Tinnitus alarm clock

MCB

Reaction score
Odd, but does anyone else's brain do this:

Nearly every morning, at around 6:30, I wake up to the sound of my specialized telephone ringing. It is not my phone, but tinnitus. Previously, I had a cellphone, and my internal alarm was the sound of that phone.

Not weird. Our brains are amazing things.

I have an internal clock that generally wakes me up around the same time every morning.

My tinnitus does sometime sound like a telephone among other noises. It doesn't happen at a certain time like your. Funny thing, recently my wife hung some bells on the back door so she can hear when the dogs open the backroom door. I cannot hear the bells but ever since then my brain is making the sound of bells when I go into the backroom - I am not even touching the door but my head is ringing. Very odd and and somewhat funny.

I have been on a site call tinnitustalk. I am surprised by how many people there post about their anxiety and panic over their tinnitus. I have always found the assortment of noises fascinating. So...maybe I am just weird too in a different way.

All my life I had deafness and noises in my ears. Sometimes they are loud. I never had an alarm clock or telephone...As a matter of fact I wish I did...I would not oversleep, and miss calls.

But, I hear "Woooing" sounds, steady high pitched whistling types of sounds, humming (like a machine running)...Like Zephren, the sounds never bothered me....They are certainly inconvenient at times.

I had a CI last month...So I am getting used to that. It is not really that great (perhaps with adjustments it will be)...But, now in that ear I now have a new set of sounds when I am not wearing the thing...Like when I wash my ear with a cloth, I hear another type of "Woooooo"..I imagine it is the wire being juggled in the cochlear and causing it...though when I asked Doctor, he said it is not common, but possible.

So, I am actually now living in a stereo world of noises...New sounds from the CI and the old sounds in the other ear (which is also profoundly deaf).

And it is no big deal...

All my life I had deafness and noises in my ears. Sometimes they are loud. I never had an alarm clock or telephone...As a matter of fact I wish I did...I would not oversleep, and miss calls.

But, I hear "Woooing" sounds, steady high pitched whistling types of sounds, humming (like a machine running)...Like Zephren, the sounds never bothered me....They are certainly inconvenient at times.

I had a CI last month...So I am getting used to that. It is not really that great (perhaps with adjustments it will be)...But, now in that ear I now have a new set of sounds when I am not wearing the thing...Like when I wash my ear with a cloth, I hear another type of "Woooooo"..I imagine it is the wire being juggled in the cochlear and causing it...though when I asked Doctor, he said it is not common, but possible.

So, I am actually now living in a stereo world of noises...New sounds from the CI and the old sounds in the other ear (which is also profoundly deaf).

And it is no big deal...
If you had the surgery a month ago, you may still have fluid in your ear which could cause the woooo

I have the opposite problem. A lot of nights I go to bed and will hear bells ringing or even a phone ringing. The noise is so clear, that it seems as if it's even in the same room as I am. I find it quite frustrating since I am trying to sleep!

I have the opposite problem. A lot of nights I go to bed and will hear bells ringing or even a phone ringing. The noise is so clear, that it seems as if it's even in the same room as I am. I find it quite frustrating since I am trying to sleep!
I am currently struggling with sciatica, and must take a nap in the afternoon, and get this, then, too. At ten PM I am too tired and drugged for that to bother me.

Not weird. Our brains are amazing things.

I have an internal clock that generally wakes me up around the same time every morning.
Same here. That's why you always see me about 5 am! I would much rather sleep in, however.

If you had the surgery a month ago, you may still have fluid in your ear which could cause the woooo

Yes, you make a good point...I have the "wooing" with some things I now do (And yes, it appears to be now from the surgery) - It happens sometimes at night, when I roll over on that side. Also when I wash my ear (with a wash cloth), the wooing starts-up...

It comes and goes....It really does not bother me......

Interesting post!...I, too,, have an internal clock...LOL...example is that if I have an appt. early AM. it's on my mind when I go to bed. For some reason or the other...I get a "tap" on my shoulder an hour or so before the appt. time! It's very strange...

Back