Time Travel

justagirl

Reaction score
If you could go back in time and visit, where would you go?

I would like to visit the 50's or maybe even the 30's - 40's as my husband and I like to swing dance and jitterbug. We love big band music and just about all the "rock and roll" dance music from the 50's is amazing!

I wish clubbing had the same meaning as it did back that. Men and women would get dressed up for a night on the town, and go dance. Nowadays, we don't do that at all we just wear as little as possible to go out "dancing". Someone needs to make a 30's - 50's land...we can include the 20's in there to...flappers were neat.

But I would also say I would love to see the 1300 - 1500's because I would love to see all the beautiful buildings being made and I think the clothing style was really interesting. Although lack of hygiene is enough to kill that thought.

So where would you go and why?

PS - soooooo glad I missed the 60's and 70's!

Wirelessly posted

Turn of the century 1900s just before cars came out.

If you could go back in time and visit, where would you go?

I would like to visit the 50's or maybe even the 30's - 40's as my husband and I like to swing dance and jitterbug. We love big band music and just about all the "rock and roll" dance music from the 50's is amazing!

I wish clubbing had the same meaning as it did back that. Men and women would get dressed up for a night on the town, and go dance. Nowadays, we don't do that at all we just wear as little as possible to go out "dancing". Someone needs to make a 30's - 50's land...we can include the 20's in there to...flappers were neat.

But I would also say I would love to see the 1300 - 1500's because I would love to see all the beautiful buildings being made and I think the clothing style was really interesting. Although lack of hygiene is enough to kill that thought.

So where would you go and why?

PS - soooooo glad I missed the 60's and 70's!

It was like that every time the Squirrel Nut Zippers came to town. There are swing clubs if you look for them. I have outgrown it though - but in my 20's ... my mom taught me to dance right after I learned to walk. :lol:

If I had a time machine .. where would I go? :hmm:

I have always been curious as to why Wooly Mammoths died with undigested vegetative matter in their bowels, and then were flash frozen. They even died with grass in their mouth ... it was like ... chew, chew, chew .... FREEZE!!!!

How did that happen? Perfectly frozen within a couple of hours - otherwise there would have been decay, and the enzymes/bacteria in their bowels would have broken down the vegetative matter. The temperature would have had to have dropped dramatically, all of a sudden.

Its a mystery :hmm:

However, if I traveled back in time to watch what happened, I don't think I would survive to tell about it ... maybe it will always remain a mystery. Unless I had some other kind of fanciful machine that protected me from the fallout while I watched ???

Maybe I should just stick to a safe date in history. (((thinking)))

Ok, ok, the day before a major megamillion jackpot winning numbers are announced. :cool2:

Nah .. that would be greedy and would not help society out in general. Plus, having all that money would probably hurt me and not help at all. You know, in-laws calling me asking for money, people I had never ever met, asking for donations to an obscure charity. Then, I would have OWS protesters trashing my front yard and torching my neighbor's cars ... probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Perhaps I could go back to December 6, 1941 and warn the President about the attack on Pearl Harbor? But how would I be able to convince him I was telling the truth? Would I have to bring something from the future to convince him? What could I bring? Would the secret service of the time even allow me anywhere near the President? Or would they think I was insane and have me lobotomized?

Probably not a good idea either ....

I think I would rather go forward into the future, then come back and write a book about it.

There's so many things to see! I always thought it'd be cool to see Roman and Greek architecture when it was in it's prime. As well as Easter Island and Stonehenge. I've got a couple of things to tell younger me, too. If I'll listen. I can't think of another time period I'd rather live in. I think I'm a little too early now.

There's so many things to see! I always thought it'd be cool to see Roman and Greek architecture when it was in it's prime. As well as Easter Island and Stonehenge. I've got a couple of things to tell younger me, too. If I'll listen. I can't think of another time period I'd rather live in. I think I'm a little too early now.

That is so true, there are things that I wish I could go back and tell my younger self. *sigh*

It would be amazing to see all those thing..think of Pompeii!

If I had a time machine .. where would I go? :hmm:

I have always been curious as to why Wooly Mammoths died with undigested vegetative matter in their bowels, and then were flash frozen. They even died with grass in their mouth ... it was like ... chew, chew, chew .... FREEZE!!!!

How did that happen? Perfectly frozen within a couple of hours - otherwise there would have been decay, and the enzymes/bacteria in their bowels would have broken down the vegetative matter. The temperature would have had to have dropped dramatically, all of a sudden.

