Turkish Sign Language Tutor App

Anar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to tell you about the project I am working on now, and to learn your opinion.

Well, let's start with my story first. I currently live in Northern Cyprus where people speak in Turkish. In one year I managed to learn Turkish to a certain extent and to talk to people but recently I got acquainted with a deaf Cypriot who obviously can't communicate with me though I speak Turkish. I became concerned about this situation and I started learning Turkish Sign Language and practising it with him but despite the fact that my Turkish is mediocre it was still hard to learn it because the majority of the videos on YouTube and learning materials are in advanced Turkish. In addition, it was taking too much time because the learning material is spread all over the internet and you have to look for the alphabet in one place, for numbers in another and for basic phrases in the third place. And then I thought why not to create a mobile app that will teach TSL in both English and Turkish and will combine all necessary learning material from all over the internet ? It became my passion and now every single day I am working on it and learning more and more about Turkish Sign Language, the app will be published in December. I would like to learn your own opinion about this project and if you are looking forward to learning this sign language.

Thanks.

I am glad that someone likes it :)
Well, if you have time and interest you can look at this pdf document which contains some brief information about the app.
Also, if this app goes well I am planning to add a converter option something like BSL/ASL <-> TSL which will allow deaf people to learn other sign languages. Just like we do. Bored of English? Learn French! Bored of French, learn Russian!

Attachments

• Turkish Sign Language Tutor Application.pdf
    810.5 KB · Views: 4
Anar, this is fantastic! I will spread the word! Love the PDF as well.

Back