To these people who dont believe Global Warming..

Pole-shift theory also ties in a lot to that project camelot link I posted in the thread about UFOs. There's a lot of strange stuff happening that we may never be able to explain and all we can do is to prepare ourselves as much as possible for whatever may result.

People certainly do have a right to live in ignorance of such things but that will not guarantee their survival.

Thank you for making the point with your attitude. I already made the point regarding US people's attitude toward Global Warming. You have shown it for me.

More Oil Drilling, More Oil Drilling while we are trying to alter the energy sources. Europeans are way ahead of us (Yes, they were THERE for centuries, like 2500 years before we created our own nation, USA. 275 years ago). European nations managed to cut down their dependence on foreign oil in the early years. US is almighty (OMG) depending on foreign oils and they cannnnnnot live without OIL and we are not yet breaking our habits depending on foreign oils. US is the one few nations that cannot live without oil. The history already show how screwed we (offshore oil drilling sites and oil carriers) were with the oil spill outside the US that destroyed the beach animals and affected those beach homes on shores. "Oh, oops! That's the life, we must move on." They cannot admit their mistakes. I am emphasizing that we really need to change our habits, we need to shift our gears over to "green living lifestyle." This lifestyle would lead to reduce the pollution and other bad sorts that affects Global Warming.

Yes, I agree with you on the numbers of the nuclear plants. Unfortunately, US made most mistakes and frequent accidents at unclear plants than any unclear plant in the world. It's well-known records in the public. Don't confuse with those chemical factories in other countries. I am talking about unclear plants, not chemical factories. Europeans have their ways to dump their nuclear wastes. We haven't have a way to dump the wastes, instead we dump into landfills and build the new home community on that lands. It's well-known records in the public. However, We are still grateful that radiation hasn't spilled and affected from our unclear plants and the wastes in the land-fills in the US. Thank Goodness!!

You seem very smart, clever, and educated... would you indulge me.... Can you explain us how often we have wildfire in the southwestern part of the US? It has some impact by the nature. It keep increasing and the nature is really affecting people living there, we are talking about over 50,000 houses burned, that left 50,000 families homeless. Can you explain how terrible hurricanes hit with the powerful blow, that brought us the nightmare of how we can take care of those unfortunate people lost everything, left them homeless? Scientists said it never happened before. US Government was not prepared for any serious impact, such as FEMA. Can you explain why the ocean is getting warmer and warmer, we see sharks, whales, seals almost every day which is not normal. We end up have sea animals dying on the beach frequently in the reports every other week? Can you explain the numbers of tornadoes are increasing every other year? Can you explain the continuity and increment of drought seasons in the southeastern part of the US? Now, they have water crisis. Can you explain the climates changing in the northwestern part of US based on insects migration? (We can tell by the infected forests in the Oregon, Washington, Idaho, even Alaska) Canada is angry with US for not helping to control the insect migration into Canadian forests. They were forced to scorch the forests to stop the insect migration. Can you explain the decline of winter resort businesses due to lack of snow in the mountains? Can you explain that Arizona keep breaking the records of High temperatures?

Oddly, I repeatedly said "warm, warm, warm, warm, warm" in this posting. Would it be clear pointing to Global Warming? I think I made this clear that everything is associated with drought, snow declination, wildfire, warm sea, natural disasters increasing due to warm air, so on.

Would it be Global Warming? or you would say, "oh, that's nothing. That's the part of the life." Would you be concerned for your children's future and their future generation?

This is not my intention to attack you or anyone. This is my intention to promote the education and teach that everything is possible. We can be encouraged to be open minds and see what everybody outside among us has to say about this.

It's very interesting. I notice about countries take care of earth. It's good thing. :) I believe in USA have many landfills. The employee of garbage bins didn't take care of environment. I agree with you. USA need clean up the landfills and pollution.

The stupid people don't care about earth. They threw the food and cigarette butts on ground, road, sidewalk and bins. It's smell terrible. The sewers are dirty!

food and cigarette butts are made from Earth and can be decomposed by Earth. We cannot clean up landfills but we can LIMIT our outputs (the amount of trash we throw out) by reducing our inputs (the amount of resources we use up). beside how do we throw stuff away? Chance is - probably 90% of us have lived on landfills at one point in our life. It's fine. It's perfectly natural. It's just that trash takes centuries to decompose. Look at how we got oil... it took Earth millions of years for dead living things to decomposed into oil.

Yes the sewers are dirty but it's better than good ole' 1800's where they throw it out on street. hence - the bubonic plaque and bunch other plagues.

