five of them after midnight.

At first I thought they were born 10 years apart...lol

LOL.. I can see what you all are saying.. but I think it is awesome that a set of twins that can actually celebrate their birthdays on different days.

Since people always expect them to be the same all the time.. now these two will have their own individual birthdays. even though they are twins and share a lot of things.

I am a twin.... So I find this interesting.

especially Their birthday are on the different year for twin. That is so cool than the different day with the same year. you know?

LOL.. I can see what you all are saying.. but I think it is awesome that a set of twins that can actually celebrate their birthdays on different days.

Since people always expect them to be the same all the time.. now these two will have their own individual birthdays. even though they are twins and share a lot of things.

I am a twin.... So I find this interesting.

Same here. I'm a twin myself.

5369_1190842527949_1134951182_30603588_3342106_n.jpg

My brother and I.. Im the one with the hair combed up to a peak.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.1; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Interesting article, I thought they were born 10 years apart as well. Lol

My twin brother was born after me and two minutes before midnight. My mom said she was really trying to hold out so that we would have different birthdays, but he was in danger of choking on his umbilical cord, so they had to suck him out with a vacuum as quickly as possible. Seems funny now, but I suppose it was scary at the time for my mom.

Man, would have been cool to have separate birthdays. I'm happy (and just a little jealous...) for these twins!

that interesting story!!

mostly mothers always deliver baby on new year eve or new year day whether chose..

my brother also born on new year day 1984 because 2 wks overdue so my mom try to deliver him on December 1983 they now 1984!! That would be explain!

I don't get why it is a decade apart? Isn't a decade 10 years?

I don't get why it is a decade apart? Isn't a decade 10 years?

Heh, I wondered about that too. To be in a different decade, the other twin would have to be born in 2011, right?

No... 2019

Oh, I don't think the OP meant that they were born ten years apart, just that they were born in different decades... But, I think OP got a little overly creative with the thread title. :giggle:

:wave: @ BabyBlue

Back