The truth about me, Fuzzy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100000000000000000000% !!!
You hit the bulls-eye - MORE communication!

High five, Travis!

Fuzzy

Where there is love there is life... Mohandas Gandi

Gandi was a pioneer of (peaceful) civil disobedience.

Just an observation...

what is means you pioneer kind of civil disoebedience tell explain to me

Well, I don't post untruths to begin with, so no one needs or wants to post any untruths about me (and I think none ever have), so I think there's no worries there

I don't post untruths either, but that doesn't stop some people from twisting what I say into untruths anyway
and that's why unlike you, unfortunately I did have to worry about it.
:wave:

p.s. name-calling doesn't really get one anywhere, so you might wonder why people don't like/respond/ignore your posts. Just food for thought, smartypants.

Smartypants is not exactly a name calling, but even if,
perhaps you should practice what you preach, then?

:wave:

Fuzzy

0_o you hit on bull eye!? serious careful thread

To hit a bulls eye -
bullseye.jpg

it means that you hit the spot and you were 100% right
- about what you said about using ASL and speaking as having ways of
more communication.

ASL is one, speaking is another one.
Having both you have TWO ways of communicating available to you.
Knowing only ASL, or only speaking, you have only one way.

Fuzzy

Oh, brother

Look, it's your choice if you want to stick with ASL only.
That's fine with me.

But please explain why do you think if someone deaf wants to both use ASL and speak
you consider it as worse than using only ASL?

Do you honestly think limiting yourself to only one language is better than knowing two?

Fuzzy

AudioFuzzy- you were probably smart to do this thread. Unfortunately this issue seems to run rampant across this forum. There are some who are great at twisting and manipulating words into something they never were.

All right, all right. Let me ask something.

If I don't give my future Deaf child a CI, then what happen?

If I don't give my future Deaf child a CI, then what happen?

Just that your child will be missing the chance to develop the best hearing capabilities ever, and from that speech skills also.

Later and later, the benefits from CI will be less and less.

Cloggy posted once the great graph showing differences between
early and late child implantation, only I can't find it, sigh...

Fuzzy

Travis, look at the signature of Fuzzy, that should help clear the question you asked. Fuzzy quotes Mohandas Karmchand Gandi. Mr. Gandi used peaceful civil disobedience to fight oppression. This is called passive resistance. Mr. Gandi began his last fast (not eating in protest) praying for Indian Unity. Sadly, he was shot before he could complete this mission.
I think it would take more that Mr. Gandi to unify the Deaf. (ducking and running)

Just that your child will be missing the chance to develop the best hearing capabilities ever, and from that speech skills also.

Later and later, the benefits from CI will be less and less.

Cloggy posted once the great graph showing differences between
early and late child implantation, only I can't find it, sigh...

Fuzzy

All right. If hearing aids are very beneficial to my future child, do I still have to implant a CI on him/her?

If hearing aids are very beneficial, then the CI question likely wouldn't come up.

If hearing aids are very beneficial, then the CI question likely wouldn't come up.

Yet, some people still insist D/deaf children should have CIs after I asked the same question... for a few times. That is why I asked AudioFuzzy.

Personally, your child will be fine without HAs and/or CIs, just like children will be fine with HAs and/or CIs...

Wirelessly posted

KarissaMann05 said:

Yet, some people still insist D/deaf children should have CIs after I asked the same question... for a few times. That is why I asked AudioFuzzy.

Personally, your child will be fine without HAs and/or CIs, just like children will be fine with HAs and/or CIs...

if someone does well with hearing aids they automatically don't qualify for an implant.

Wirelessly posted

if someone does well with hearing aids they automatically don't qualify for an implant.

Which brings up the age old debate - how can you determine if an infant can pick up and comprehend speech with hearing aids before making the decision to implant them or not?

Which brings up the age old debate - how can you determine if an infant can pick up and comprehend speech with hearing aids before making the decision to implant them or not?

Is that something debated? Prior to approving CIs, most, if not all CI clinics require an extended trial and detailed assessment of how the child uses and responds to hearing aids if there's residual hearing at the level that might conceivably be brought down into the speech sounds range. Our clinic required it of all candidates, even those like my daughter, whose level of loss was beyond amplification into that range.

I'm surprised you even have to ask if this topic is debated considering how much time has been spent talking and arguing about this on AD.

I'm surprised you even have to ask if this topic is debated considering how much time has been spent talking and arguing about this on AD.

Oh, OK. Has no one ever brought up the hearing aid trials before in those debates you've had?

Oh, OK. Has no one ever brought up the hearing aid trials before in those debates you've had?

Regarding hearing aid trials: yes.

GrendelQ - I said "this topic has been debated here on AD many times" and now you're saying "oh, those debates YOU'VE had" as if you had nothing to do whatsoever with those debates. I could have sworn I've seen you participate in such discussions. Am I imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back