Traded

UlBUMUmdQrirCtsjK8mw_8.gif
Id hire a guy to strap to the roof and do that....lol

Well I was losing 5qts oil every 3rd fill up and bad pinging, pickup to accelerate. Wasn't smoking or leaking...Turned out to be a bad plenum gasket so pull the top of the motor last month while I was banned and had nothing better to do until I could stir the pot again for whatever reason it was?
Last owner did some shady shit.... all fixed now. Better MPG, no pinging and it scoots ! also its still full of oil. a lot of my pictures were too large to load? ah well.IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2791.JPG

Ahhh happy motor. :) Don't you love it when you find out the last guy held everything together with high temp and baling wire.

Although I have to say I did a plenum and head gaskets on my moms car a few years ago and apparently forgot to put the guts back in the PCV valve. It came back with plugs so fouled I have no idea how it ran. I've never done anything like that before and it shocked me so I searched my shop and never did find the old one. Still a mystery.

Ahhh happy motor. :) Don't you love it when you find out the last guy held everything together with high temp and baling wire.

Although I have to say I did a plenum and head gaskets on my moms car a few years ago and apparently forgot to put the guts back in the PCV valve. It came back with plugs so fouled I have no idea how it ran. I've never done anything like that before and it shocked me so I searched my shop and never did find the old one. Still a mystery.
Yep, it never fails. Wish the other pictures weren't so damn big, don't know why they all come off the iPhone, some work some don't? Anyways Ill play with them a bit today and reduce them. I need to get a few more pictures since I recently put new socks n shoes on all 4 corners. So its sitting a little higher and a better stance. She's waiting for the snow now.
When I changed the plugs they were so fouled and the last guy had different brands of spark plugs in it E3, Champs, NKG and Autolite just mixed n matched, complete idiot in my opinion. I'm running what everyone says is best in these beasts Champion copper cores with new cap, wires and rotor as well, it really woke her up.

Nice lookin truck too by the way.
Thanks, I forgot to say... After being careful marking everything and putting it all back together I was proud I was done, double checking all connections and vac lines... hit the keys and RRrrrrRRRrrrRrrrrrrrrRRrrrrRRRr would fire? WTF???? Checked, looked again and some more, same cranked and no fire AHHHHHH !!!! Go out my code reader and saying cam/crank sensor??? so, since I was in the upper half I thought well mabe the cam sensor got disconnected somehow, found the little flat 3 wire coming off the distributor for the pickup coil and traced it right to the rear intake bolt....gdamnit !!!! The wire somehow got pinched under the rear bolt head and during torqing it, it has shorted it. So I got it out, separated the 3 wires and taped them up separately, hit the key and she fired right up. Now next spring when I do another tune up, I will replace that pickup while the cap is off. Always something lol. Here are some more pics, got them reduced so they will load. I did snap a bolt ( grabbed the ft/lb instead of the in/lb torque wrench... easy out and new bolt fixed that.
Oh, and I made some Jerky !IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2767.JPG IMG_2769.JPG IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2777.JPG

Back