(To Deaf) How do you feel about ASL song interpretations.

maitlynann

Reaction score
Lately, I've noticed several (I mean SEVERAL) ASL Song Interpretations on YouTube, which were made by hearing people. And I've noticed that it is not correct interpretation (SE) How do you guys feel about this? :ty:

ASL Song Interpretations makes me :zzz:

That is the most accurate description I could come up with... Every time someone comes here and posts, "HEY, come look at my song video I did in ASL!" I die a little of boredom inside... I don't even go watch it... I just die inside purely of knowing someone else out there did another one...

images

emoticon-2.jpg

I am Deaf and I love interpreting music and poetry. But that is just me! I don't like hearing student transliterations very much, but I have seen some excellent interpreters perform songs in ASL very well!

What would y'all suggest a hearing person do to make song interpretations more interesting and less repulsive?

What would y'all suggest a hearing person do to make song interpretations more interesting and less repulsive?

Be good. Use ASL and don't transliterate. Play around with sign choice and meaning. Use appropriate facial expression and keep in time to the music.

Back