Tugg vs Towey

Pod1972

Reaction score
This is only educational information, and if you need legal advice then you should consultant with an attorney.

About the case law, "In 1994, a federal court ruled that a state did not satisfy the ADA by providing mental health services to the deaf through interpreters. It ordered the state to provide deaf counselors who could use sign language," according to "Problems in Health Care Law," Eighth Edition, Published by Jones & Bartlett Publishers, 2004, By Robert D. Miller, Rebecca C. Hutton on page 425.

I just want to let deaf community know about this information to ensure deaf rights are still executing. Please, people, who can’t engage deaf’s native language, who are working with deaf people, and who are working in mental health services, get out of there or get educate to engage client’s native language without interpreter. I still bump to people telling me that counselors still can do with deaf via interpreter and I like what?!! They are in obsolete system. Come on, make ADA useful!!!

This is only educational information, and if you need legal advice then you should consultant with an attorney.

About the case law, "In 1994, a federal court ruled that a state did not satisfy the ADA by providing mental health services to the deaf through interpreters. It ordered the state to provide deaf counselors who could use sign language," according to "Problems in Health Care Law," Eighth Edition, Published by Jones & Bartlett Publishers, 2004, By Robert D. Miller, Rebecca C. Hutton on page 425.

I just want to let deaf community know about this information to ensure deaf rights are still executing. Please, people, who can’t engage deaf’s native language, who are working with deaf people, and who are working in mental health services, get out of there or get educate to engage client’s native language without interpreter. I still bump to people telling me that counselors still can do with deaf via interpreter and I like what?!! They are in obsolete system. Come on, make ADA useful!!!

Not interpreter Law , I want o know Thanks

Back