to deaf women

do you have good times with hearing men?

• totally yeah

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • good

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • not bad

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • no way

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U

ultrasexy

i'm wondering have you date hearing men? i haven't date anyone before but just want to know about your experiences. pro and con. :kiss:

:wave: UltraSexy,

I have. I don't think I will date a hearin' men ever again. I prefer deaf rather than hearin' for communication reason. :)

I put down yes because I've dated a few hearing men before -- also have dated deaf ones as well. ;) Right now, I'm married to a hearing bloke. :)

The pros and cons -- ti really varies from relationship to relationship, really. Of course, the major con is the communication mode, but I've heard of some overcoming that obstacle. ;)

even tho I am a lesbian, but at my college... I was practially the only deaf there and a guy asked me out... whoa... I was flattered only went on one date, but I also had hearing gfs... they're ok, but yeah not very good with communication. Right now I've got a deaf gf and we're doing great so far. :) So, like few comments that were made, it depends on from relationship to relationship :)

Be Honest for this, I had date with alot of deaf mens in the past and i don't compare who is better but the personal and love is the best way to look at, It's doesn't matter if this person is deaf or hearing, but if somebody who is a hearing who willing to learning the sign language that would more intersting to date if other like that they probably want to brianwash, or do anything for short term so it's not worth.. but for me Im lesbian I love to be lesbian I had also date with deaf and hearing girls tooo, they are very vairies and can't compare of it. Right now I have a better deaf girlfriend...

men qq blahh -- ive dated a hearie woman and gawd it was a relationship from H E L L!!!! i personally prefer deaf women

I'm married to a hearing man. I was brought up in the hearing world, and I don't know anyone who is deaf. (except for the people I am reading here.) I feel like I am a burden sometimes with my constant "what did you say?" or "what did that person say?" Sometimes, I can see the irritation on my husband's face because I say what too much. Sometimes he forgets I can't hear and doesn't bother to speak to me in a way for me to see what he is saying. It is very frustrating and stressful to me.

I have dated hearing guy.. I like them better. I dont know why. perhap its because I grew up in hearing world half of my life. nearly 75% of time Im around hearing people. I dated deaf guys from 7th grade to 8th grade. then hearing guys freshman year to senior (first half). then I finally date 1 deaf guy during my senior year.. it was a mistake to start with. turn out hes a pyscho stalker. since senior year 2001 to now. Ive dated hearing guys... only 1 hearing guy I dated, he knew ASL fluently, and had deaf relatives. so... It wouldnt matter to me who I date. hearing or deaf. black, white, etc. I just find that I like dating hearing guys better, cuz of intelligent, and better english. I sometime find it hard to talk to deaf people on tty, on instant message or email. cuz their english arent so good, and they keep misunderstanding me, or get frustrated with me when I ask them if they meant this, and that. to clear it up so I understand what they are trying to say to me. Im not good at changing my sentences from english to ASL. I dont mean it as a insult. just the fact that a lot deaf people dont really have a good english. Im deaf, my english isnt 100% good as hearing people does. Im still single. Wouldnt mind dating deaf guy... hopefully that get along with me, and are somewhat intelligent. :)

~Kiz

I have dated quite a lot of hearing guys. Ive never dated with a deaf person YET!! Like what other ADers said in here, maybe it was the reason I grew up w hearing people around me all of my life, AND for some reasons, I like to date with hearing guys, because of variety and I find it challenging to chat with one to one, than with deaf guy.
Most of the times I communicated with them via paper and pen. It can be really frustrating at both parties and other times can be fun.
Only one guy, who was my lover at that time, learnt to sign a bit for me.
At the moment, I am seeing a guy and we communicated really really well than the other guys Ive dated. I hope to teach him some basic signs...

~sharlie~

I've dated both hearing and deaf men, and have had a good time with both. I don't see communication as a problem with either side...

As of right now, I'm married to a hearing (and coffee) man. :-D

I have dated with hearing man and he is trep in long time ago! :) Everything is twisted after I finished High School so I let it go! Now, I am chase grow-up girls. :lol:

yea i dated hearing men many time when i was young 16 to 20 stopped then i met my ex hubby was HOH... that how.. but right now i am lesbian!!!! whoooo whoooo!! i love women! :)

Back