I want to kindly correct you about countries taking care of earth. it's the countries taking care of their IMMEDIATE surroundings, not Earth.

High oil prices? massive traffic jams? easy cheap solution: electric tiny cars.
High oil prices? long winter? easy cheap solution: properly insulate your home and seal all the air leaks and install "greenhouse" windows.

those are effective solutions only for your IMMEDIATE surrounding but those are NOTHING useful for Earth because those solutions require resources that needed to be manufactured. if you want to be green friendly - just do what Adam and Eve used to do. :cool2:

I don't see your point, if there even is one.

It's a joke because the news are calling it climate change and not global warming due to some parts are getting colder and not hotter.

Like here I am having 41* night in late October when we normally have these cold night in December and maybe late November.

Oh wait we had this kind of weather in the 80's! They was preaching the global warming/global freezing back then and it's been over 20 yrs now and it hasn't changed much.

Over the time of actual records of temp that we have of the weather, it has only increased in a average of 1* in 150 yrs. WOW! I really feel that 1* different, don't you! I better put my sunblock on and take my jacket off! LOL!!!

and thank you for good discussion as well. :cool2: I'm always happy to be involved in this Global Warming debate because i find it quite interesting to see each other's POV about it.

My rebuttal to your post -

1. Pretty much ALL nations live on oil. It's just that we're a huge nation. Huge nation = huge demand for oil. It's not fair to compare USA to any other country. Just don't forget that European countries completely raped the Earth far worse than America. Back in old history - England depleted its land of trees for firewood and aggressively used coal power which resulted in horrible smogs and stillbirths. Europeans conquered other nations for its resources and depleted it as well. America learned from European's demise which is why we have far more beautiful lands than any other WELL-DEVELOPED countries. Europe has nearly non-existent viable agricultural land. Spain has a VERY few remaining arable agricultural land but it's shrinking smaller and smaller as its soil nutrition are being drained. That land's changing into salt field.

2. I'm not sure why you're targeting your anger toward to America. You make it sound like we Americans are contributing to global warming and don't do squat about environment. Well I don't know about you but we don't have Yellow River, smogs like China, cars that spew dirty black smokes, etc. As far as I'm concerned - we're very anal about regulations and we're quick to learn from mistakes.... unlike other nations like China and India. Good gracious... how do people live like that in such horrid conditions... Thanks God we Americans can never let it happen in here and if it does - we fight for it. They didn't. You should be shaking your finger :nono: at China. I mean c'mon... 2 billion china men... vs. 300 million Yankees... who do you think is causing more damage?

3. you claim that USA made more nuclear power plant accidents than any other nuclear plants in the world? :hmm: that's weird.... link? yes we did have Three Miles Island (it's 3 hours from me) but nobody was hurt or killed or injured or even gotten sick by it.

4. We store most of our nuclear wastes at Yucca Mountain and it's kept secured enough from damaging our environment. It's stored sufficiently safe enough for future genius minds to figure out how to dispose it efficiently. I doubt Russia, India, China, etc. can do any better than this :lol:

5. What does wildfire in Southwestern USA has to do with global warming? it's just an act of nature that has been doing this for millions of years. You know... lightning hits the tree... boom... it creates fire... Earth's being doing same old same old for millions of years. This has nothing to do with current global warming.

6. Increased frequency of hurricanes/tornado has nothing to do with global warming. the experts actually called it a natural phenomenon. they actually have not made an official statement of linking this to global warming. NONE. Just because it never happened before doesn't mean it never did. We just didn't exist there to witness it. Beside.... we were on Earth just a couple hundred thousand years and Earth is what? 4.5 billion years old? give or take a few millions. What about Ice Age? Oh was that Global Cooling caused by cavemen?

oh about high frequency of tornado? It's because we plowed our land flat (especially China)... thus creating a perfect recipe to create tornado. Hundred miles of flat land with no obstacles (no mountain, no tree, nothing) = perfect recipe for tornado. Solution? Just put in bunch of thick trees to serve as barrier to slow down the wind from building up the speed and strength. It worked pretty well. Chinese planted thousands of it already and it has proven a result in reducing the numbers of tornado aka dust storm. Again - NOTHING to do with global warming.

