Truck died

Plugged cat dosn't always throw a code. Exact symptoms happened to my brothers truck so we put a fuel pump in it and it ended up being the cat. Egg on my face for not checking.

For late OBD-II vehicles such as 2000 model year, the plugged cat converters will throw codes. I've been diagnosed a 2005 Chevy truck w/5.3L V8 that a customer complaint no power and rough running, codes: P0300 random misfire detected, P0171, P0172, P0174 and P0175 lean/rich. Fuel pressure ok, oil level ok, I noticed fuel trim on Bank 1 (Driver side), were erratic, look like valves on the B1, malfunction. I took it for road test with my Modis Ultra scanner to observe the fuel trim, this vehicle won't go as faster as I accelerate, caught fuel trims in screen of my scanner that B1 was not match to B2 (passenger side). B2 fuel trim normal, return to the station, decide to lean over the cat converter, test it with back pressure gauge, saw my gauge show over 15 psi when snap gas pedal, obviously the cat converter on B1 was bad plugged. Sublet this truck to the muffler shop to replace a new cat. Truck runs a great, no codes return.
For older OBD-I and early OBD-II vehicles will not throw codes when it's plugged cat converters.

Yes, you are right about low fuel level can ruin fuel pump. I don't let any of my vehicles to be running low fuel level. One time I pick up a 2002 Ford T-bird for oil service, noticed fuel gauge was about to be Empty before drive it onto the service bay. After oil service, I move it back on the parking lot. Next day, my manager told me that T-Bird won't start as a customer was so upset when she came to pick up her last night then no start. I told him I saw gas gauge, "Empty"
Then I check it, no start, I grab a carburetor cleaner spray can to shoot it, the engine ran and die. I again grab a gas container to refill it, still no start. I told my service manager, fuel pump. He smile at me for big fuel pump job. Customer learn a lesson.... many times I see the vehicles came in for services with very low fuel level.

We don't have vehicle inspections in SC but we do have free (no deductible, no penalty) glass repair thru our insurance, so whenever we get chips, cracks, or too much pitting, we get new windshields. When my driver's side Jeep window shattered on me, replacing that was also free.

Because of bad road conditions here, we've had new windshields on all our vehicles, several times.

Same in Alabama - road condition is bad and subpar road construction - they use cheap contractors and low quality.

We don't have vehicle inspections in SC but we do have free (no deductible, no penalty) glass repair thru our insurance, so whenever we get chips, cracks, or too much pitting, we get new windshields. When my driver's side Jeep window shattered on me, replacing that was also free.

Because of bad road conditions here, we've had new windshields on all our vehicles, several times.

We have vehicle inspections in Ma. my insurance covered new windshields too , I had to replace it b/c it had a small chip in it. I try to be careful and not park my car under any trees , we have a lot of old trees in my city that drop branches a lot.

Chevy truck? I recall you mentioned it last time. What year? Engine size? Suggest you to spray carburetor cleaner into the throttle, start the engine to see what happens... If it runs then quit that indicates fuel pump. No Check Engine light? Ummm, I guess your truck is pre-OBD-II
2000 Silverado 1500 4.8 Vortek, K&N CAI, straight piped, its OBD and all lights on dash works. Guys ran the tests and its the fuel pump, only 10psi.

2000 Silverado 1500 4.8 Vortek, K&N CAI, straight piped, its OBD and all lights on dash works. Guys ran the tests and its the fuel pump, only 10psi.

Your truck is OBD-II, agree w/ your guys pinpoint faulty fuel pump. Also replace a new fuel filter along with new fuel pump assembly... I believe your truck have codes stored in PCM as history codes/ pending codes with no Service Engine Soon light because you says Straight Piped.

Yep, the breakdown is....
New fuel pump $450
New fuel filter $13
Grand total with labor $750

I remember when I had my first Chevy Blazer, bought it new, but there was something off about the windshield, it kept cracking and breaking and falling away from the seams. After about 5 replacements, the insurance company finally balked at covering the replacements any longer. They were tired of it lol. All that happened over about 3 years. Ended up trading it in, but not because of the windshield. This was about 20 years ago. And never had a problem with future vehicles after that, so I don't think it was our roads, etc.

I remember when I had my first Chevy Blazer, bought it new, but there was something off about the windshield, it kept cracking and breaking and falling away from the seams. After about 5 replacements, the insurance company finally balked at covering the replacements any longer. They were tired of it lol. All that happened over about 3 years. Ended up trading it in, but not because of the windshield. This was about 20 years ago. And never had a problem with future vehicles after that, so I don't think it was our roads, etc.

S10 Blazer? That's odd I've owned a 1988 blazer, a 1989 GMC S15 Jimmy (identical to blazer), and a 2003 Blazer and never had any windshield problems from any of them. Might have been a factory defect. Only problems out of them was a bad transmission in the 1988 but it was covered under warranty for 100% of the repair plus a loaner car.

some used cars have been rebuilt buy the small guys and sold without any prior info to you, and a mis aligned pillar post can cause enough stress to break a window... as well as leave you very vulnerable to injuries in the case of rollovers.
There was a doccumentary on this subject a few years back, such as deployed airbags removed and sold without airbags, and worst. Be cautious buying used and especially from shady places.

I got dual fuel pumps too, yeah ain't cheap!

I did replaced dual fuel pump assemblies in a 2005 Landrover Range Rover I think, is you need to lift the rear seats and flip them over, pull partial carpet, hang it on aside, remove 2 big round covers on both sides, you can see two plastic retainers of fuel pumps on the top of fuel tank. Easy work better than remove fuel tank from under the body. Gas level must be 3/4 or less prior to fuel pump removal or let gas spill. I remember I saw price list on the repair invoice was almost $2K last year. Big money.

S10 Blazer? That's odd I've owned a 1988 blazer, a 1989 GMC S15 Jimmy (identical to blazer), and a 2003 Blazer and never had any windshield problems from any of them. Might have been a factory defect. Only problems out of them was a bad transmission in the 1988 but it was covered under warranty for 100% of the repair plus a loaner car.

I think I saw some cracked windshield windows, thought some rocks or objects hit the windshield windows of GM Blazer/Jimmy. I don't know what it caused the window to be cracking. Wow

rocks, heat, cold...
if you have a small crack, during the winter running the defroster when the glass warms up it will crack all the way across.
Police are starting to enforce the broken windshield fines now....doing everything to generate revenue.

Back