Trains and Vibrations...

rockin'robin

Reaction score
I just read about a 59 yr. old man from Lexington, SC, walking on the train tracks...and was killed..The story said he was born deaf or had been deaf all his life...But!...Surely, he could have felt the train's vibrations?...and got out of the way?....

Hearing people are hit all the time while trespassing on tracks. Many do not hear the trains’ horns because they’re listening to music. Obviously they don’t feel the vibrations or are clueless to what they’re feeling.

Plus, I don’t think any of us would feel the vibration until the train is too close for us to get out of the way.

BTW, he may have stared to get out of the way and was hit by the side of the train.

I have read of a number of times where they are on a trestle so there is no ground beside them to step off on.

I used to live in a House that was across the road from the RR Tracks....a good 100 feet from the House..and still could feel the vibes whenever it passed, especially at night....People do get killed trying to drive over the tracks when a train is coming and mis-underestimate the speed of the train...Some just sit on the tracks in a traffic jam and the train's arms go down and they cannot get out....So I was wondering if alcohol or drugs might have had something to do with the man getting killed?..Maybe not....Just a horrible way to die.

Sober people trespass on tracks all the time and some of them pay for the error with their lives.

Back