7. we're seeing whales, seals, sharks everyday that we're not supposed to? uh.. i don't know about you but there are nearly 7 billion people and we're in the places where we're not supposed to be. Ever seen Dubai Islands? I'm sure the animals weren't pleased about our intrusions into their environment. Don't they wish they have guns for human culling? :laugh2:

8. Sea animals dying on beach frequently every other week? Well I don't know what's more alarming to you - some 5-10? dead polar bears drowning to death per week.... or 500 deaths from DUI per week. :dunno:

9. Water Crisis and Drought... maybe because there are too many people and no water conservation policy at that time. Either way - we quickly learned from it and adapted a new law/policy/practice. and I wouldn't worry about the drought in USA. we have frequent raining that will replenish our water... no problem. I pity Aussies... sorry

10. Insects Migrations? What does that have to do with global warming? What about 2 billion china men? they're invading all over the lands!! what should we do??? oh wait - they have enforced One-Child-Per-Family Policy. Whew! :laugh2:

It seems that you're confused about the definition of "Global Warming" and its cause & effect. Obviously - it is simply defined as "the world is getting hotter" but the cause-and-effect has not been determined yet. not one OFFICIAL statement has been issued to link global warming to mankind. There is a CONSENSUS agreement within governments, scientific communities and experts that global warming is a NATURAL PHENOMENON but they do RECOGNIZE the needs to adopt green-friendly approach just to make their IMMEDIATE surrounding area cleaner.

That is all. That is the fact. What you speak of are misconceptions and propaganda by tree-huggers - not a lie but half-truth being taken out of context.

I know this is very hard for you to grasp this as natural phenomenon but I can tell you that I had same problem before. After I obtained a geography degree... everything makes so much better sense. If you want to - you should take an opportunity to learn this from knowledgeable geography professors to fully understand the complicated intrinsic system of Earth and the relationship with nature and humanity. Yes I have seen Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" and yes he made some impressive, persuasive presentation with some nice bell and whistles. Unfortunately - he gave you a "Half-Truth." My professor did enjoy it and chuckled about it. He gave us lengthy lectures on it to correct its misconceptions and half-truths. Mind you - he is a tree-hugger as well but he believes in facts. He did say that mankind does contribute to global warming but at very very very very very MINUSCULE part. He did acknowledge that there is no direct link between mankind and Global Warming.

Seek the truth! Learn about Earth! :cool2:

Seek the truth! Learn about Earth! :cool2:

If most people do "green" things simply out of fear of global warming...

THEN BRING IT ON!!!

Sad how nowadays the mass of people do things out of fear rather than knowledge!!

Can you explain me why you dont believe it?

:hmm: I am curious about your point of views..

It shocks me when I found out that there are many people out there dont believe it.. It made me wondering why you/they are thinking that way..

Yes, I'm totally surprised that some people don't beleive that humans are cause global warming including Palin. :eek3:

:gpost: Endy

Thank you, you have strengthened my points! Perfect!

Your rebuttal just helped my intention on my recent postings better. It does not matter whether you have a geography degree or your professor said things about Al Gore.

Scientists have master degrees in science. They have been on researches for years to pass to receive PH.D. Numerous of Scientists have PHD in their possessions. By the way, Al Gore is the professor, too. United Nation Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Changes (IPCC) and Al Gore wrote the book on global warming and climate changes that won the Nobel Peace Prize. Anto Caputo won Risser Prize on his environmental journal reports on Climate Changes. Dr. Lorius of France and Professor Goldemberg of Brazil won Blue Planet Prize on Climate Changes. Ross Gelbspan is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, author of two books on global warming. There are so many organizations such as Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Changes (IPCC) under United Nations (UN), World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). Oh boy, I wish I can go on. The facts are that they did their homework, they did their projects for years, they did their researches, and they did study.

Can you beat them on climate changes and global warming after they studied for years until today?

I have seen Al Gore's film documentary. Not just this one, I have seen hundreds of film documentaries through PBS, Discovery, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Geographical Society, and more. I was told that there are countless of film documentaries that directors and producers have done.

Your response was well-done research in one-evening study. I am impressed! And you are right that this is very hard for me to grasp your response upon the natural phenomenon.

Your words vs. those winning authors and elected representatives at UN, WMO and UNEP.

Again, thank you.

pole shift

I don't see your point, if there even is one.
I been studying pole shift theory past couple years, with negative's but in my mind now, im positive pole shift makes sense..

Blimey Uk at moment is rediculous,near end of October and im still in a t-shirt, not natural at all. Im normally scraping my windscreen, getting rid of ice, with gloves on warm jumper and coat.....Oh Noooo its only sunny and warm, never saw a summer, well saw 1 week i think it was, when it was HOT HOT. Everything is haywire, gone loopy...

