Turning 40!

stefan2832

Reaction score
I was always a healthy person...ran 2 marathons..never spent a night in hospital..rarely saw a doctor..ect..ect.
Then it happened..3 years ago..I turned 40!. :roll: Since then I have had chicken-pox, 2 operations, spent 8 weeks in hospital, 2 teeth pulled, broke my arm and lost my hearing!!
Maybe just a run of bad luck? But I can't help thinking it's all downhill from here?!:hmm:

Advice welcome..especially from those who have hit the 40 barrier and lived to tell the tale!:lol:

OHHH..u are making me worry! I will turn 40 in a few years! :eek3: I had just finally returned to my old workout routine last year after bieng on hiatus for 4 years (BIG mistake). This summer I just did a complete diet makeover because I realized I can no longer get away with eating the way I used to although my diet wasnt too bad.

Hope it is just a run of bad luck and you will return to your healthy self!

I was always a healthy person...ran 2 marathons..never spent a night in hospital..rarely saw a doctor..ect..ect.
Then it happened..3 years ago..I turned 40!. :roll: Since then I have had chicken-pox, 2 operations, spent 8 weeks in hospital, 2 teeth pulled, broke my arm and lost my hearing!!
Maybe just a run of bad luck? But I can't help thinking it's all downhill from here?!:hmm:

Advice welcome..especially from those who have hit the 40 barrier and lived to tell the tale!:lol:

Nah, It isn't bad luck and it wont get worse for you.

I'm not 40ish yet but I want to say good luck! *that should remove your bad luck :D*

ha i am close to 40. i started going to see doctor lately but they aren't serious YET. I just have to take care of my body and do my best to stay alive. :D

ha i am close to 40. i started going to see doctor lately but they aren't serious YET. I just have to take care of my body and do my best to stay alive. :D

psst, best way to stay away from doctors.. drink plenty plenty of water and eat a lot of vegetables/fruits!

psst, best way to stay away from doctors.. drink plenty plenty of water and eat a lot of vegetables/fruits!

Psst, i do drink plenty of water, eat plenty of veggies & fruits and low work out. BUT aging is something that you can't beat! :shock: So well, I am hooked to doctors. :giggle: nah...

Psst, i do drink plenty of water, eat plenty of veggies & fruits and low work out. BUT aging is something that you can't beat! :shock: So well, I am hooked to doctors. :giggle: nah...

Oh? Did you eat certain kind of herbs to reduce aging? handful of almond a day to reduce aging? plenty vitamin C to reduce aging? Refuse to drink alcohol to reduce aging? :wave: perhap make vegan lotion to reduce aging, too?

:squint: That's true.

some of them that i don't do that often. Ok ok ok i am guilty as charged. I am not like someone who is SO anal about the health freak! Don't you see how food is SO so So good. :giggle: Why avoiding the good food or drink. I only do everything in a good moderation. :D I do eat almonds but it comes with dark chocolate bars, i do eat fruits but comes with ice cream or cereal and go on. Water is the one i can't live with out and it's my water aka gas storage. Without water, i can't function in life.

some of them that i don't do that often. Ok ok ok i am guilty as charged. I am not like someone who is SO anal about the health freak! Don't you see how food is SO so So good. :giggle: Why avoiding the good food or drink. I only do everything in a good moderation. :D I do eat almonds but it comes with dark chocolate bars, i do eat fruits but comes with ice cream or cereal and go on. Water is the one i can't live with out and it's my water aka gas storage. Without water, i can't function in life.

:rofl:

I'm SO anal about health freak! :cool2:

I didn't avoiding good food or drink because vegetables and fruits are good food for me! Yum! I cannot stand chocolate bars or ice cream.

:rofl:

I'm SO anal about health freak! :cool2:

I didn't avoiding good food or drink because vegetables and fruits are good food for me! Yum! I cannot stand chocolate bars or ice cream.

ahhhhhh i see. lol! you are making me into a criminal health person. :giggle: what do you eat on a daily basis? if you dont mind? no coke, no dark chocolate, no marsmallow, no pizza? :shock:

That's not good advice. It is very important to go for a regular checkup especially after 40. A few of my friends caught cancer early because they had regular checkups.

Good moderation is the key. I am starting to do that now with alcohol, white "carbs" (rice, potatoes, and pasta), sugary drinks, and soda.

Good moderation is the key. I am starting to do that now with alcohol, white "carbs" (rice, potatoes, and pasta), sugary drinks, and soda.

yeah you can enjoy both good and bad food and drink. like i always put lots of ice in "yummy" coke (only 6 oz), and try to judge to limit with the food that you can eat everything but be wise and dont force yourself. I really love food and drink to death but control them. :(

I love being in my early 40s! While my health may be dwindling, my wisdom and character not to mention confidence has grown even more :) I wouldnt trade that for anything else :)

I love being in my early 40s! While my health may be dwindling, my wisdom and character not to mention confidence has grown even more :) I wouldnt trade that for anything else :)

I agree about the confidence part! I wish i had that confidence now back in my 20's.

ahhhhhh i see. lol! you are making me into a criminal health person. :giggle: what do you eat on a daily basis? if you dont mind? no coke, no dark chocolate, no marsmallow, no pizza? :shock:

Sure, I dont drink any sodas since I think two years.

I dont like dark chocolate or any chocolate.

Umm last time I ate marsmallow umm I think I was 7yrs old. I'm not soo interested to eat marsmallow. It contain Geltian *sp?* meaning marsmallow contain animal bones.

Yes I eat pizza once awhile but vegan pizza only :D

This morning I ate several strawberries and grapes. Two cup of sunflower seeds (to get over 200 calories and vitamins). I ate vegan cereal with soy milk. I love to eat a lot so that's why I'm taurus the fat ass bull but lucky I'm not that fat :-P

Lunch time, I'll eat handful of almond (for vitamins and calories). Mash potatoes, corns, green peas and banana. Ofc water!

snack, I'll eat umm probably random vegetables or fruit such as left over grapes or kiwi or cooked spinach.

Dinner time, I'll eat steam carrot, caulflower, and brocili. OFC water!

so.. whatcha think about this?

Yes I have plenty of proteins and calories from sunflower seeds, almonds, and plenty veggies.. that should fill up 50 gram of proteins a day..
And no, I do not have to reach 2,000 calories a day. I was researching how people live over 110 years old. They didnt eat meat, low calories, a lot a lot of veggies and fruit. So 1,000 to 1,500 calories a day is good enough for me. No, I dont feel tired or weak.

Sadly, most ppl fill up over 200 grams of proteins a day. That's bad news because it will cause liver problems and else. FYI, meat will not reduce aging. Meat INCREASE aging. If you think chicken legs or any thing from chicken is fine but it isn't fine. it will increase aging anyway.

That's not good advice. It is very important to go for a regular checkup especially after 40. A few of my friends caught cancer early because they had regular checkups.

I know that but I mean stay away from getting med and else.. like this quote "eat apple to stay away from doctors."

Taurus,

wow thanks for sharing this with us. i can see that you do take it seriously what you are eating. That's great you don't feel tired or weak. i know few people who tried it like your method, and they do feel tired. apparently they aren't doing it right. I tried it for one day and couldn't do it. LOL. sorry. I am speechless this one. :o

wow thats intersting about the meat that increase aging. I am going to research this one. I agree that i am not keen on taking medicines too.

so do you go to organic stores?

Back