tomorrow is the day

Adam

Reaction score
I will be having surgery tomorrow morning. They will be doing a Labyrinthectomy. Basically what they are going to do is remove the vestibular (balance) system from my left ear. I have had many problems with vertigo and fistulas. I've had a number of surgeries but still having very problematic issues. I am profoundly deaf in that ear so the loss of any residual hearing is not an issue. He did say he would not cut the hearing nerve in the hopes of leaving that ear as an option for a cochlear implant down the road. The one thing I am a little concerned about is that the doctor said that the first two days after the surgery I will be EXTREMELY nauseated and have vertigo worse than I have ever had in my life. He said that once the brain realizes I don't have a balance center on that side anymore, it will take over and compensate for the missing system. I should be able to return to my normal activities of running and swimming in about 2 months. I will be back online once things settle down a bit. Talk to you soon.

Adam

Please get well soon and I will add you to the prayer list.

Hope it all goes well for ya.

So this is suppose to eliminate all the dizzy spells?

I pray that all goes well for you. :)

Wishing u a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Take it easy! :)

Back