Towing them back

The original motor had 224XXX on the clock, the new motor has 0.
so now the break in period, a couple oil changes.
Going for new shoes and inspections soon, got to go get my insurance cards.

224k on the original motor? Sound like the previous owner paid excellent oil services until the engine expired.

224k on the original motor? Sound like the previous owner paid excellent oil services until the engine expired.
Maybe the original owner did, but the guy I got it from must have dogged it. Oil was old and pan full of shavings....

Fixed the step bars

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
Maybe the original owner did, but the guy I got it from must have dogged it. Oil was old and pan full of shavings....

Really? Looks like the shavings might be come from bearings or chewed timing chain guide rails or timing cover where the loose timing chains rubbing.

Really? Looks like the shavings might be come from bearings or chewed timing chain guide rails or timing cover where the loose timing chains rubbing.
We didnt see any wear like that so think it was piston slap? since we didnt pull the heads/crank or anything we couldnt really see the cylinder walls either. if it was bearings, the motor was still quiet except a knock/tick in the upper left bank.

Nice sweet SUV.
Thanks, Just got the AC to fix now. Has a leak somewhere. Shop is going to vac it and see how big the leak is then try to pinpoint it. Im hoping its an O-ring, but possibly the condensor ( front of radiator, I get condensor/evap mixed ) as the radiator had a hole, Id assume something punctured it possibly?

We didnt see any wear like that so think it was piston slap? since we didnt pull the heads/crank or anything we couldnt really see the cylinder walls either. if it was bearings, the motor was still quiet except a knock/tick in the upper left bank.

I did read your post #45, said, metal shavings in the head that inteprets me to understand that the camshaft bearing borings or caps are shaving dried without oil feed, that may pinpoint to lack of lubricant or stricted oil flows such as clogged oil pick up screen or lack oil in the sump (oil pan) or neglect maintenance services...The slapping piston is caused by interfering with the valves that crash on the top of the piston and left cracked or broken skirts of the piston body, piston(s) can't hold the cylinder bore walls, make slapping noises but primary suspect is valve train that associated with camsafts and timing chains/belts that interfering with the pistons.

Thanks, Just got the AC to fix now. Has a leak somewhere. Shop is going to vac it and see how big the leak is then try to pinpoint it. Im hoping its an O-ring, but possibly the condensor ( front of radiator, I get condensor/evap mixed ) as the radiator had a hole, Id assume something punctured it possibly?

Could be. If the condenser shows sign of green dyed oil or light to black oil around the finned surfaces or at the ports where the hoses/lines connected. AC works on Jeep Liberty is sweet and easy...

Could be. If the condenser shows sign of green dyed oil or light to black oil around the finned surfaces or at the ports where the hoses/lines connected. AC works on Jeep Liberty is sweet and easy...
Yep, I got the compressor ( as the old one leaks out the front seal) a new orifice tube ( the complete line as orifice is built in) and a new Dryer. Hope the condensor is good. They will be fixing it Tuesday.

I assumme the shavings and the amount of metal could be a combination of bearings as well as piston skirt shavings and pieces ( I think it was skirt slap making the noise) we will never know since I didnt break the motor down... but we can safely say that motor was shot LOL

Took step bars off as they were pretty much junk...looks better I think

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
Back