Those Receiving SSI, How Much Do You Get Each Month?

How Much SSI Per Month?

• $600

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • $700

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $800

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $900

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • $1100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • $1200

• $1300

• $1400

• $1500 or more

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, not good, I will get SSI in Jan due school time.

First off, the question itself is rude and too personal to be asking on a public forum. Secondly, cash benefits in the form of a check are not the only benefits available through SSI. Tuition costs, job training costs, accommodation costs, etc. that are paid for a recipient are also considered to be benefits and are included in amounts received.

The majority of SSI recipients do not abuse the system. They use it as intended: to be an assistance in a time of need that allows them to become self sufficient.

I'm doing exactly that. I applied so that I could get the medical help and money to go back to school, which I am starting in January.

I would rather work cause I can work, everything works on me except my ears.

Well, I have ssid for about 500.00 a month after my children are outgrown (23ish & up). But my hearing husband works for ATT (phone co) for 32 yrs. SSI knows how much he makes so i end up gettting 500.00. If I work so i figure that i may earn about the same amount a month if part time job as well i will lose SSID. I'm from CA. I wish i can get like 2000.00! but i know it is impossible! or no way for me get those. i was told by Social Security office that I can't because how much he makes a month. We are little middle class as average.

I should quit my job and collect SSDI so I can have more quality time with my family.

however many dont realize to get SSD, you need to have worked into the system for 10 years or more. Otherwise you will need to go on SSI.

you are wrong!! need to worked for 4 to 7 yrs receive SSDI/SSI since i was approved last tuesday. I really so happy that I will get $941! Never Give up and Good Luck!

you are wrong!! need to worked for 4 to 7 yrs receive SSDI/SSI since i was approved last tuesday. I really so happy that I will get $941! Never Give up and Good Luck!

Never give up what? Is this temporary for you or are you disabled....physically, that is?

I am sure you were kidding. Hope so anyway.

Yea, I am but with the way the audists are having their way with deaf schools, I could be out of a job in the near future.

Yea, I am but with the way the audists are having their way with deaf schools, I could be out of a job in the near future.

I hope not!! For a teacher to feel they can do their job, they have to be dedicated and you can't find a more dedicated bunch of people than teachers. Thay have to put up with what the child's own family won't or can't.

I hope not!! For a teacher to feel they can do their job, they have to be dedicated and you can't find a more dedicated bunch of people than teachers. Thay have to put up with what the child's own family won't or can't.

What I mean is that with the CI movement, there is more pressure to put deaf children in oral only educational settings which can put deaf teachers out of jobs in the near future unless they have CIs or are oral themselves. Yes, I have good oral skills but I have no interest in oral-only deaf ed because of what it represents.

I have to tell you my personal SSI. My personal SSI income is the highest of all. I earn $0.00 every month, because I work.

I get paid 4x more than SSI.

I have to tell you my personal SSI. My personal SSI income is the highest of all. I earn $0.00 every month, because I work.

I get paid 4x more than SSI.

What do you do for a living if I can ask?

In NZ I used to get about $1,000 NZD for per month (but get SSI $$ per week about $250 per week in New Zealand) and add in extra $$$ from two part time jobs.

Ofc it not enough for high living costs in Auckland, NZ.

Currently I'm not on any SSI, so I am working part time and studying part time in Australia.

Let's hope not. I know it is tough though. I have seen the stats for Deaf unemployment and it is really sad.

What I mean is that with the CI movement, there is more pressure to put deaf children in oral only educational settings which can put deaf teachers out of jobs in the near future unless they have CIs or are oral themselves. Yes, I have good oral skills but I have no interest in oral-only deaf ed because of what it represents.

I think even with a CI, it would be extremely difficult for a deaf/severe hoh teacher to manage a K-12 classroom that wasn't composed of deaf/hoh individuals. College profs are a different story.

Back