Toyota Tacoma TPMS

Just googled on Jeep Liberty TPMS sensor battery replacement. Realizing batteries are not replaceable. Must buy entire TPMS modules. Gee!! Unless If you decide save money hack the modules and replace batteries then put silicone sealant into cracked open TPMS sensors to re-use it in that way to seal it from moisture :rofl:

Catty

Just googled on Jeep Liberty TPMS sensor battery replacement. Realizing batteries are not replaceable. Must buy entire TPMS modules. Gee!! Unless If you decide save money hack the modules and replace batteries then put silicone sealant into cracked open TPMS sensors to re-use it in that way to seal it from moisture :rofl:

Catty

TPMS module is a computer. This TPMS module is the last step of diagnosis root...usually we first check air pressures as motorists do that like you. Bad tire pressure sensor? Agree w/you. Replace TPMS module? NO...Unless you are on the right path of the troubleshoot root as exact following the manufacturer diagnosis procedure and factory scan tool. Google: The Jeep Liberty TPMS Forum. Here you go.
PS: I don't dismantle the old tire pressure sensor. Get new one. Save your fingers from cut or something.

I have same issue with TPMS too on 2005 jeep liberty Limited. Yes the device now 15 yr old and I thought it was Throttle Position Module (TPM) when ceiling mount messaging/temp warned me about it. I replaced Throttle Position Module and messaging still complained TPM issue. I did google search and it turned out to be Tire Pressure Module grrrrrr!! It started problem last month and I did check/fill tires including rear spare tires, still complaining. Realizing it's the battery went out inside rim. I haven't check google about how to replace batteries. Mean I will have to send it to shop.

Catty

What's next? Dashboard said check engine then you have to replace the whole motor?

TPMS module is a computer. This TPMS module is the last step of diagnosis root...usually we first check air pressures as motorists do that like you. Bad tire pressure sensor? Agree w/you. Replace TPMS module? NO...Unless you are on the right path of the troubleshoot root as exact following the manufacturer diagnosis procedure and factory scan tool. Google: The Jeep Liberty TPMS Forum. Here you go.
PS: I don't dismantle the old tire pressure sensor. Get new one. Save your fingers from cut or something.

Lol.. the onboard ceiling temp/ message says "Check TPM". It did not say TPMS. So that narrows down to tire pressure modules. Remmy that my jeep is 15 yr old and TPM batteries dies in time. Make sense?

Catty

What's next? Dashboard said check engine then you have to replace the whole motor?

:rofl: Nah, I have Bluetooth OBDII. I did not use it this time. I was following message coming from onboard ceiling temp/message. I got confused with TPM as Throttle Position Module. When I bought replacement part. It said otherwise Throttle Position Sensor. That arouse my suspicion that its not the part but I replace it anyway better safe than sorry. I googled and found out TPM is something else. That's something new for me on Mechanic Jargon.

Catty

Ebay sells 4 TPM for between $60 to $130. I decide to just hold it off later. My jeep do not become disable if TPMS light still on for months or so. I just simply dont care but its annoying to see orange tire idot light. :rofl:

Ebay sells 4 TPM for between $60 to $130. I decide to just hold it off later. My jeep do not become disable if TPMS light still on for months or so. I just simply dont care but its annoying to see orange tire idot light. :rofl:

Same as people do. Yeah expensive tire pressure sensors. I order new tire pressure sensors from dealer if I own a Toyota/Lexus. Sometime cheap TPM set of 4, may not work with the vehicle. Counterfeit!!! Be careful...

Lol.. the onboard ceiling temp/ message says "Check TPM". It did not say TPMS. So that narrows down to tire pressure modules. Remmy that my jeep is 15 yr old and TPM batteries dies in time. Make sense?

Catty

15 yr old is a 2005 Jeep Liberty? Or 2000 Jeep? :hmm:. Most battery life in tire pressure sensor is last 10 years. Some of them are last 5 or 7 years....

Back