Troopers say man tried to hide license plate to get through tolls

I think that Bay Area has a lot of toll roads to bridges, but I heard that bikers can ride for free. :hmm:
As far as I know the SF Bay Area has no toll roads. HOV lanes yes, toll roads no. All the bridges charge a base toll of $5 and they are trying to raise it to $8. The Bay Bridge toll is $6 during commute times, $5 on weekends and $4 all other times. There is also a $5 addition fee per axle on any vehicle with more than two axles. When the Golden Gate Bridge was built in 1932, the charter said that when the initial bond was paid off the toll would be removed. It never happened and it has steadily gone up since. The GGB also no longer has toll booths, you either have to use a FastTrak or they take a picture of your plate and you have I think 10 days to send in the toll. If your in a HOV vehicle

In CA all cars, passenger trucks and vans are sent two plates: one for the front and one for the back and they must be mounted on the car, although they don't enforce it in many places, but if they pull you over for a plate violation, you have 10 days to get it on your car and get it signed off. Semi's, motorcycles and trailers are sent one plate, with motorcycles and trailers having to mount them on the rear and semi's plate is mounted to the front.

California is slowly getting toll roads that are privately financed as well as HOV lanes, but there isn't many of them. I've driven in the Houston and Dallas/Ft Worth areas and never driven on a toll road. New York State has a fair amount of toll roads and they take it one step further, they time you between toll booths and if you get to the next one too fast you not only pay the toll, but are given a speeding ticket as well.
Kansas has the timing too, I was lucky, first time I ever went and got on a toll road, was late night and I was driving my Street rod, nothing for 100's of miles, no way on or off til next city, so I floored it to see what she would do wide open, I made a 2 hour trip in a little over an hour lol, Got off at the end of the line, Toll guy had me pull over a cop come over ( so I'm wondering why as I paid and all) then the cop asked me if it was my first time traveling there, yes, then he told me what the deal was... he let me go with a warning. On the way home I drove normal on the toll, when I got back on the regular highway to hell, I mean home, I opened it up a bit,.... seen a Trooper and thought, I better stop as I already pushed my luck a few days before. God I miss that car and Building street rods.

Plus it's legal in California for motorcycles to lane split.
Thought I read they were making it legal for bikers to do that now? Sad thing is, Id still run their stupid asses off the road. Had one do it on a side road, scared the shit out of me as I didn't see him anywhere till he flew by my window. Funny thing it he went straight to a sevice station by my house, pulled next to a cop, I pulled in and started on his ass...cops took it from there and I left . ( Dash Cam )

Thought I read they were making it legal for bikers to do that now? Sad thing is, Id still run their stupid asses off the road. Had one do it on a side road, scared the shit out of me as I didn't see him anywhere till he flew by my window. Funny thing it he went straight to a sevice station by my house, pulled next to a cop, I pulled in and started on his ass...cops took it from there and I left . ( Dash Cam )

Yes, they signed into law August 2016 to make it legal but here's the catch:

Quirk's original bill proposed that lane splitting could occur legally only when a motorcycle was moving no more than 15 miles per hour faster than the traffic around it, and it prohibited the practice at speeds above 50 mph.

That's fine with me and look out for motorcycles.

But it can be frustration for drivers with Usher Syndrome, however California has no minimum requirement for visual field to drive for RP/USH until they are legally blind (less than 20 degrees combined).

In here, bikers are very friendly and give gestures, even I saw some of them went over 100 mph on interstate and pass too quickly.

That's fine with me and look out for motorcycles.

But it can be frustration for drivers with Usher Syndrome, however California has no minimum requirement for visual field to drive for RP/USH until they are legally blind (less than 20 degrees combined).

In here, bikers are very friendly and give gestures, even I saw some of them went over 100 mph on interstate and pass too quickly.
I'm very friendly and give gestures too...lol

lol... bikers never flipping the bird at me but it was from some angry drivers in caged cars.

I flipped the bird at driver in old red truck but he pulled the gun at me, then run away really fast, but I'm glad that I didn't die or got in accident.

Whaaaat? Lane split? I am not aware the law passed. I can't deal with motorcyclists in CA. I usually honk at them to get out of my way. If you plan to visit Palomar mountain to see Palomar Obsevatory, the steep and curve road is very popular for motorcyclists. I get nervous every time I go there.

Like this idiot
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Guy in car flew up on black car, and stayed on his ass, then he got brake checked which cause a chain reaction to the motorcyclist to hit... but the biker should know better than to ride someones ass anyways.

The worst accident I ever saw was a guy on a Harley who rear ended a Lincoln Continental on a residential street. The police and witnesses said the Harley was doing at least 100 mph when he hit the car. He and the bike went through the trunk and he and the bike were lodged in the passenger compartment of the car. The driver of the car was taken away by ambulance, the motorcyclist was DOA and they couldn't get his body out of the wreckage so they tarped the car with the bike and his body, put it on a flatbed and took it to a wrecking yard to cut the bike and victim out of the car. I would not believe it could happen if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! They don't call them donorcycles for nothing!

The worst accident I ever saw was a guy on a Harley who rear ended a Lincoln Continental on a residential street. The police and witnesses said the Harley was doing at least 100 mph when he hit the car. He and the bike went through the trunk and he and the bike were lodged in the passenger compartment of the car. The driver of the car was taken away by ambulance, the motorcyclist was DOA and they couldn't get his body out of the wreckage so they tarped the car with the bike and his body, put it on a flatbed and took it to a wrecking yard to cut the bike and victim out of the car. I would not believe it could happen if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! They don't call them donorcycles for nothing!
Ive never been the cause of an accident, But I have been hit 3 times on Bikes due to idiots not paying attention. One was a drunk hit and run, landed me in the hospital for 6-1/2 hours reconstructive surgery, no pain killers and wide awake through the whole surgery....That hurt.

Ive never been the cause of an accident, But I have been hit 3 times on Bikes due to idiots not paying attention. One was a drunk hit and run, landed me in the hospital for 6-1/2 hours reconstructive surgery, no pain killers and wide awake through the whole surgery....That hurt.

Oh wow... ouch, sorry to hear. Are you traumatized when see bikers on road?

Whaaaat? Lane split? I am not aware the law passed. I can't deal with motorcyclists in CA. I usually honk at them to get out of my way. If you plan to visit Palomar mountain to see Palomar Obsevatory, the steep and curve road is very popular for motorcyclists. I get nervous every time I go there.

I looked up... seems like California is the only state that is legal... Texas appears to be working on making it legal (among several states but have not make law yet).

USA_lane_splitting_legality.png

US lane splitting law map (April 2014) showing variations in laws. Legal: green. Illegal: black and red (legalizing bills filed). No law: orange and yellow (legalizing bills filed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_splitting

More info: http://lanesplittingislegal.com

Last edited:
Oh wow... ouch, sorry to hear. Are you traumatized when see bikers on road?
No, but after I bought my new HD XL1200C Custom in 2005, I told it in 2007 after a young girl pulled out in front of me ( her from a lot, me doing highway speeds on a 4 lane split) I had to lock up and luckily all the years of riding and BMX experiences I avoided her, but I laid into her as she seen me, made direct eye contact them pulled out when I was about 50 feet and stopped. Yeah that shook me up a bit as it was really close, I went to the dealer the next day and sold it back to them. Wish I kept it now, but now with my neck and back it would be hard on me.

Back