Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepytaz

Reaction score
I saw in thread: Do God Have an Emotion? http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity-religion-spiritual-other-beliefs/49552-do-god-have-emotion.html

When a topic was switched to discuss Trinity before it was shifted back on topic discussion. I had few thoughts that I would like to throw in in the defination of Trinity.

So far, I was not able to find other thread related to Trinity, but if there is such a thread, Mods, please merge this with that thread, thanks!

Now... following few quotes as follows:
Okay let me ask you this...it's in regards to Jesus' being the Father (the Almighty Himself). To whom was Jesus praying to prior to the Roman soilders taking him captive? Was he praying to himself??

You could say that in a way, because Jesus is a part of the Trinity relationship along with the Holy Spirit, The Father God, the Son of God.

Then tell me..how many times does the word Trinity appear in the Holy Book?

It doesn't matter how many times it appears. It only needs to appear once.

Here is one verse that refers to more than one part of God

Gen. 1: 26 (NASV)

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the seas and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping things that creeps on the eart."

Are we still on the thread topic of God's emotions?

While Jesus was incarnate on earth, He was 100 percent human and 100 percent God at the same time. Jesus, as God, knew what He would be facing on the cross. Jesus, as man, expressed His agony to His heavenly Father.

The word "Trinity" isn't in the Bible but the concept is.

All 3 major religions of Christianity, Judaism and islam are monotheistic. Basically, they are the same God. They all share both similar and radically different theologies. All of them are Abrahamic religions. The earliest religion is Judaism, then Christianity and thirdly, Islam.

The God of Christianity is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the name Holy Trinity. It is still monotheistic because it is one Being containing three persons. That's why we call him the God rather than Gods.

So then the Trinity is not a Biblical fact but a human conception? I mean I've read the Big Book from cover-to-cover (The Living Bible Translation) and I never saw the word Trinity in any page. I remember reading once that some years after the death of Christ that some Catholic hierarchy changed things around in the Bible destroying its original message and purpose. And that such a committee of men created the concept of the Trinity and convinced followers that such a concept was in fact the truth- a scriptural reality. Isn't this so?

How convenience to ignore my posting of the verse I provided which proves the Trinity of God.
No, that's not it at all.

The Triune Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is a Biblical fact. The English word "trinity" isn't in the Bible but for that matter, there are no English words in the original text.

I'm sure there were many words you didn't see in that translation.

No.

First of all, that's a rather vague statement without citations and specifics. (I know you can find them if you look.)

Secondly, not everyone uses the Catholic version of the Bible. Not everyone is a Catholic. I use the KJV, without the Apocrypha.

Finally, what is our point? I know that attacking the doctrine of the Trinity is as old as the hills and as common as the dirt in them ther' hills but other than that, what point is it that you are trying to make?

My opinion, the best defination of Trinity would be from John 1BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

Jesus the Lamb of God
29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30This is the one I meant when I said, 'A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' 31I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel."
32Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' 34I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."

Jesus is the son of God, the Holy Spirit is like in Dove, and God watching over Jesus being bapitized.

Any thoughts? :) Discuss!

Please stay on topic :)

Last edited:
As how I look at it, in the book of Gen, the concept of Trinity has not yet exist as God had only created the world. It would only be precited that the son of God would be born. The concept of Trintiy only exits when Jesus has been born and been bapisted by John the bapist.

As how I look at it, in the book of Gen, the concept of Trinity has not yet exist as God had only created the world. It would only be precited that the son of God would be born. The concept of Trintiy only exits when Jesus has been born and been bapisted by John the bapist.

If that is the case, why does it say "Us" and "Our" in Genesis 1:26 instead of "me" or "I"? That to me says that there is more than one so therefore it is not only in New Testament but right in beginning.

The Bible does say that God never changes. I believe the "Trinity" has always been there and always will be..

Any thoughts to that?

If that is the case, why does it say "Us" and "Our" in Genesis 1:26 instead of "me" or "I"? That to me says that there is more than one so therefore it is not only in New Testament but right in beginning.

The Bible does say that God never changes. I believe the "Trinity" has always been there and always will be..

Any thoughts to that?

