Trick question

caz

Reaction score
Who makes the most tyres in the world

I have a pretty good guess, and if I'm correct, it's not even for human-sized vehicles.

(Am I correct?)

If so, then I just gave a big hint. ;)

So after making a list of guesses, I too looked it up, and was actually very amazed by the answer.
:jaw:

Intresting answer we all assume a word will mean what it says and it did but at no point did I say rubber or Italy even America or even car

I have a pretty good guess, and if I'm correct, it's not even for human-sized vehicles.

(Am I correct?)

If so, then I just gave a big hint. ;)

They can be used on human type vesels

A bit off topic but this is another illustration of different words for the same object in different versions of English around the world.

Caz wrote tyres. Most of us in the USA would write tires. Both of which are put on vehicle wheels.

I would have thought everybody reading Caz's post would know that the British spell tires as tyres, and if they didn't know that they would look up the meaning of that spelling if at all interested.

I think now we all know what Caz is talking about.

So still waiting for answer to her trick question.

A bit off topic but this is another illustration of different words for the same object in different versions of English around the world.

Caz wrote tyres. Most of us in the USA would write tires. Both of which are put on vehicle wheels.

I would have thought everybody reading Caz's post would know that the British spell tires as tyres, and if they didn't know that they would look up the meaning of that spelling if at all interested.

I made NO mention of not knowing the meaning. I was just commenting that the different spelling and different words used is interesting! Why did any of you take it that I didn't know that and what caz is talking about??????????

I made NO mention of not knowing the meaning. I was just commenting that the different spelling and different words used is interesting! Why did any of you take it that I didn't know that and what caz is talking about??????????

Past history? :cool2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre

I looked up 'tyres' to see if the word meant anything beside 'tires' and it does . I knew it meant tires but I wanted see what else it could mean .

I got the same as you Annie when I googled so pretty sure your answer is the correct one. :)

Yes it is interesting that the same "word" is spelled differently in different parts of the world but not sure what the point of pointing that out was as all of us know that Caz is in the UK (as well as a few others who use/follow the British English) and others are in the US. Plus tyre/tire is one of the more common ones that many people know the world over.

Now of you want to talk about 'interesting' differences-- the British word for the US term of cigarette is an interesting one (learned about that one a few years ago).

Now of you want to talk about 'interesting' differences-- the British word for the US term of cigarette is an interesting one (learned about that one a few years ago).

The one the caz used before she gave them up?

The one the caz used before she gave them up?
Probably as I can't remember lol.

Fag is ciggies in Britain (not sure about the rest of the UK) while here in the US it's a derogatory term for LGB people.

Probably as I can't remember lol.

Fag is ciggies in Britain (not sure about the rest of the UK) while here in the US it's a derogatory term for LGB people.

Yep, that's what caz craves, a fag. Hope she's strong enough to resist.
Probably isn't helping that we're talking about them in her thread. :hmm:

Yep, that's what caz craves, a fag. Hope she's strong enough to resist.
Probably isn't helping that we're talking about them in her thread. :hmm:

:giggle:

....and they smoke fags way too much over there. It may be better now, the last time I was there about 10 years ago, I was nauseous all the time from the smoke. There were hardly any designated places, if you asked for no smoking area in a restaurant, well it would be....if they aren't smoking at your table that's no smoking, ugh,ugh!

Back