top ten reasons not and to move to arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Good luck in Washington state, ghsh1996!

I will post a thread about Colorado pros and cons and Washington state in my reviews

Colorado

Good

Pretty mountain
Lake with beach
Camping, biking, hiking etc

Bad
many house, apartment, condo etc are so expensive
High Gas
No deaf event expect SAC for elder deaf people
No deaf social

That why we are planning to move Washington (state).

*SLAMING on GAS BRAKE!* Whoa whoa who said there's no deaf event? check this website out! ColoradoDeaf.com there are alot of events going on and deaf social too. If you said no deaf event that cuz you never went one... All states are the sames... I have went to one deaf event right after work earlier today, saw many old faces and ofc many new faces...

*SLAMING on GAS BRAKE!* Whoa whoa who said there's no deaf event? check this website out! ColoradoDeaf.com there are alot of events going on and deaf social too. If you said no deaf event that cuz you never went one... All states are the sames... I have went to one deaf event right after work earlier today, saw many old faces and ofc many new faces...

Well, not always... All states are the same? not always again...

I raised up in Michigan for 21 years since, they have RARELY deaf event, Im serious. LIke deaf expo, they will have that event EVERY TWO YEARS. Not ONE year. Well, michigan have LOUSY deaf social, I tell you.

I raised up in Michigan for 21 years since, they have RARELY deaf event, Im serious. LIke deaf expo, they will have that event EVERY TWO YEARS. Not ONE year. Well, michigan have LOUSY deaf social, I tell you.

Sorry what I meant is that all states varies, some state do have good social and lousy deaf social, it's everyone's individual to social or not. Why is ghsh1996 saying that Colorado dont have deaf social?

Yes, that's correct, I love forests. That's why I was trying to tell Sweetheart that. I don't really like deserts that much. I know that there are many forest towns in Arizona are small and have lack of jobs and don't pay good and they're expensive to live in, too. Also, not many deaf people live there, too. Well, many mountain towns in Arizona do have 4 seasons, even tho they get nasty wildfires. Ack! I was thinking of Colorado, but will see.

There's a lot of coniferous forests here in Seattle metro area. :)

If u love forests, then I strongly recommend that u choose not to move to the desert.

Let me tell u something about myself that u probably can relate...

Growing up, my dad took my brother and I to camping trips in the mountains. I have to say that everytime I am up there, I felt whole and very peaceful like all my problems are not so bad. Whenever it was time for us to return to Phx, I always had this down feeling like I was depressed or left a piece of myself in the woods. My dad and my brother never felt that way. They are both huge desert fans while I wasnt. I always vowed to myself that I would move to where there are plently of trees and green.

When I moved to MD to go to Gally, I was so thrilled by the scenery and even more thrilled seeing the leaves change colors in Fall. I just fell in love with it and also another plus about MD is that the beach is only 3 hours away. That was another place I dreamed of living close by..3 hours as opposed to 8 hours (living in Phx) is a whole lot better. So, I am happy here in MD and love taking hikes in the parks during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Winters here depress me due to the trees being bare and looking dead but worth it when Springtime comes and the leaves blossom.

It would take a distatrous event for me to move back to Phx so I know if that happens, I will seriously miss the trees and green. I really do not want to move back there but I miss my family so it is hard. If they moved here in MD, life would be perfect! Ha!

Dont get me wrong, Phx is a great city and many people consider it beautiful. I do think the desert scenery is beautiful with all the mountains in the distance. REally cool to see them covered in snow while in the desert. :)I do miss that part.

I have a feeling that u probably would feel the same as I did growing up if u move to the desert.

Just wanted something for u to think about but never know if u would actually fall in love with the desert. LOL!

Glad that u are doing your research before making a rash decision and then regretting it later. Good luck! :)

You got a good point, Shel90. Yes, I knew I would be depressed if I live in a very different region that isn't similar to Washington or California. North Bay Area in California is similar to washington, the scenery, trees, etc look similar as well. Even tho, Washington has lot more trees.