Hmm... us meaning God and the Holy Spirit? Perhaps the Son of God is part of it, but just has not came down on the earth yet? Good thoughts though! :)

Hmm... us meaning God and the Holy Spirit? Perhaps the Son of God is part of it, but just has not came down on the earth yet? Good thoughts though! :)

I take to mean all of them, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit, as stated in John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Word is Jesus, Son of God)

I take to mean all of them, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit, as stated in John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Word is Jesus, Son of God)

hmm alrighty

No I do NOT think it's repost because it's different titles on both threads. You're doing fine because you got a good title for attention and otherhand Cheri has a good thread for something else too. She gave you link because there is some posts about Trinity there for your information.

Ohh thanks... guess this was a :repost: ? :)

No I do NOT think it's repost because it's different titles on both threads. You're doing fine because you got a good title for attention and otherhand Cheri has a good thread for something else too. She gave you link because there is some posts about Trinity there for your information.

Right, Sunshine. :ty:

Delve Into Jesus : Articles : Pray to Whom? Father, Son or Holy Spirit?

Article Summary
Each person of the Trinity is fully God and fully worthy to receive your prayer. You may address your prayer to the Son, the Father or the Holy Spirit with confidence depending on how you feel led at that moment.

The Trinity is certainly a difficult concept for anyone to understand. It is a mystery how God can be one God in three persons, so the best we can do is accept what the Bible says about God's nature, even if we don't fully comprehend.

To which person of the Trinity should we pray? Certainly, there is no question that we can pray to God the Father. The Old and New Testaments are filled with examples of prayer to the Father, and Jesus Himself taught us to pray to the Father in Matthew 6:9-13.

There is also no question that we can pray to Jesus. As an example, in Acts 7:59, Stephen prays "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." Jesus told us that we would be able to pray to Him after he had gone to the Father. He said, "...I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:12-14)

The issue with the Holy Spirit is more complicated. There are no examples of anyone praying to the Holy Spirit in the scripture, nor is there any guidance that we should or should not do so. As a person of the Trinity and one who is fully God, there is no obvious reason why we should not pray to the Holy Spirit if we are led to do so. For me personally, I pray to the Holy Spirit whenever I feel stress or unease and I am seeking peace and comfort. I am not sure why I do this, but it seems appropriate.

Having said that, the Holy Spirit does play a special role in interceding for us when we are praying to the Father or to the Son. Many times in the New Testament we are told to pray "in the Spirit." In Ephesians 6:18, Paul tells us "...pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests", while Jude recommends, "...build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit." (Jude 1:20).

Paul gives us some clarification about the role of the Holy Spirit in Romans 8:26. Paul writes, "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

So, although it is perfectly acceptable to pray to the Holy Spirit, scripture suggests that we pray "in the Spirit", which means we permit the Holy Spirt to guide our prayer and give us the right words to say.

There is no right or wrong. You may address your prayer to the Son, the Father or the Holy Spirit with confidence depending on how you feel led at that moment.

Bible Concordance :: Holy Spirit

Bible Concordance / Dictionary
Holy Spirit—one of the three persons of God. In the Old Testament we see the Holy Spirit active in the creation of the world.

Genesis 1:1-2
Psalm 104:30
The Spirit also filled certain people with power at special times.

Numbers 11:16-17
Number 16:24-30
Judges 14:1-6
It is the Holy Spirit that worked through men to produce the Scriptures.

2 Timothy 3:14-17
2 Peter 1:19-21
Because Jesus died and rose to new life, the Holy Spirit now lives in all God's people. He is the One who makes them new, teaches them and gives them freedom for a new life.

John 14:15-31
Acts 2:1-21
Romans 8:1-27
1 Corinthians 2:6-16
Galatians 5:16-26

In my last two previous posts to give you concept of what Trinity is all about. Hope that helps.

Is the Trinity Biblical? -- Grace Bible Church

I do not beleive in Trinity because those word "Trinity" is not found in Scripture. It doesn't say that three person in one God.

I beleive in one God, not 3 in one God.

We all know that the word "Trinity" did not seem to appear in the bible, but if you investigate the scriptures, A Savior has to be sinless just like God, who is sinless like God? There's nobody, God has to be the one being the Savior for us.

If you read the Webster’s dictionary that gives the following definition of trinity: "The union of three divine persons", And in the bible it speaks of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that's how Trinity was brought up.

Bible teaches us with equal emphasis of:

A) There is One God,
B) That's the Father
C) The Son
D) Holy Spirit

So, the three Persons are the same. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back