The earth revolves around the sun. If anything, the earth would move closer to the sun. The sun can't move closer to a planet.

Actually sun is not moving closer as in changing location. As time passes sun expands. In 4 billion years all inner planets will be swallowed by the sun. So the sun is not changing its location towards the earth, but it's diameter is getting bigger. Getting really affected by it will take billions of years though.

-

Last edited:
It is inevitable. No one can stop it. No one can change it. It gets worse each year. The world will end as we know it.

Actually its not moving closer as in changing location. As time passes sun expands. In 4 billion years all inner planets will be swallowed by the sun. So the sun is not changing its location towards the earth, but it's diameter is getting bigger. Getting really affected by it will take billions of years though.

-

Universe is a fluidic living thing. Nothing is fixed. Everything grows and dies. The Earth's orbit does not move in fixed line.

food and cigarette butts are made from Earth and can be decomposed by Earth. We cannot clean up landfills but we can LIMIT our outputs (the amount of trash we throw out) by reducing our inputs (the amount of resources we use up). beside how do we throw stuff away? Chance is - probably 90% of us have lived on landfills at one point in our life. It's fine. It's perfectly natural. It's just that trash takes centuries to decompose. Look at how we got oil... it took Earth millions of years for dead living things to decomposed into oil.

Yes the sewers are dirty but it's better than good ole' 1800's where they throw it out on street. hence - the bubonic plaque and bunch other plagues.

I want to kindly correct you about countries taking care of earth. it's the countries taking care of their IMMEDIATE surroundings, not Earth.

High oil prices? massive traffic jams? easy cheap solution: electric tiny cars.
High oil prices? long winter? easy cheap solution: properly insulate your home and seal all the air leaks and install "greenhouse" windows.

those are effective solutions only for your IMMEDIATE surrounding but those are NOTHING useful for Earth because those solutions require resources that needed to be manufactured. if you want to be green friendly - just do what Adam and Eve used to do. :cool2:

You got good posts both 43 and 45. I want to be green friendly. I used to clean up the landfill in black people's neighborhood from my school. It was on Earth Day. I learned about recycles at school.

I agree with you about Gore's half truth. He tried to scare us. :roll:

I am wonder. Who is the responsible to handle with America's environment?

(...)

We actually are not doing anything to earth itself. All the talk about "destroying the earth" actually means destroying the habitable conditions that suitable for human. The fact that we are producing output that is dangerous for human life is undeniable, regardless of the causes of global warming. I think all these "lets save earth" talk confuses the people. They feel like they should do something not beneficial for themselves in order to save something called "nature". Earth doesnt need to be saved. Save earth actually means "save the habitable conditions earth is providing human at the moment". Besides that neither earth nor green needs for our help or friendliness . All we need to do is being friendly to ourselves.

It's a joke because the news are calling it climate change and not global warming due to some parts are getting colder and not hotter.

(...)

Over the time of actual records of temp that we have of the weather, it has only increased in a average of 1* in 150 yrs. WOW! I really feel that 1* different, don't you! I better put my sunblock on and take my jacket off! LOL!!!

Its a balancing act. If some parts of earth is getting warmer other parts will get colder. If this balance moves one degree C* towards warmer side than you can say the globe is getting warmer. Even the couple degree of change in global temperature reflects local climates as hotter summers, colder winters, more frequent storms and shifting of seasons. As it gets warmer , it will get worse, and to your surprise it will trigger ice age at the end.

Hmm how can it happen, we were getting sunblocks for global warming and now we found ourselves in ice age? :hmm:

Universe is a fluidic living thing. Nothing is fixed. Everything grows and dies. The Earth's orbit does not move in fixed line.

Yes, when I said "it doesnt change its location, but expands", I was talking about Sun. They both are correct, the planetary orbits change over time and sun is also getting warmer. We are talking about very long time periods here compared to human life though.

-

Yeah but who is the idea to take care of American's environment? Like president, governor, mayor, senator, and government???

Anybody. Even Joe the Plumber :cool2: You can take initiation for your household and perhaps to educate your neighbors. But I guess you're talking about EPA - Environmental Protection Agency. Their responsibility is to protect our environment.

Joe the Jerkwad probably dumps cigarette butts and beer cans all over his lawn.

If he wanted to be authentic, he would.

Thank you, you have strengthened my points! Perfect!

Your rebuttal just helped my intention on my recent postings better. It does not matter whether you have a geography degree or your professor said things about Al Gore.

