Turn clocks forward this weekend .

It's going to be in the 40's tomorrow in my area...and a heat wave Sunday - 50! I don't care if we don't see any more snow for the next five years.....

Laura

I saw it could be 50 on Wednesday ! :D I can't wait! I agree I am so sick of winter and snow !

It's the seasons not the hour changing that affects temperature. By that logic why not set the clocks 2 hours forward for even warmer weather?

Let's play nice. What she means is that generally once we get to this point, the weather is about to turn the corner for the better. I'm not interested in Boston breaking any records for snow....

@ Nihilist No kidding ! I know turning the clocking forward will NOT made it warmer out! :roll: We turn our clocks forward around spring time which start on 3/20 . And spring mean the weather could be getting warmer .
One can hope winter will be over soon !

There's something about seeing snow that just makes me cold to my bones. I always hope the warmth returns quicker with the time change but it doesn't. Still, I enjoy seeing the daylight longer....that at least makes it feel like spring.

There's something about seeing snow that just makes me cold to my bones. I always hope the warmth returns quicker with the time change but it doesn't. Still, I enjoy seeing the daylight longer....that at least makes it feel like spring.

Same here , I feel like I am one of those snow globes when I go outside !
I am hoping it will get warmer so the snow will be gone but we have so much I feel that it will never go away. People are really getting tried of shoveling snow.

I know we lose an hour sleep, but it will be lighter later in the evening which is nice. We went to Folsom Lake today and sat out in the sun for a few hours. It was 78º. Sad the lake is so so low though. Hoping the weather reports are correct and we get rain next week.

******Also a good reminder to change your batteries in your smoke alarms.

I changed my clocks and am now in the process of springing forward my sleep. I'm in bed an hour early but may not go to sleep till my normal time.

I use my watch for running. I didn't chsnge the hour back so tomorrow my watch is back to normal lol

I changed my clocks and am now in the process of springing forward my sleep. I'm in bed an hour early but may not go to sleep till my normal time.

Let us know if that worked for you.....does not work for me. My tinnitus was so loud last night it felt like my head was vibrating. Kept me awake all night, only slept maybe an hour. Hoping since we went out today and walked that I will sleep tonight. Marley has no problems sleeping 8-10 hours, I wish I could sleep like a dog.:giggle:

It's crazy how many clocks we have to change.

I will be so happy to change the time one hour ahead so that I can have light during the late afternoon to evening. I don't like going out at night time. I dread the daylight saving time in the Fall as I had to turned the clock back and it was already so dark. I like day time better than at night time.

I will turn the time forward at midnight tonight. I am tickled about day light. Looking forward to that. :cool2:

I lived in a state that didn't do DST until I was in college. I still don't like it and don't understand why it just can't be the time it is...(I get the logistics behind it, but I still think it's stupid)

When I was a kid, thought DST was the time twice a year where some of our tv shows started an hour earlier or later...I had to adjust my after-school tv watching

Only in America do that, because it is political reason! The government are trying to save money for that.

Back