toyota vs. ford truck in crash test

Dang it's interesting to know those informations about trucks. but what about cars or van??

damn! Wonder what the Ford engineers were smoking when they were designing the F150?!

Look at the Ford weigh more than the Toyota and it looked worse than the Toyota after kissing wall.
0110_2_34t.jpg
0108_1_10t.jpg

Now I know I should have retired from buying Fords too much

Interesting stats -- I always knew that Toyotas were a bit of a stronger type of vehicle over Ford, but still I like Ford. :-X

AWESOME!! I have always liked Dodge Ram and it has a good score at crash test. Ford re-designed a new F150 truck. I think it is cool but still I prefer Dodge. :) I am just wondering how strong is that new ford truck.

Uhm, first of all, it weighs more, thus has more forward momentum. . . a crash at the same speed SHOULD destroy the ford more than the toyota. . . how bad the damage is, however, isn't exactly the safety rating. . .

Anyway, I don't like Fords. The ONLY truck company I like is Chevy. . .

no offense to those ppl who like Ford or anything.. this is a joke Ford stand for either:
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
:lol:

pimpdaddyposse said:
no offense to those ppl who like Ford or anything.. this is a joke Ford stand for either:
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily

Love your offense. need someone bastardized me for my last name. :twisted:

LOL pimp!! I prefer Toyotas over Fords. No offense to Ford lovers.

I still have a 1994 Toyota Corolla car!!

Toyota outsells Ford worldwide

Toyota outsells Ford worldwide

Toyota (TM) outsold Ford Motor (F) worldwide in the last six months for the first time, and import automakers likely will grab a record of more than 25% of U.S. truck sales this year, both signs of the continuing challenge domestic automakers face from abroad.

Among the worries for Detroit is the image that the surge by foreign automakers creates. Consumers might not consciously buy brands based on sales trends, but marketing and auto industry analysts agree that bragging rights matter.

"The imports have tremendous momentum, and that is expanding the image gap between Detroit and companies like Toyota and Honda," says Jeff Schuster of research firm J.D. Power and Associates.

"Sales leadership matters to dealers, employees and ultimately the customers in how they think about the company selling them a car," says Joe Phillippi of AutoTrends Consulting. "Consumers like brands that win."

General Motors (GM), Ford and Chrysler Group (DCX) , struggling to make any profit this year from auto sales, are hoping for an image rebound with an onslaught of new products in 2004 and 2005. Ford and Chrysler are each launching 10 products in 2004. GM has 29 products hitting the market in 2004 and 2005.

But even if the cars and trucks are successful, the slide in image won't reverse overnight.

"Moving our brand image only happens with new product, and it won't happen from one month to another," acknowledges Chrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche. "It will take many years."

Passing Ford globally — or Chrysler in U.S. sales, as it did in August — is a symbolic milestone for Toyota. But for the U.S. automakers, losing truck share to rivals is a harsher financial reality, because what scant profits U.S. automakers earn today from auto sales come entirely from pickups and sport-utility vehicles.

From 1990 to 1998, domestic brands had at least 83% of the truck market. In October, that share reached a low of 73%. Toyota, for one, has added SUV models faster than GM's Chevy division or the Ford brand, despite having a smaller market share.

"About five years ago, we lost momentum and our focus, and put energy into a lot of other stuff that hasn't put enough new product in the showroom. Lesson learned," says Ford sales analyst George Pipas.

It's not that there is no good news for Detroit. Consumer Reports recently added a flock of GM and Ford models to its recommended list. Several GM models beat Toyota and Honda (HMC) models on Power's survey of problems in the first 90 days of ownership. Chevy sells more vehicles priced above $30,000 than any other car company because of the popularity of its top-priced pickups and SUVs.

But in every category except pickups and large SUVs, U.S. automakers are playing catch-up in image with smaller rivals.

"Imports crossing the 25% mark in trucks has to be a wake-up call for Detroit," says J.D. Power's Schuster.