Scientists have master degrees in science. They have been on researches for years to pass to receive PH.D. Numerous of Scientists have PHD in their possessions. By the way, Al Gore is the professor, too. United Nation Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Changes (IPCC) and Al Gore wrote the book on global warming and climate changes that won the Nobel Peace Prize. Anto Caputo won Risser Prize on his environmental journal reports on Climate Changes. Dr. Lorius of France and Professor Goldemberg of Brazil won Blue Planet Prize on Climate Changes. Ross Gelbspan is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, author of two books on global warming. There are so many organizations such as Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Changes (IPCC) under United Nations (UN), World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). Oh boy, I wish I can go on. The facts are that they did their homework, they did their projects for years, they did their researches, and they did study.

Can you beat them on climate changes and global warming after they studied for years until today?

Actually no. None of my statements reaffirmed your post. You simply demonstrated a lack of understanding in Earth's complex system. If e=mc2 was that simple to understand, then we wouldn't need physicists or Albert Einstein in the first place, right? If Earth was that simple to understand, then we wouldn't need these scientists to explain it to us, don't we? Things are not a simple "cause-and-effect" as you think.

Let's get one thing straight -
1. my professor is the ph.d expert in this matter and has over 30 years of experience in this and has written books.
2. Your "Al Gore" who you love so much is not a professor of geography nor an expert in this matter nor has any degree/ph.d/etc. in this matter either. He is simply a "visiting professor" for Columbia University's School of Journalism. That is hardly a qualification for his so-called expertise in Earth.
3. Anton Caputo is a reporter. not an expert.
4. Dr. Claude Lorius is a glaciologist. You completely misunderstood his work. He did not stated a direct link of mankind and global warming. He merely provided substantial data of environmental changes by using ice core drilling. He quoted
“Carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations, for example,” explained Claude Lorius, “increased by 40 % during the last deglaciation, while methane gas (CH4) levels doubled.” Naturally, it would be impossible to attribute this yo-yo effect to human activity: "Fluctuations in CO2 levels are regulated by the oceans through a variety of physical, chemical and biological processes. Living organisms do play a role in climatic changes. For hundreds of thousands of years, the temperatures and the concentrations of aerosols and greenhouse gases have varied between relatively constant minimum and maximum levels. The Earth’s climate is naturally self-regulating, varying between these two well-defined stable states.” But we must admit that “current greenhouse gas levels are unprecedented, higher than anything measured for hundreds of thousands of years, and directly linked to man’s impact on the atmosphere. The conclusions reached from a study of glacial archives lend credence to the assertion that the planet has warmed considerably throughout the 21st century, with potentially dire consequences on water supplies, agriculture, health, biodiversity, and in a broader sense, the man’s living conditions.”

**green font - It can be easily misunderstood but it is his personal concern promoting an awareness, not his professional opinion. That is not his official claim saying that global warming is directly linked to men.

5. Ross Gelbspan is merely a writer and a tree-hugging activist. Again - he is not an expert in this matter. Just because I write an article on medical procedure does not automatically qualify me as a surgeon nor medical professional.

Conclusion - You clearly misunderstood the scientists' works. Your "knowledge" is based on non-experts' interpretation like Al Gore and reporters. My knowledge is based on experts' lengthy lectures & textbooks and 4 years of study in geography. it's ok. of course... what average person can understand scientists' mumble-jumble works? That's why people like Al Gore and reporters interpret it to their way that makes sense to average people even though if it's just half-truth. What I'm telling you is a FULL-truth. If average people can easily understand the whole thing, well then... there are no need for experts like climatologist, geographer, or glaciologist, don't we?

I have seen Al Gore's film documentary. Not just this one, I have seen hundreds of film documentaries through PBS, Discovery, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Geographical Society, and more. I was told that there are countless of film documentaries that directors and producers have done.

Your response was well-done research in one-evening study. I am impressed! And you are right that this is very hard for me to grasp your
response upon the natural phenomenon.

my response is based on 4 years of study, not 1-evening :lol:. I'm curious - what's yours?

Your words vs. those winning authors and elected representatives at UN, WMO and UNEP.

Again, thank you.

Those award-winning authors and elected representatives have absolutely ZERO qualification and expertise and knowledge in this matter. They simply talk good enough for politicians and citizens to understand. At best - they increased awareness but sadly.... with half-truth. It's ok.

I say, we ban Cigerettes, Oil, Alcohol, and Bush's family from USA. We would become the Utopia!

Back