Traded

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, I was dreading driving an hour to meet in the pouring rain to check out a vehicle to trade my IMG_1601.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1599.JPG jeep for... figured it would take a half hour to look, test rive and trade if everything is cool. Ended up being an all day ceremony and I came home with this tiny thing....

I was combing over the truck (pre-inspection) and found a few things (nice that I can crawl in and out and under this thing very easily)
The squealing under the hood wasnt a belt, it was a bad water pump and belt tensioner is shot, stabilizer link pin bushings were shot and steering damper bushing/bracket shot/loose. So replaced bushings with MOOG, new water pump and cleaned up as I went...tightened the bracket, I think Im good to go for inspections after I get a new tensioner and coolant.

Im lovin it.... cant wait to get it streeted....

That's sweet.

I'm dreaming about used jeep with driverless equipment, so I don't want to buy new cars, but I want to see factories make driverless parts to convert driving into driverless.

So, took it for inspections, failed an upper ball joint and track bar. Since they had to remove the knuckle to install a new balljoint I had both replaced along with a new wheel bearing (all MOOG parts) so the passenger side is tight and should last forever ( figuratively speaking ) so $700 later re-inspection passed, now off to the DMV to get it plated . Glad I price around MOOG isnt cheap and this shop my family uses since forever gave me the best deal beating all the other shops by $400
Also got some new shoes lined up with them as I need to budget $1200 for them.... 35X12.50X15 arent cheap... Well some are, but I want excellent traction in wet, snow and Ice.

Soooo, went to the DMV and got the truck legal. Since it was an even trade I didnt have to pay sales tax, just fees for paperwork and new plates... a grand total of $40...lol

Now my issue is, the wipers quit working. I bought a new Multi switch and replaced but that wasnt the problem so returned it and got my money back. Fuses are good so need to check the relay and the wiper motor next.... hope its not the wiring anywhere, as it worked when I drove it home and for inspections but now it wont do anything?????

Soooo, went to the DMV and got the truck legal. Since it was an even trade I didnt have to pay sales tax, just fees for paperwork and new plates... a grand total of $40...lol

Now my issue is, the wipers quit working. I bought a new Multi switch and replaced but that wasnt the problem so returned it and got my money back. Fuses are good so need to check the relay and the wiper motor next.... hope its not the wiring anywhere, as it worked when I drove it home and for inspections but now it wont do anything?????
Push down on the stick on the right side of the driving column. :p

Push down on the stick on the right side of the driving column. :p
blink blink blink blink..... thats all I got, oh wait that was the left.... there it went into gear. Nope, wipers still didnt work.

blink blink blink blink..... thats all I got, oh wait that was the left.... there it went into gear. Nope, wipers still didnt work.

Did you get the manual? Sometimes there are controls described in there that are hard to find on your own.

To give you all a better idea how big this beast is, My daughter is just about my height...13620931_264430607272792_1367379528149872252_n.jpg

Did you get the manual? Sometimes there are controls described in there that are hard to find on your own.
Yes, but Ive owned these trucks before. So I know them, it worked when I drove it home and for inspections, I havent used the wipers since driving it home but went to use it the other day and nothing??? switch is good, fuses are ok, so it narrows down to 3 things... Wiper motor, Wiper relay or short in wiring? Everything else works as it should, funny it just stopped working?

so, I jumped under the hood.... yep, jumped. Got the wiper motor out and tried to get it to operate with jumpers from the battery.... nothing. The Wiper motor is officially shot. Going to install a new one soon, $70 part. Shops want $250 to change... nope, do it myself free. Its a simple task...

UlBUMUmdQrirCtsjK8mw_8.gif

Back