Thousands sign petition calling for end to '19 Kids and Counting' over gay fear

Good and I hope the petition is successful!

Why didn't anyone do a petition to stop her from having more than 10 kids... years ago?

Is there more to this story? I didn't read anything in the linked quote by Duggar that said anything about hating gay people.

Thank you for the link.

I didn't read anything hateful there either.

Action can be stronger than words , they took down a photo a gay men kissing . I know it's their web site but that was clear they do not approve of people being gay .

Yeah, the Duggars pulled the photo of gay couple kissing on the Duggars Facebook page. I think the gay guy posted the photo made the point that he was married and announced that he loves his partner and supports marriage equality after that Jessa and Ben as a married couple posted the pic of themselves kissing.

I've never watched the show. I've read some of the articles. That and this. I admit that I applaud for them not to receive any government financials, but there is only one thing I really don't get. My understand is that Bob and Michelle Duggar don't allow their children to watch TV yet the Duggars keep receiving money just being on the TV. That sounds hypocrite to me.

Action can be stronger than words , they took down a photo a gay men kissing . I know it's their web site but that was clear they do not approve of people being gay .
That's not the same as hating someone.

This is likely the other reason why the petition is also circulating.

I don't know if their 'hate' shows through but it seems that they are against both gay and trans* folks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html

The oldest son is also working at Family Research Center which has been deemed by many to be anti-gay (though I'm not sure why people are throwing that into the reason for the petition...I am not a fan of organizations like these but what jobs people take is their own business).

Not sure how successful the petition will be- most times they aren't plus if I recall there was one for the Duck Dynasty huballo but they are still on the air. I don't care if the Duggars want or have a tv show (I suppose for income to take care of all them babies) but I do tire of hearing about them.

Yeah, the Duggars pulled the photo of gay couple kissing on the Duggars Facebook page. I think the gay guy posted the photo made the point that he was married and announced that he loves his partner and supports marriage equality after that Jessa and Ben as a married couple posted the pic of themselves kissing.

I've never watched the show. I've read some of the articles. That and this. I admit that I applaud for them not to receive any government financials, but there is only one thing I really don't get. My understand is that Bob and Michelle Duggar don't allow their children to watch TV yet the Duggars keep receiving money just being on the TV. That sounds hypocrite to me.

that does sound very hypocrite to me too . I found their blog and they sound very weird to me . They 'blanket train ' their kids. WTF!

really short description-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanket_training

interesting perspective--
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejo...pted-lives-my-concerns-about-the-duggars.html

What I'm curious about is if they are of the mind that the older children pretty much raise the younger ones- what will happen when the current youngest gets older- I'm pretty sure at some point Michelle D will not be able to have more babies. Betting that if the daughters (and future daughter in laws) have children the Duggar younguns' will be assisting raising their nieces and nephews. I also always thought that all the kids would be living near their parents for the rest of their lives so it was interesting to see that Josh moved to DC for a job.

General post for folks:

This is what I found in the article and I'm not responsible for their typos (only my own):

Update: The Duggars have thrown massive amounts of money to repeal this law so business owners and land lords can evict and fire people solely over gender idenity and sexual orientation! They need to be taken off the air!
Michelle Duggar of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting is warning Fayetteville residents that transgender people are child predators and that the law will somehow protect that predatory behavior.
Her recorded robocall says:
"Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children."
"The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes I said men – to use womens and girls restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. "
Duggar words reek of ignroance and fear mongering. Just because someone is transgendered doesn't mean they are a child predator or a rapist. The claim that this ordinance would provide predators with access to women's restrooms in order to assault or leer at girls or women is nothing more than fear-mongering and spreading ignornace and hatred.

That's really the essence of what kept the LGBT down and hidden for many years.
Let me draw an analogy from real life. Many years after graduating high school, where I had a kind of a friend - we gave tutoring lessons at a local orphanage. We both went on to marry. "She" landed in an odd situation with MS with a husband. Ultimately, I landed in a relationship with a partner. When I could hear, I asked if we could get together and meet. Her response was one of ignorance and she allowed me to meet with them so long as I didn't hug or touch her. What my brain said was, "I'm in a permanent relationship and I don't cheat. Besides, what makes you think I'd be interested in you?" It was weird and her husband and I were fine together.
Again, if need be, I will find something to support this and it's okay to call me on it. 35 years ago, I was battling an Archie Bunker-like character in the Kingston, NY newspaper who made the claim that all gays were pedophiles. I corrected him (I'm sure the quote made no difference - he might as well have been deaf) and said the majority (I quoted a percentage) of child molesters were straight men. I could go on but this is enough.

They are talking about transgender and gays, quite clearly.

The Duggar family is sinking fast as they sound desperate.

After the cancellation of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting, the Duggar family lost an ungodly amount of income. Estimates say their financial house will lose $25 million in future earnings, since the family received $45,000 per episode. This won’t stop the family from continuing to churn out kids. Josh Duggar, whose actions stand at the center of the brood’s molestation scandal, recently welcomed his fourth child, a daughter.

The Duggar arc is sinking fast, and they’re growing desperate. After all, it costs an estimated $245,000 to raise a child. The Duggars don’t believe in allowing their daughters to work, and the entire family’s skillset is limited. OK! magazine discovered evidence that the family’s looking for a new funding source. On the Duggar Studios YouTube page, they asked for donation

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/08/duggars-broke-donations/

What century do these people live in not allowing their daughters to work, I guess they want them to stay home and have babies after babies too. :roll:

Its rather authoritarian to dictate to others what photos they can or can take down from their website.
So these people hold a religious conviction that is opposed to the acts of homosexuality.
Ok
Its free country....or well......it was anway....
Mmmmm....

Back