Tolerance for GLBT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.C.Sinned

Reaction score
I find the lack of tolerance towards GLBT members of AD replusive.

Why can't bible thumpers so tolerance and compasion for the GLBT members of AD?

Why can't they just mind their own buisness?

Isn't up to the individual to chose the path to follow and the way to live?

Isn't that why God gave humans "FREE WILL"?

Why does my defending my GLBT friends turn into another member calling me a pansy?

After all doesn't the phrase "we are all children of God" mean anything?

Lets discuss these questions on this thread

You're bringing yourself more fire in this thread. I won't be surprise if this one gets locks too. :whistle:

C.C.Sinned said:
I find the lack of tolerance towards GLBT members of AD replusive.

Why does my defending my GLBT friends turn into another member calling me a pansy?

Lets discuss these questions on this thread

here's the thing. they are going to believe what the want to believe and they are going to FORCE their beliefs on us until we go crazy. and thats whats happening. i dont know how to fix it. i guess its not going to be fixed

Even though I would not live that lifestyle for myself, harassing and ostracizing people who are GLBT is absolutely unacceptable and un-Christian, in my best understanding. While I am not Eastern Orthodox, they have a long-standing tradition in their church that expresses this--this was said by an Orthodox patriarch in the 1500s: "Injustice ... regardless to whomever acted upon or performed against, is still injustice. The unjust person is never relieved of the responsibility of these acts under the pretext that the injustice is done against a heterodox and not to a believer. As our Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospels said do not oppress or accuse anyone falsely; do not make any distinction or give room to the believers to injure those of another belief."

This basically means, no harassment of those of other religions. And it also applies, in my mind, to Christians who see differently on things like this. To disagree is one thing--but to harass, verbally or physically, is absolutely unacceptable.

Cheri said:
You're bringing yourself more fire in this thread. I won't be surprise if this one gets locks too. :whistle:
:sure:

I'm asking real questions.

Like most other things it is way over your head. :aw:

C.C.Sinned said:
Since I am a "Bible thumper" I guess these questions are addressed to me also.

I guess part of the problem is what do you mean by "tolerance"? If you mean don't call names, don't physically assault, don't deny equal civil rights under the Constitution, don't threaten, or don't look down on, then I agree.
If you mean accept homosexuality as "normal", or ignore it as a sin, or accept whatever poltical agenda comes down the pike, then no, I don't tolerate that.

Compassion? Yes, I feel compassion for homosexual people.

I stay out of the "Closet" forum. If a question comes up in other forums about homosexuality as sin, or laws pertaining to homosexual "rights", then I join in the discussion. I believe I have the right to express the biblical viewpoint on those topics. I don't believe anyone has the right to say certain individuals will "go to hell" or make threats.

If it is brought up as a topic, am I allowed to join in?

Yes, each person makes his own choices, and should accept the consequences of those choices.

Yes, He gave us free will.
That doesn't mean He approves of our decisions but He lets us make them.

I can't answer for other people. I don't think anyone needs to call another member insulting names. It is immature.

It is incorrect. Not ALL people are children of God. I know you don't want to get into biblical discussion but bottom line is, God didn't say that ALL are His children. Only those who accept Jesus as Savior can call God "Abba" Father.

However, God does consider ALL people valuable. That is why He sacrificed His Son for us.

Rose Immortal said:
Even though I would not live that lifestyle for myself, harassing and ostracizing people who are GLBT is absolutely unacceptable and un-Christian, in my best understanding. While I am not Eastern Orthodox, they have a long-standing tradition in their church that expresses this--this was said by an Orthodox patriarch in the 1500s: "Injustice ... regardless to whomever acted upon or performed against, is still injustice. The unjust person is never relieved of the responsibility of these acts under the pretext that the injustice is done against a heterodox and not to a believer. As our Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospels said do not oppress or accuse anyone falsely; do not make any distinction or give room to the believers to injure those of another belief."

This basically means, no harassment of those of other religions. And it also applies, in my mind, to Christians who see differently on things like this. To disagree is one thing--but to harass, verbally or physically, is absolutely unacceptable.

:gpost: I agree with you completely

I ain't going judge anyone whoever's choice their belifs or apperance or GLBT as general..

I respect anyone.. I m not here discuss w/other belifts or thrown negivate remarks. Forget it.. Really wasting time..

I admit Im tired of their brings bible thumpers on this thread worst.. I'd rather their choice but ain't mine.. I do my own belifs and refused let anyone critizite mine..
That is my reason.. "Refused bring my own choice here anymore" Just prefer general talk and fun discuss.. Debate is little part of me yes.. but not get any further here..

Likely what CCSinned prefer brings here and want more discussion.. as long you have to respect anyone wishes..
What do you expecting asking them question.. as same thing I would ask you question too.

Reba said:
Since I am a "Bible thumper" I guess these questions are addressed to me also.

I guess part of the problem is what do you mean by "tolerance"? If you mean don't call names, don't physically assault, don't deny equal civil rights under the Constitution, don't threaten, or don't look down on, then I agree.
If you mean accept homosexuality as "normal", or ignore it as a sin, or accept whatever poltical agenda comes down the pike, then no, I don't tolerate that.

Compassion? Yes, I feel compassion for homosexual people.

I stay out of the "Closet" forum. If a question comes up in other forums about homosexuality as sin, or laws pertaining to homosexual "rights", then I join in the discussion. I believe I have the right to express the biblical viewpoint on those topics. I don't believe anyone has the right to say certain individuals will "go to hell" or make threats.