I already know about this website but they don't have real deaf center. They have SAC. Most elder people goes there. My husband and I are not elder yet. Most of them are 60's to up. I talked with very few friends that they know many deaf people in colorado but they told me that deaf people are not socialing each other. I know about 5 interpreter that they told me that too hard to find deaf people to social. I know that colorado have deaf soft baseball but I am not interested in. I am not interested in colorado deaf because Most event are for meeting often. Very few fun event. BUT NONE OF DEAF CENTER! OKAY?

Oh, yes. I am sick going to a meeting for voting to make plans. I thought that it was great to meet people. We all go there - we wanted to chat each other instead of a meeting. It does not work that way. I realized that a deaf president of a club wants more money from us annually. I think he is a thief. I didn't join the member anymore. No want to be the president of the club so he got a 5th term. I do not give a damn about a lecture or joke stories. Maybe some joke stories, but not all day long.

I was a chairperson a long time ago. I brought most of people to go to Boston and New York City on bus trips. It was so much fun. Most of the club presidents are not going it, and they bring them in the same place for the meeting every year. What a boring!

That is the problem that you want to find a good place to meet and socialize with deaf people. I assume that it is expensive for someone to set up a deaf club. There was a good deaf club outside of the city in my state. It was very nice place and safe. But, it didn't last - about six years. It went out of "business" a few years ago.

I realized that some deaf people did not want to go and meet them for social for no reason. They seem shamed themselves being deaf. They didn't have normal life. It's okay for anyone to be weirdo. :giggle:

I believe that it is more important for you to find a good place to live and make a living for your survival and secure your home.

I already know about this website but they don't have real deaf center. They have SAC. Most elder people goes there. My husband and I are not elder yet. Most of them are 60's to up. I talked with very few friends that they know many deaf people in colorado but they told me that deaf people are not socialing each other. I know about 5 interpreter that they told me that too hard to find deaf people to social. I know that colorado have deaf soft baseball but I am not interested in. I am not interested in colorado deaf because Most event are for meeting often. Very few fun event. BUT NONE OF DEAF CENTER! OKAY?

Have you gone to any deaf event/social in Colorado yet? I've gone to several cuz I live here. Tell me about deaf center? There is two deaf store in Denver, one in south denver and other in northwest denver.

Not only many seniors goes to SAC, all deaf people variety of ages do go there. Right I don't know about a deaf center but a lot of deafies use the website on ColoradoDeaf.com, some deafies do host events through word of mouth some by online. People have lives to focus on jobs, children etc. Of course many deaf do social around here, some won't go cuz conflict time. I do attend a regularly event every fridays by notify friends through email not website so it all varies. Also there are several activies beside deaf baseball, darts, bowling, just to name few that I know of. If you want more fun events, why not you host many of it? I would love to attend some but not all of it dues to conflict work schedule and my personal time. As for the interpreator having hard time to find deaf people social, I don't believe this cuz I rarely see any interpreator at deaf socials...

When i was in cheyenne on vacation .. i was told there are coffee chats in colorado so obivously yes they do have deaf events in colorado...

have some..

pro..

WONDERFUL ATV in DUNES and deserts!
not alot of rainy seasons
wonderful winter weather
can save money by cooking outside without any sorces such as gas, (you can use aluminum foil to cook food)

cons
TOO HOT
plenty of odd people there.

Been to AZ many time. I love north AZ best, so beautiful with alot of green bushes and everything is red. We want to buy property up in N AZ. S. AZ are more alike cities and flater and less green and red.

Summer storm is dangerous there, one of my friend's sister was killed by lightneing. Only bad thing I can think of so far. Rest of them are just alike everywhere.

As for deaf population, I have no idea except I know few lives by colorado river.

Oh ur thinking of leaving Washington state? nice there, bummer.

have some..

pro..

WONDERFUL ATV in DUNES and deserts!
not alot of rainy seasons
wonderful winter weather
can save money by cooking outside without any sorces such as gas, (you can use aluminum foil to cook food)

cons
TOO HOT
plenty of odd people there.

Odd people??? I think there r odd people every where. Either that or I guess I am odd since I am from AZ. :giggle:

i was told there are coffee chats in colorado so obivously yes they do have deaf events in colorado...
Bow_T.gif

fart2.gif

try alabama, here are more cheaper, not high life.. if u would like talk me abt this alabama then u have my pgr.. ;)

Shel90

Onlys people that gamble are very evil, mean, ugly and hateful and spiteful, not sayin' anythin' about your brother, bad things has happend to me in Las Vegas, no I did not make friends in Las Vegas, it's the people like the police, the judge and people that gamble are rotten and mean and ugly...

My sister works at the mall and one guy came to her and told her how horrible Las Vegas is, he said people in Las Vegas were very ugly and mean to him, he used to live there and I used to live there, more more people movin' out of Las Vegas, because of how they're mistreated there...

For Arizona, I stayed one month with a friend I knew has changed on me, she was rotten and mean to me also my ex-roommate were rotten and mean to me in Las Vegas too and no I didn't get with the wrong people, because I don't social with them and as roommate we minded our own business, I didn't invited them as my roommate, my fiance did, I had nothing to do with those 3 ex-roommate anyway...

I'm back home and haven't been mistreated lately so far as long I stayed away from deaf people or hearing people, I choose my family over them, because my family don't mistreat me like they do, and I'm free of pains and I'm happy!!!

Mean people in AZ so that means my brother is a mean person? :giggle: There are nice and mean people everywhere. It seems like u got in with the wrong people.

Onlys people that gamble are very evil, mean, ugly and hateful and spiteful, not sayin' anythin' about your brother, bad things has happend to me in Las Vegas, no I did not make friends in Las Vegas, it's the people like the police, the judge and people that gamble are rotten and mean and ugly...

My sister works at the mall and one guy came to her and told her how horrible Las Vegas is, he said people in Las Vegas were very ugly and mean to him, he used to live there and I used to live there, more more people movin' out of Las Vegas, because of how they're mistreated there...

For Arizona, I stayed one month with a friend I knew has changed on me, she was rotten and mean to me also my ex-roommate were rotten and mean to me in Las Vegas too and no I didn't get with the wrong people, because I don't social with them and as roommate we minded our own business, I didn't invited them as my roommate, my fiance did, I had nothing to do with those 3 ex-roommate anyway...

I'm back home and haven't been mistreated lately so far as long I stayed away from deaf people or hearing people, I choose my family over them, because my family don't mistreat me like they do, and I'm free of pains and I'm happy!!!

I know u werent literally talking about my brother..didnt u see my "giggle" face? If I really took it seriously, I would be pissed off. Pls dont worry about me. Smile

I am sorry that u had a bad experience in Vegas and AZ.

Sweetheart

I was raised in Michigan all my entires life, I don't socialize with deaf people, I found out in Feb from someone who works for VP, he said 300 deaf are hidin' in Michigan, Why? because of deaf problems & gossips, they have their reasons to keeps their distance away from all the deaf like them, they are tireed of problems includin' backstabbin'g, etc...

I used to go to the F.A.D club and once I went to Saginaw/BayCity deaf club, there's alots of people at the FAD, but not much at the S/B area but the Detroit is worst, my friend said there's thousands of deaf in Detroit, because it's a big city there...

Michigan isn't the only state have a loudsy deaf social, all U.S.A or outside of the country is the same way, nothin' is better than just one loudsy club.

Me and my fiance enjoy the AslExpo, We've met the owner of the AslExpo, my fiance's best friend works for AslExpo, I met them all, they're super nice all are from Calif, Michigan don't have to have one, there's plenty every where to go to anys Deaf Expo...

For me, I rather to live in Inland Empire over Phoenix for some personal reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back