Its a mystery :hmm:

That would be fascinating to find out! I've always wondered the same thing. It must have been something like that movie "Day After Tomorrow".

ahhhhhhh the lindy hop and american swing great dances....i baby in the 50.the 60's not bad decade the beatles the pill men on the moon..70's time forgot.80'powerful women more equallity sadly h.i.v.90' i have to think about 20000 onwards shame on us

I would stole from the robber who hide gold/diamond which never been recover. Perfect to cover the timeline.

Year 33 A.D. I want to catch a guy and ask him some questions.

I would love to time travel to meet celebrities of their days or at least see them close enough for me just to shake hands with people in between them and I.

I would love to time travel to film many things and to show people of our time to understand what was happening like why Wooly Mammoths all of sudden froze like that. Or all the mysteries such as how Marliyn Monroe died, catch Oswald at the schoolhouse pointing, the 9/11, the most recent 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.

Sure, I would also want to warn but the side effect as they call it.. can cause a problem.. ripple effect. It is called the "Shoot Granny Effect". You go back in time to shoot your grandmother to death long before she had your mother and in effect, you will cease to exist the very moment.

I also want to film other historical finding such as why dinosaurs and mammoths disappeared, The start o fthe Great Flood, Sodom and Gomaorrah (for sure I would not watch it but let my camera film the moments God destruct that forbidden city.

I would need to make many groups of people gasp.

I also would want to get things brought back.. like awesome Roman soldier uniform, The Knights Templar's, and last few decades' clothings. I would also want to go grocery shopping in past few decades so I can save money.. stupid today's world! I would also get cars I always wanted.. by buying them in the past and brought them to today's world.. The 57's, the Mustangs, the flying chicken Trans Ams, the 37's... the 1977 GMC Motorhomes, etc.

Hee hee. Top of all is original Holy Bible! :D

For the past, there are so many things I would like to see, but Rome during the time of Agustus would be interesting.

For the future, I'd go forward to the next century.

I'm an optimist, sarcastic yes, but still an optimist.

I think I would have to say that #1 I would follow The Doctor anywhere in his TARDIS...

BUT I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to visit the library at Alexandria in its peak. To get a chance to study the "greats" in their own hand writing. I still get pissed off thinking of all that knowledge and art that is now lost to us...

There is one that I completely forgot to add...I would love to go back and see ancient Egypt. I love Egyptology and I can't get enough of it. I would love to see the pyramids and all the wonders that were Egypt at that time.

maybe go back in the 1700-1800 and meet some of those famous writers...Grimms, fairy tale writer, Shelly something (who wrote frankenstein) and talk to them see what the hells they been thinking or where did they get those ideas...maybe you'd freak them out but telling them what you 'know' from the future and use that play things as your experiment go back to future see if novols have changed or see if our future "present' is more advanced or worse? lol
inventors, scientists are the bastards I'd wanna talk to...not religious freaks..oh id wanna witness some witch hunting days how those fanatics chopped heads off in public, burning witches..and bring along a video camera, interview the accusors...but be guarded by some hired kung fu masters to help me along the time travel...

it'd be fucking dangerous...to make those time-travel documentaries lol

hell some car factors , testers back in the 40's 60's lol...talk to Mr Ferrari would be fun too id bet....

past penthouse pets too...brothels owners in the wild west 1800's...would be fun too

christopher columbs, leonard da vinci is the one real character is wanna follow him around, watch him paint, draw, ask him whats he thinking about...

maybe i'd fiddle with his ideas to say what about flying boat lol
..again hop back to the 'changed future' see what planes looked like, lkie all airports are that the moorings instead, runaways are all on water??

that sort of think would be hilirious to see, better yet fantastic...

but then again...parrellal universe (aka Fringe) might have those already?!? who knows..

I think I'd also LOVE to visit some of the famous painters in history. Van Gogh, Rembrant....etc....and then come home and visit paintings of myself in art galleries...

Hey...don't judge me...LOL

I would go back a billion years... then go step on a butterfly. ;)

I would love to go back to the 1920s and see the truly modern age get underway. I think it would need to be the LATE 1920s, as I'm not sure how I'd cope with prohibition (both in the US and Canada) when faced with all the parties and music!

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Old West of the 1870s and ancient Rome and China at their peak, though I suspect the latter (along with Japan) would be wary of a Caucasian person!

Failing that, I'd happily go back and enlist to fly in World War 1. Billy Bishop is one of my heroes and even if I only lasted 20 minutes I would love to see it all.

That is so true, there are things that I wish I could go back and tell my younger self. *sigh*

It would be amazing to see all those thing..think of Pompeii!

:laugh2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows.

Back