Towing them back

My motor was delivered today !!!

its getting there. Said they could probly finish by Friday. I told em no hurry...

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 17
Nice motor :)
Yes it is, I was admiring all the heavier duty parts used in it, like the timing chain tensioners and all the other doo dads... the old motor had metal shavings inside the heads, no clue where they came from yet but think its from piston slap so far as cam is good as well as the roller rockers on the old motor??? Right now they are cleaning and transfering the covers, installing al new sensors. The motor mounts were shot so theyre getting replaced as well
They said it looks to be a good solid vehicle as the trans was rebuilt and still looks new. So, Im excited but not in a hurry to get it back, take their time and do it right.

Just about ready to install...

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 11
So far all new parts are...
New long block
2 Cats
water/oil pumps
all sensors
new pan and pickup tube/screen
gaskets
motor mounts
filters
front drive shaft
belts, hoses
radiator
fluids
spark plugs
window regulators
hood and hatch struts
and some items Im forgetting.

Guy pulled the pan and decided to install a new one on the new motor as it was filled with metal, so the old motor was shot internally. Being it was beat up a bit he decided a new one would be safe from leaks and any other harmful issues. So the new motor is basically brand new with everything from intake to pan and Im happy with that. Injectors look new so we are going with those for now ( easy to change out later if needed)

So far all new parts are...
New long block
2 Cats
water/oil pumps
all sensors
new pan and pickup tube/screen
gaskets
motor mounts
filters
front drive shaft
belts, hoses
radiator
fluids
spark plugs
window regulators
hood and hatch struts
and some items Im forgetting.

Guy pulled the pan and decided to install a new one on the new motor as it was filled with metal, so the old motor was shot internally. Being it was beat up a bit he decided a new one would be safe from leaks and any other harmful issues. So the new motor is basically brand new with everything from intake to pan and Im happy with that. Injectors look new so we are going with those for now ( easy to change out later if needed)

Are you still getting them back tomorrow or is the date pushed back?

He said it should be done tomorrow, but I told him no hurry, take his time.

well, my jeep is supposed to be done possibly today. Going to run up and see how its going.

Pulled the radiator, was leaking, got some crud in the hoses ( not metal, but looks like carbon??? ) anyways, think Im going to go ahead with a new upgraded motor and neww radiator....

Looks like oil leaking? How many miles on it?

The most mechanical problems in 3.7L V6 and 4.7L V8 are cylinder heads where the valve seats are loose because the aluminum cylinder heads from early model year, became expanded due to heat, allow the harden valve seats starting to be loose, causes misfire. Engine block or pistons or crankshafts are good but flawed cylinder heads. If the valves or valve seats drop then the entire engine is toasted, if they are not crushing to the top of the pistons then you need to replace new cylinder heads. I had one here last year for overheated engine, diagnosed and found bad cylinder head gaskets, told a customer that the entire engine need to replace a new engine. Customer declined the repair. She want to sell it then I offer her $500 cash but she sold it to a towing driver for high offer.. If I buy it from her then I would replace cylinder heads, thermostat, water pump and other parts that involves in the engine repairs... resale and good profits. :mad2:

So no more than 150k miles for 3.7 V6 and 4.7 V8? Correct?

The original motor had 224XXX on the clock, the new motor has 0.
so now the break in period, a couple oil changes.
Going for new shoes and inspections soon, got to go get my insurance cards.

Passed all inspections, got all my papers together ready to license... getting new shoes Monday.

Well here is the new motor installed, all cleaned up.
Will post before and after pics of new shoes next week when I get them,

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
Its legal ! Got the plates, new shoes, new lugs and locking lugs.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg