Too Many VP Numbers!

So why not just expect the interpreter to say your number like most do anyway....that way you don't have to be responsible and remember what it is! :)

At the rate technology is going, the last thing for me to memorize will be my state hospital inmate # for the loonies on buggs bunny avenue.....Give me a break, pls.?

I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard laughing. What you just said is so true for me too !!!! you and I are in the same boat!

So why not just expect the interpreter to say your number like most do anyway....that way you don't have to be responsible and remember what it is! :)

My tv with vp200 has sticker printed with toll number stuck on the tv and purple number printed on sticker stuck on the MVP. makes it easier to blah the number to the hearing or deaf party to call me back instead of remembering the number.

Don't you all feel like guniea pigs with all the new features, vp numbers, different ways of makng relay calls? Once the dust settles down from the whirlwind of new ideas and techonlogy, don't you think the VRS compnaies is gonna start charging us for ALLLL of these services ? Nearly every feature or service I have seen that is free of some sort always either start charging a fee or heavly changes the way its free. If it still free, it comes with a AD and more marketing crap.:roll: look at oovoo. look at aim. is VRS next ? Oh crap- I just shuddered thinking about it. Time will tell.:aw:

I'm still trying to figure out if there is an option. Technically, it seems like it should be possible to have two or three videophones and ONE phone number for all. VP work on the same technology as VOIP - it goes through the internet.

With internet, each device you have (video phone(s), computer, etc) are assigned a unique IP address. So far so good.

Then the relay service uses a system like DNS or ENUM to connect your IP address to a phone number. It is the same way a web domain works. (ie Deaf Chat | People Deaf Culture - AllDeaf.com is connected to an IP address).

With web addresses, you can make what is called a CNAME record, which lets IP connect to two addresses. For example...
IP 123.123.123.123 is connected to www.mydomain.com
then you add a CNAME record to link the same IP address to www.myOTHERdomain.com

So why can't that happen with video phones?
ie...
Sorenson videophone connect to IP Address 123.123.123.123
Ojo video phone with CNAME record connects to same IP address.

Hope someone figures it out... I'm going to keep trying ;)

I'm still trying to figure out if there is an option. Technically, it seems like it should be possible to have two or three videophones and ONE phone number for all. VP work on the same technology as VOIP - it goes through the internet.

With internet, each device you have (video phone(s), computer, etc) are assigned a unique IP address. So far so good.

Then the relay service uses a system like DNS or ENUM to connect your IP address to a phone number. It is the same way a web domain works. (ie Deaf Chat | People Deaf Culture - AllDeaf.com is connected to an IP address).

With web addresses, you can make what is called a CNAME record, which lets IP connect to two addresses. For example...
then you add a CNAME record to link the same IP address to www.myOTHERdomain.com

ie...

LOL ! currently for people with multiple vps in same house with same ISP IP address can only receive calls to ONE vp and can call out from any vp. later this summer this will change. WHY you ask? because there is a need to be able to receive calls and answer from any vp in same house just like a hearing person can but unforunately this summer it will only mean be able to receive calls to a specific vp number only due to FCC ruling. again, why you ask? because the people who have roomates made the loudest noise about not being able to receive thier OWN calls to thier OWN vp and keep calls confidential and don't want to pay extra for another ip address.

Not going to happen, only in a dream.

VP itself happen to use same technology as cell phone uses. Believe it or not, Cell phones uses IP addresses... Surprise? not to me... Now, ask yourself, can one telephone number work with two or more cell phones? Good luck trying to find one that can do more than 1 cell phone!

Telephone, on other hand uses completely different technology, and is really much of analog and direct connect, no telephone handset cares who it comes from, if there is incoming call, regular telephone set can not discriminate whether it is for them or not.

Cell phone, Videophone, even VoIP router,computer etc, you name it, listens to the broadcast whether there is packet waiting for them, if they hears what they were suppose to get, they will say, here is for me! Send that packet to me, and IF other equipment has same IP address... b oth will say its for me! Please send to me, the other end would say.. WHAT? No way, ok Im throwing away that packet. so neither gets the packet. Regular landline telephone do not do this way.

ie...

Not going to happen, only in a dream.

VP itself happen to use same technology as cell phone uses. Believe it or not, Cell phones uses IP addresses... Surprise? not to me... Now, ask yourself, can one telephone number work with two or more cell phones? Good luck trying to find one that can do more than 1 cell phone!

Telephone, on other hand uses completely different technology, and is really much of analog and direct connect, no telephone handset cares who it comes from, if there is incoming call, regular telephone set can not discriminate whether it is for them or not.

Cell phone, Videophone, even VoIP router,computer etc, you name it, listens to the broadcast whether there is packet waiting for them, if they hears what they were suppose to get, they will say, here is for me! Send that packet to me, and IF other equipment has same IP address... b oth will say its for me! Please send to me, the other end would say.. WHAT? No way, ok Im throwing away that packet. so neither gets the packet. Regular landline telephone do not do this way.

It's not impossible. It's just not currently implemented in any way with today's relay architecture. But it's absolutely possible with SIP to have multiple devices ringing and then when one is picked up, the other devices are no longer ringing.

It's not impossible. It's just not currently implemented in any way with today's relay architecture. But it's absolutely possible with SIP to have multiple devices ringing and then when one is picked up, the other devices are no longer ringing.

Since each VP device requires it own phone #, just like regular landline and cell phones. I have a free service called Google Voice which I get one phone #. I havent tried this yet but you can program each VP phone # into google voice #. Whenever someone calls that #, it will rings all numbers in list.

In my case, I have 2 cell phones (work and personal), which I programmed to automatically transfer calls to VP if I do not answer or press IGNORE on incoming calls. It has worked flawlessly so far for me and best of all, I dont even have to give out my VP phone #, just my cell #. I use ZVRS for incoming calls due to their signmail are attached to email so I can view video on my BB Storm. I think Sorenson should follow some of ZVRS's examples (attached video file, pre-call VP notification).

Back