Here is the link.

all i want is a peice of metal that runs and gets me to places, IF i crash it the important thing is IM alive or if i lose my life, I lived it to the fullest. thats all that matter and ofc afforablity is another issue on what the cost would be, BUT here on hawaii theres been a rash of toyotas ALL over this island seems they perfer that than fords or chevies!

LOL PDP on ur bastardization of the Ford name -- now u got urself bastardized Lasza hahaha

if i had to choose between Ford and Toyota -- definately gonna go for a Toyota any day!!!!

<---Wrecked a Toyota and a Honda but never crashed a Ford (total of 5 Fords I have owned), Dodge, Audi and a Pontiac to boot

*knock wood*

Besides the last Toyota I had was a POS that spent time more in shop than on road and that was 13 years ago. I ended up wrecking it delivering pizza for Pizza Hut and ran into a Ford driven by a Domino's Pizza! -The Ford still ran but the Toyota was junkyard fodder instantly.

Just bought F150 2004 FX4 Supercrew, it rated tested best crash and stronger than all.

You can find the info on ford website and go to " truth about truck" theres subtitle in there.

Ford F150, and Superduty recenlty most sold than all. Ford steady leader most sold since 28 years .

YOMAN!

Xero said:
Uhm, first of all, it weighs more, thus has more forward momentum. . . a crash at the same speed SHOULD destroy the ford more than the toyota. . . how bad the damage is, however, isn't exactly the safety rating. . .

Anyway, I don't like Fords. The ONLY truck company I like is Chevy. . .

makes sense, inhertia from a heavier car will hardly stop and it puts more force to the wall, part of science anyhow, also the design of the frame and body rigidy also, so many factors. :)

nozobo said:
Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
in additional to defition of FORD...

Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge :giggle:

LOL well when i was in middle school, my deaf friend, Brandon told me that Dodge truck will always have a huge no-good bad engine and will breaks down all the time later on like 1 year later or something and i was like ohhh really? So i prefer Ford, Chevy, and Toyota the best.

I know this is very old thread, but to prove how tough is Ford Super Duty, that is F-250 or F-350. Not counting F-150.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9Yfv-MqtY]TOP 10 Most Expensive Car Crashes EVER ! - YouTube[/ame]

Look at 0:36 I can believe that cause its similar as my last accident, and the only damage to my truck is just slight bent bumper and scratch on bumper that's it, other vehicle, a sedan (Not fancy one) got fairly serious damage. Also, same with my friend who owns like mine. I witness his accident, an idiot tried to make illegal left turn and collided onto my friend's F-250, their front end was gone, but the only damage on his F-250 was just a $50.00 hubcap.

Only problem is my insurance rate goes up because Insurance companies told me that it is very common that truck of my kind cause much destructive damages to others than the truck itself. (Higher liability, lower collision rate)

I don't think I will ever buy another Chevy or GM whatever you wish to call it. GM was great during 70's and 80's, but 90's and later its POS! And I ain't gonna buy Dodge, nor Toyota! This leaves me which I have Found Out Real Dream!

The 97 to 2003 f150, the era this thread is from, where the worst trucks ford ever made. I knew a bunch of people that had them and they where nothing but trouble. Ford got it together after that and has made some amazing vehicles in the last decade and thats coming from a former toyota only guy. For the money i think they are very competetive.

I wish they keep 7.3 diesel. I was thinking of trading with 2000-2002 Excursion with 7.3 Diesel. Haven't made up my mind cause I love my truck, only that its 6.0. Thank god its still better than 6.4.

There are pros and cons between Excursion and F-250/350 is that with F-250 I can haul firewood, and haul whatever in back of my truck without any fuss with mess, but limited only 5 Passengers. I'm trying to find center seat so I can haul 6 passengers. As for Excursion, I don't like mess up in the back with firewood and other stuff, but what I like about Excursion is that it CAN carry 9 passengers, and still plenty of cargo space in back.

I do have plan to buy a used trailer camper and travel across America. This is the reason why I stick with truck or huge SUV. Today, not many sedan or wagon have the ability to tow larger trailer, probably none.

Back