If it is brought up as a topic, am I allowed to join in?
Sure. Your state prove some of my points of this thread. Pushing beliefs onto another person is unaccpetible. Reba you have class. You stick up for your beliefs. yet you do not try to force them on others.
Reba said:
Yes, each person makes his own choices, and should accept the consequences of those choices.

Yes, He gave us free will.
That doesn't mean He approves of our decisions but He lets us make them.
Yes, We all must make our choices and accept responsable for our own actions. This Is why I believe in minding my own buisness when it comes to sexuality.

I can't answer for other people. I don't think anyone needs to call another member insulting names. It is immature.[/QUOTE]
That is very true. I can be very guilty of that. :( Nobody is perfect.

Reba said:
It is incorrect. Not ALL people are children of God. I know you don't want to get into biblical discussion but bottom line is, God didn't say that ALL are His children. Only those who accept Jesus as Savior can call God "Abba" Father.

However, God does consider ALL people valuable. That is why He sacrificed His Son for us.

Thanks fo that statement. I will bring it up next time I talk to my Priest

Hi AD readers, For the first and last time. I do not hate the glbt community. Please see the picture in the lower left corner that says " However " and understand what that says. C.C. Sinned I think you purposely put up this thread to cause trouble so here is what I am saying in self defense. I have nothing further to say and before you attack me. You are back on ignore. I needed to clear up my own name and say what I needed to say so pay attention to this one.

http://www.gracebiblefellowship-tx.org/Jack Hamm Graphics/Homosexuals & Lesbians.gif

No I made this thread because I want to find out why some people can not mind their own buisness :aw:

C.C.Sinned said:
I will bring it up next time I talk to my Priest
Here are some references you can use:

(bracketed statements are mine, not Bible)

Galations 3:26
"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."

Luke 20:36
"Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."
(Context: this refers to saved Christians in their eternal resurrection state)

Romans 8:14-17
"14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

Romans 9:6-8
"6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed [physically descended] of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

I John 3:10
"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil [two separate groups]: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother [fellow Christian]."

I John 5:1-3
"1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

John 8:44
[Jesus said to unbelievers] "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Food for thought.

:thumb: Thank You. I try to have an open mind when it comes to spirtitual issues...:cool:

Heath said:
Hi AD readers, For the first and last time. I do not hate the glbt community. Please see the picture in the lower left corner that says " However " and understand what that says. C.C. Sinned I think you purposely put up this thread to cause trouble so here is what I am saying in self defense. I have nothing further to say and before you attack me. You are back on ignore. I needed to clear up my own name and say what I needed to say so pay attention to this one.

http://www.gracebiblefellowship-tx.org/Jack Hamm Graphics/Homosexuals & Lesbians.gif
Heath, would you please stop posting this same old link over and over? I wonder how many time you posted?
FYI: I fight fiercely to proctect my LGBTQI community if someone speaks ill about us. Now Heath - ENOUGH!

Wow man, that is an outright lie and accusation and here you are twisting my words again. CC Sinned brought up the old post in a thinly veiled attempt to continue the agruement because he enjoys baiting people the exact same way you do. I said what was needed to be said period. This conversation will not continue because you enjoy doing this too. You are not gonna get any sick pleasure out of baiting people and outright accusing people with your liar's habit.

Hey Heath, CUT IT OFF! You have caused third thread locked and closed! Im sick and tired of your rotten attitude! I already warned you and you decided not to heed my warning!

I have no problem with GLBT. Why I don't have problem with them? The answer is very simple. I do NOT own people! So, because I do NOT own people thereofore I have NO business telling them what to do with their life. I have beliefs, and I use my own belief for MY OWN life, not somebody else! I do NOT believe GOD wants anybody to tell others nor preach others what they *thinks* god want to tell them. The truth is, human mind is the most dangerous territory!!! Why its most dangerous territory? Simple because mind can do WILDEST thing, including uncompassionable murder, and controlling freaks. Its sad thing that many people can NOT seperate their own thoughts and the fact thats out there.

Heath said:
CC Sinned brought up the old post in a thinly veiled attempt to continue the agruement because he enjoys baiting people
I'm ask why can't AD bible thumpers members be more tolerant to GLBT members of AD. AllDeaf is suppose to be a safe haven for the entire deaf community. Not just Christian ones.

I'm not trying to continue a arguement. I'm asking a vaild question.
How does sticking up for my GLBT friends make ma a pansy or in your words - a motherfuckin' shit?

"he who lives without sin, cast the first stone".

Why do you throw so many stones Heath? You are a sinner yourself.

I'm asking a real questions. Give me a real answers.
:smoking:

Yea, its sad that they THINKS they OWNS you! You know the hard truth! They don't own you, PERIOD.

Those people are coming here to destroy AD, just like Ravensteve1961. You all old timer ADers have witness and know what it is like. I have warned these people to quit and get their act cleaned up, but unfortunately they continue not to heed the warning and they accused me for causing Ravensteve1961 to be permenantly banned. WHOA! You ADers knows that I have NOTHING to do with loseRS. I asked these guys, "are you sure" and They got upset! Whoa! I think enough is enough!

AJ said:
here's the thing. they are going to believe what the want to believe and they are going to FORCE their beliefs on us until we go crazy. and thats whats happening. i dont know how to fix it. i guess its not going to be fixed

Good Grief my man !!!! All of you know exactly what is going on and do not want to admit it. You are the ones going to cause this thread to be locked. Not me, my conscience is clear and clean. I viewed all of your posts and found them to be false and terrible. You are back on ignore and refer to my post on this thread about clearing up my own name. I hold my peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back