This a shocking story of a deaf Black man

I just found this story , I know it's an old one but I felt it was worth knowing about .

I know , it's a very sad story but it's a apart of deaf people history and wish I it was not. :(

That is sad that he was accused of being a rapist in the 1920 and have to endured going through 68 years of his life. He lost his family and his home. But I am glad that he was wanted and be taken cared by the hospital staff. I hope he had enjoyed living in the cottage.

that is so sad but it as much culture at the time as opposed to deaf culture only....I did not know black American sign was different that is a topic and part of deaf history and black history I going go into that

that is so sad but it as much culture at the time as opposed to deaf culture only....I did not know black American sign was different that is a topic and part of deaf history and black history I going go into that
Yes, black ASL has differences, especially with older people. It's basically the same but in some areas almost like a different dialect.

up north in uk slight difference e.g sign for ny would be shopping elsewhere but see connection..old people in north tend to spell they very fast I no keep up with them

Back