This might not much but... call Sony

LinuxGold

Reaction score
This might NOT penetrate Sony, but we should nicely ask to include Closed Captioning decoder in blu-ray player before sending through HDMI. Please talk nicely, patiently and friendly. I did my part and it took me 45 minutes to get this through. Hopefully, I repeat, hopefully it will make Sony to realize the importance of closed captioning for the deaf community.

Call for technical support at (1-877-865-7669)

Before VP interpreter call, explain that you want to sound friendly and to be patient with technician so you can sound professional.

Ask for specific request:

-You are a deaf parent with hearing children or hearing guests.

-You are looking for BRAVIA Blu-Ray player.

-Explain that there is Blu-Ray DVD movies with closed captioning entitled "CC" on back of blu-ray that you saw at movie rental store.

-You want closed captioning, not subtitles because it interprets sounds and things that subtitles or SDH do not interpret.

-You are looking for Sony BRAVIA Blu-Ray player that encodes closed captioning from DVD before sending through HDMI to BRAVIA HDTV.

-Explain to technician that you are aware of BRAVIA technology that allows BRAVIA HDTV to control other BRAVIA devices through HDMI.

-Explain to technician that DirecTV, Comcast use device that decodes closed captioning BEFORE they are sent via HDMI. It is possible for Blu-Ray device to do the same.

-Tech will tell you that they do not sell devices, and if so, persistently tell them to recommend this idea up to the Sony engineer and that deaf community will appreciate it.

-Tell them that you want to participate, have them follow up with you, give your email address and create a Sony Support Request.

-They will send you support request acknowledgement via email.

This is just a small movement that might show up on their request, just sufficient to notice by engineers and hopefully they will act upon.

Thanks.

Please spread this to other deaf folks.

Back